Why do you smoke weed?

I have been smoking for the better part of the last 20 years pretty much daily.

When I tried weed the first time close to 19 or 20 i didn't care too much for it. Then, I discovered that music + weed = WOW!! that is when I really started smoking on a more regular basis.. It gave dimension and depth to the music I was listening to which was otherwise "flat" without some herb in me.

It then became (for me) a way to get a better job. (how's that you say?) simple... I want a big bag of good weed.. well that cost money and if you want to have money you need a better job.. so it may sound weird to some but wanting a good steady bag meant I needed a good job too get such bag... that is in part why I got into information technology. I remember studying to pass IT certification exams with a bowl and a cup of coffee. Worked like a charm! I not only passed but I continued to get better and better jobs over time. All while smoking at my leisure.

Now I smoke less than I used to but still all day every day that I don't have to work. (weekends) but during the week I only smoke AFTER work. not in the AM .. Its good to observe 4:20 or in my case 4:45.. hehe.

Why I smoke today? ... I like the feeling of clarity and relaxation that I get from smoking. I also like how when I smoke I tend to be a lot more forgiving of the things around me. I empathize with other people much easier than when I am not under the care of the green Goddess. When I smoke, it is easier for me to visualize things that I believe make my life better as well as for those around me. I am also more likely to give someone a deserved compliment when I toked rather than when I am straight and have all my reservations. Weed brings people together, no doubt.

I am also an insomniac.. or at least used to be before Mary and I got together. So I also smoke to get a good night's sleep where I don't wake up 3 or 4 times during the night. When Mary puts me to sleep, I don't wake up until morning time. A good nights sleep is essential for me to perform well at work. So say what they will, Mary helps me to be better at work as far as I am concerned.

Finally, I smoke because I like it. A lot! :smokin: and I strongly believe no one should ever need an excuse to enjoy a good nug.

A large number of ultimately insignificant reasons that seem to orbit a much larger one; it gets me stoned.

I have been smoking for the better part of the last 20 years pretty much daily.

When I tried weed the first time close to 19 or 20 i didn't care too much for it. Then, I discovered that music + weed = WOW!! that is when I really started smoking on a more regular basis.. It gave dimension and depth to the music I was listening to which was otherwise "flat" without some herb in me.

It then became (for me) a way to get a better job. (how's that you say?) simple... I want a big bag of good weed.. well that cost money and if you want to have money you need a better job.. so it may sound weird to some but wanting a good steady bag meant I needed a good job too get such bag... that is in part why I got into information technology. I remember studying to pass IT certification exams with a bowl and a cup of coffee. Worked like a charm! I not only passed but I continued to get better and better jobs over time. All while smoking at my leisure.

Now I smoke less than I used to but still all day every day that I don't have to work. (weekends) but during the week I only smoke AFTER work. not in the AM .. Its good to observe 4:20 or in my case 4:45.. hehe.

Why I smoke today? ... I like the feeling of clarity and relaxation that I get from smoking. I also like how when I smoke I tend to be a lot more forgiving of the things around me. I empathize with other people much easier than when I am not under the care of the green Goddess. When I smoke, it is easier for me to visualize things that I believe make my life better as well as for those around me. I am also more likely to give someone a deserved compliment when I toked rather than when I am straight and have all my reservations. Weed brings people together, no doubt.

I am also an insomniac.. or at least used to be before Mary and I got together. So I also smoke to get a good night's sleep where I don't wake up 3 or 4 times during the night. When Mary puts me to sleep, I don't wake up until morning time. A good nights sleep is essential for me to perform well at work. So say what they will, Mary helps me to be better at work as far as I am concerned.

Finally, I smoke because I like it. A lot! :smokin: and I strongly believe no one should ever need an excuse to enjoy a good nug.

Music is crazy amazing when I'm high, I relate to you on that

i smoke because i like the feeling & the stress i go threw & sometimes i cant sleep & bud helps me out alot...i hate when people talk shit about bud like if its so bad...when i got caught all baked by my parents they really didnt trip like i thought they would...but the next they day,they started saying that its bad for you that it kills your brain cells & all that goverment bullshit! i really didnt want laugh at them but its just that they believe all bullshit so i had to tell them the truth about it & thats what i did...but they still say its bad...i really dont care i know its not bad so thats why i still blaze!!!:blunt:

I started smoking cause there was nothing to do. Now, I smoke cause there is nothing better than getting together with your friends and smoking a blunt of the good ol' herb. It just makes everything in my life better. Music. Sleep. Food. School. Tv. Work. Hell, even dealing with my girl is easier when I'm high. The green hasn't done me wrong ever. With that said I have an appointment in 5 minutes with someone very important :passitleft:

Great question. A good way to unwind after a long day. Fire up the vaporizer and grab a good book or something on the TV.

