Why do we use pot fertilizer?

Guys about MegaCrop,i cant find doses on the website.

Also, is it suited for flowering too? I'm used to veg and bloom nutes.

Hey mate, it’s one product for both veg and bloom :) and their guideline (its on the bag) says 4g/gallon for veg, 5g/gallon for early bloom and 6g/gallon for late bloom. I started month old seed plants at 4g and kept increasing until they got to 6g with no signs of distress and have kept them there even now in full bloom.

I have the same issue. I have a 1000w HPS and i can not afford to run it in California. Once we use so much, we jump to a new tier and get charged more. Not just for the light, for EVERYTHING. My county has a moratorium on outdoor cultivation but our electric company (PG&E) makes it impossible to grow indoors. Sooo...what are we supposed to do?
I hear you loud and clear. I live in California too, and the price of power has gone through the roof. I'm paying more than double what I was just since 6 years ago. And since the chapter 11 was approved for PG&E, I heard the price of power will go up at least 5% a year. I guess we have to pay for all of their lawsuits and still give the investors their profit for the next five years. You would think the cost of the power would come down after that, but I doubt it.

So, needless to say, I do most of my growing outdoors now. Indoor growing is a thing of the past now. I still use one of my tents. But it's just to get my outdoor crop an early start before going outdoors.

Hey mate, it’s one product for both veg and bloom :) and their guideline (its on the bag) says 4g/gallon for veg, 5g/gallon for early bloom and 6g/gallon for late bloom. I started month old seed plants at 4g and kept increasing until they got to 6g with no signs of distress and have kept them there even now in full bloom.
What? So little! And it's dirt cheap too. Seems like a deal. How does it compare to nutes like say, terra canna vega? Is it as good?

Also, can u just used in terra canna professional media? Just adjust to 6.2ph and I should be good. Correct?

I hear you loud and clear. I live in California too, and the price of power has gone through the roof. I'm paying more than double what I was just since 6 years ago. And since the chapter 11 was approved for PG&E, I heard the price of power will go up at least 5% a year. I guess we have to pay for all of their lawsuits and still give the investors their profit for the next five years. You would think the cost of the power would come down after that, but I doubt it.

So, needless to say, I do most of my growing outdoors now. Indoor growing is a thing of the past now. I still use one of my tents. But it's just to get my outdoor crop an early start before going outdoors.
Why even bother with indoors if you can do outdoors? Only reason I even considered indoors is because it's "safer"

I see no. Upside to indoors unless you have a lot. Of money and are not concerned.

Main reason I grow is because weed here is espensive as fuck and tastes like garbage.

I mean sure. No pests, but then again. I've been outdoor for 2 years no and never had pests

I've transitioned from marijuana nutrients to Jacks Classic. I've been using them for about a year now with good results. This summers crop I used nothing but Jacks Classic, Superthrive, Sea Green and a bit of Cal-Mag. The Superthrive, Sea Green and Cal-Mag is just what I had from last years crop so I figured I'd use it up. They seem to help as well. The money savings on nutrients is nice, very nice.

I've transitioned from marijuana nutrients to Jacks Classic. I've been using them for about a year now with good results. This summers crop I used nothing but Jacks Classic, Superthrive, Sea Green and a bit of Cal-Mag. The Superthrive, Sea Green and Cal-Mag is just what I had from last years crop so I figured I'd use it up. They seem to help as well. The money savings on nutrients is nice, very nice.
Yep! Nutrients can get very very expensive. Especally if you're growing outdoors in the heat of the summer where you have to water very very often and your plants are hungry

Isn't Jack's classic a all purpuse fertilizer? If it is its what I have, can you tell me more?

I have a question for you expert growers. How can MegaCrop be used both during veg and bloom. They both have different npk requirements. How can 1 nutrient do it all?

Also, with mega Crop, is it all I need? With terra canna I never used Cal mag etc because it had everything my girls need

What? So little! And it's dirt cheap too. Seems like a deal. How does it compare to nutes like say, terra canna vega? Is it as good?

Also, can u just used in terra canna professional media? Just adjust to 6.2ph and I should be good. Correct?
I can’t tell you how it compares to other nute lines, until this grow, I have always grown in organic soils, but as far as growth so far, it’s done well and i‘ve not had any issues yet.

I can’t tell you how it compares to other nute lines, until this grow, I have always grown in organic soils, but as far as growth so far, it’s done well and i‘ve not had any issues yet.
I saw in the ingredients it has mag and Cal, so I'm guessing no need to add any right?

Also, correct me if im wrong, but tap water has mag and Cal right? And some people deficiency in their plants because their tap water might be poor in it?

Mega Crop works because the requirement for different NPK ratios at different times is a myth perpetuated by nutrient companies to convince you that you need a dozen different products :rofl:

@MrSauga (I think) recently posted a dry weight NPK breakdown of plants at various stages, so long as it is there in the medium, in enough quantity, the plant will use it as it needs it.

And the same breakdown for hemp (cannabis with no THC) is approximately

4% N - 1% P - 2% K - 1.6% Mg - 1% Ca

Yep! Nutrients can get very very expensive. Especally if you're growing outdoors in the heat of the summer where you have to water very very often and your plants are hungry

Isn't Jack's classic a all purpuse fertilizer? If it is its what I have, can you tell me more?
Exactly. The cost of using nutrients like Advanced Nutrients is the price I would pay every time I left the hydro store. It would cost at least a few hundred buck for a complete grow. I think the Jacks is about 40 bucks a grow.

But I'll tell you one thing that is not a good nutrient. It's smoke, and I am a little worried about my summer grow. They are only taking about half the water is usually feed them. So i'm thinking there is some negative effect that the smoke is having. It's been around for a month now.

@HayStack , the smoke shouldn’t affect them too much, they are likely drinking less because the smoke is blocking a lot of light, much like if it was overcast all the time.

You might want to consider washing your bud at harvest though, to get rid of ash and that acrid smoke smell.

Exactly. The cost of using nutrients like Advanced Nutrients is the price I would pay every time I left the hydro store. It would cost at least a few hundred buck for a complete grow. I think the Jacks is about 40 bucks a grow.

But I'll tell you one thing that is not a good nutrient. It's smoke, and I am a little worried about my summer grow. They are only taking about half the water is usually feed them. So i'm thinking there is some negative effect that the smoke is having. It's been around for a month now.
What npk. Is Jack's classic?. And how much are you feeding per liter to a fully grown plant?

Think of it this way @LosSerpent , I and many others here grow in Living Organic Soils. I don’t change soils when they transition into bloom, nor do I give them anything but water from seedling to harvest.
What about ph, I heard that in Los you don't need to check the ph of water, why is that?

Anyways considering how cheap mc is, I think I'll just go with that for now. And maybe I. The future I'll experiment with LOS, but right now, I wanna figure some other stuff out

No pH concerns with LOS, you are right. And with the Mega Crop, I have yet to check pH or have any issues. pH with Mega Crop seems to depend on the medium used. Some guys have had issues with pH rise using Promix, buy I have had no issues using coco.

Btw this is the mega Crop you guys talk about correct? Not the mega Crop 2 part, because that's not avaliable in the eu

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-38-15-733_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-38-15-733_com.android.chrome.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 34
No pH concerns with LOS, you are right. And with the Mega Crop, I have yet to check pH or have any issues. pH with Mega Crop seems to depend on the medium used. Some guys have had issues with pH rise using Promix, buy I have had no issues using coco.
I guess I should still check for ph, since terra professional calls from 5.8 to 6.2ph.which is lower than normal soil?

Back
Top Bottom