Why do you smoke weed?

I smoke, like many people on this fine website, primarily for medical issues.

Not saying that it is the only reason, but it is the only reason I started and the only reason why I partake on a DAILY basis... If I didn't, I would love to take breaks so I can get outrageously high.. But being able to feel normal and healthy outweighs the delight of being blasted.

I would never have started if I wasn't desperate and felt like I was dying and without hope. I never wanted to do drugs, I was already having to take like 15 pills a day since I was 15! And our government does a fine job of lying to us about it... By the way, cannabis has replaced every single one of those medications.

Cannabis gave me hope that I can have a normal life and be healthy. But it opened me up to so much more..

I think Carl Sagan said it best for the non-medical reasons for smoking..

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."
- Carl Sagan

I think we can all agree that the world would be so much better if everyone just lit one up and opened their minds.

Sorry for rambling guys, I have a tendency to do so lately... Being tired does it.

I like the feeling of well being that good smoke gives me. Boring task are not as boring. In fact everything seems a bit more beautiful and interesting. Looking at famous art in a museum is so much better, for instance, I take myself back to the time the art was created and really get into it. A glass of wine taste better, I sniff it and I smell the things that went into it and I trip out on the history of wine. Sex is fantastic on weed, and I swear orgasms are twice as long and more intense. It just makes everything better.

I love smoking it because it is illegal too. I do not let some elected idiot tell me that I can't do it. Fuckem. I don't sell it or anything, but I will be damned if some geek is going to tell me how I am going to be enjoying my art, wine and sex.

For me the number one answer would be personal choice.:peace:

I've been smoking for about 30 years now. It keeps me sane. I remember my first high (wasn't the first time I smoked). I got high for the first time with my older cousin in my grandmother's garage. I was 14. I remember just sitting there on a stool thinking that everything looked like I was watching it on tv. It's almost like food to me now. I don't freak when I'm out but, that don't happen often. I guess I just like it.

when i started smoking mj i just thaught it was cool, but that was 8 years ago. Now id say mainly because i really enjoy it... smell, taste, effect, it makes the world a more enjoyable place to be and helps us forget about all the shit happening around us. Helps me sleep and wind down after a hard day at work.

i love mary jane

:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

Everyone has a reason for smoking weed, thats what brings us all together! Our stories about weed help us all understand a each other a little better.

I started smoking at my first semester at a Christian College. (a little messed up I know!) Everyone wanted this for me but I wasn't too sure on it. They kept telling me that this was one of the most prestigious schools to get into and that I should hold my head up and be proud. Honestly I could care less! There was so much pressure between being a full time student, working, helping my family out and trying to keep somewhat of a social life. I just couldn't handle the pressure, I was at my breaking point and that was the night I first tried weed. I felt so amazing when I smoked it. Every bit of stress that was pinning me down was gone, I felt completely free. Ever since that night I found my way out when things get to stressful. I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so horrible??? I think if the whole world smoked weed, the world would be a better place.

It was a little different for me but w/ some similarities. For one I could not of imagined being in college especially since my HS experience was very bad. My grades out of a class of 600 were near the bottom.
Also it was a different period being a part of the hippy generation when I began college in 1969. Of course marijuana is more diversely refined and potent now. Like you I could care less that it was a prestigious (art) school but seeing all that great work in real time challenged me. I did not have the cost of college but I had to work a full time night job in order to pay my expenses. There was a lot of pot around & for every kind of 'good cause' but I was buried in my studies. I may have smoked a joint or two a year. It wasn't until 15 years passed before I began to smoke regular and enjoy pot. I have rarely smoked marijuana on a daily basis but usually weekends or when I have completed a project. Which is usually at night and 2- 3 times a week. In a way if I didn't have my art I may have become like one of my brothers and smoke day and night but as turned out the draw from expressing myself as an artist was demanding enough so as not to obscure my vision. This has become a good thing for me as it turned out because I have learned to control the use of marijuana and other things. Other wise I would do what comes natural to me and that is eat all the cake all the time. When I am making art it is rare for me to smoke and never when I initiate a project. I do not drink much except wine usually at an opening so pot is the main way for me to relax and I mean kick back, laugh (even if alone), "let go of life" and imagine the world. Some pot makes me too creatively active so I prefer less psycho-activity when smoking since my imagination has always been a part of my work art. I say this but many of my artist friends like sativa. I like it w/ some indica. Not many people slow down to look. I think you are on the right course since you are asking questions, introspection is a good thing.

4 Reasons:

To relax

To make things more interesting / less stressful

To fuel creativity

To stick up 2 fingers to those who oppose our common freedom... particularly my old man :)

Oh and a late entry - because it's the best drug available on the good green earth :)

IndicaSativa said:
4 Reasons:

To relax

To make things more interesting / less stressful

To fuel creativity

To stick up 2 fingers to those who oppose our common freedom... particularly my old man :)

Oh and a late entry - because it's the best drug available on the good green earth :)

Couldn't have said it better myself ! :)

I was told that if we didn't keep the different cannabis strains under control they would have a growth explosion, cover the entire planet Earth and use up all the CO2, causing a biological imbalance and creating another ice age. As I piled it up and was burning it for the good of mankind, Zippy the Pinhead came up with Mr. Natural, the Freak Brothers, and Yellow Dog (what a dog!) and lectured me on the fact that my burning such large amounts of cannabis in this manner could potentially cause a hole in the ozone which would melt the polar ice caps. I asked, "Won't the ice age take care of that?" and they all gave me that "Oh, you dumb little potchimp" look. I quickly started inhaling the smoke (again, strictly for the good of mankind), and found that I could really get used to this saving mankind thing. I've been poofin' on doobs since..... :lot-o-toke:

Hmm, well I started when I was 15 years old. My mother smoked her first joint when she was pregnant with me. So I got it honest, thats the truth and I am sticking with that story! Everyone in my family smokes except for my baby sister.

I like to say that it started out recreational but ended up being medicinal. It helps me maintain a healthy appetite. When I don't smoke I barely eat but when I do smoke, I will make a dent in the fridge. While some people I know say they can't smoke then go to appointment or whatever, I can function quite fine. But I also get very irritable when I don't have any. I even think I get stomach cramps and headaches when I haven't smoked in a few days.

For me, it's a family tradition. :) Seriously. It was my parent's weed that got me high the very first time (12). It was my mom that taught me how to clean weed. As a child, I would sit with my parents and their friends as they talked and passed the pipe. I would listen to their conversations and watch how differently everyone would toke. It was during one of these sessions that somebody started talking about how smoking helped them with their nightmares. My ears stood at attention as I had terrible nightmares that haunted me every night. That night, I stole a toke or two (didn't feel high), but I kept trying and eventually got "there". LOL! I had a blast! That was when I had my first peaceful night of sleep. I am in love with mj! I always have loved her aroma and taste, and the lovely feeling I got sitting in that circle with my parents and their friends. For moi, mj is a family tradition I have every intention of passing on.
Love all you beautiful people!

Back
Top Bottom