Like havin a beer!

Thats why the Damn is so good, just do it and chill!

:cool:

Nothing better than waking up on a rainy Saturday morning and spark up a bowl between sips of good coffee. ahhh.. nice!

Why do I smoke pot?

Why does a man climb a mountain?

Because it's there!
Ok..well it's the story I am sticking to anyway

Can you imagine the first session, the first human to smoke a bowl…
Guided only by his curiosity, Homo erectus found a plant with magic like qualities that allowed one to see the “other side”. To see the other side, how enticing, give me some! Homo erectus, now goes by the name of home boy and still dabbles with this magical plant. Truly is a gift from the gods.

For thousands of years this plant has evolved and mutated, then we got a hold of it. Now we grafted, clone, and cross bread. We put it under 24 hrs of light, feed it a mix of super nutrition, and make it do what we want it to. We gave them names to reflect each individual characteristic. Alaskan Thunder Fuck, AK-47, OG, GOO, DANK, it is a culture of happiness.

Why do I smoke? Any other reason than wanting to get fucked up would be a lie for most, including me at times, but for a handful of us, it is a life giving force. It helps me to remain positive even though cancer treatment is a downer. My mood swings from chemo tend not to swing so much. Bones don’t ache as much because and I am pain free until it is time to medicate again.
I started in college, stopped in my 30’s for a bit. Now I am back to being Ire!
Thanks 420mag, for bringing us closer together.

1. I have trouble sleeping some nights
2. To help me relax after work
3. I have asthma and it seems to help me breathe somethimes which is weird since it's smoke.
4. I have alot of mates who smoke weed, so it's a fun and social thing as well.

Started back in the 70's quit in the 80's to keep a job went on disabilty in 07 didn't like the meds I was on. Found my way back to weed for completly different reasons it just makes life so much better.

i smoke cause i fucking LOVE weed, ever since the first time that i even just smelt my firsty bud i have been in love with it. i smoke to help me concentrate through out the day, but dont get me wrong when the weekend comes me and my team and passin the plane haha.

A better ? is for the non smokers to explain why they dont ? I love hearing all the BS excuses and then telling them there full of SHite. Just like i did to the dare officer who came to school. ANY how enough ranting :) I smoke morning noon and night to relieve stress, pain of old age, for my nausea. BC its my god given RIGHT too :) God made this wonderful plant and who is any one else to tell me I cant :)

Well, I sure don't use marijuana to treat anything, especially any metaphorical mental illness or disorder. I have been toking for some five years now; I see it as just as another of life's "props", of putting the day's events into its proper perspective, or not.:hookah:

Weed to me is the best medicine for anyone. And you're right, non smokers make up all these bullshit excuses but I bet if they all tried it they'd fall in love just as we did. We all are extremely different from each other but we all have one thing in common and that's that we love weed. Weed calms us down, reminds us to eat, chills us out, makes us feel amazing, it relieves minor pains, it makes us happy, it makes us slower to anger, it gives us patient to hear the other side, weed is just amazing!

ITs the best medicine in the world. For Allllllot of reason.

Ive been smoking medical cannabis for 12 yrs. everyday. I smoke everyday.

I use it and have been using it for 40 years. Been using it to just make life a little less serious.... I have been taking the oil for the last year, daily. It helps me get a good night sleep and hopefully prevents me from getting cancer. Should it be legalized?.....yes, when it was recommended 40 years ago......at this point in my life I believe it should be mandatory....at least a couple times a month. We could melt the guns down to make pipes.

I am agree with you for mental effect.

Why we smoke? It's good for us, human. Patient and "normal people" are same in cannabis : cannabis is a good natural flower for human and some animals, it's not a drug. It's just a fantastic natural plant excellent for health. THC is like glucide whith special body effect. I think a lot of person want to become "patient" but it's not a joke. Cannabis can help you but it is not why we use it first.

So why cannabis? because it's a wonderful plant very strong and very easy to grow and it's just one of the best thing on the planet earth. All is good : look, taste, high, smell.

i smoke becuse, my native amercain family has done it for years on end as a thereaputic, medical, and socailble, way of life. not to mention it helps me relax, helps me to eat correcctly, and for my sleep. i fucking love my cannabis.:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom