Why does my Kosher Kush look pure Sativa?

jimoffy

I'm growing a kosher kush outdoors. It was a reveg a few months back if it makes a difference, but why does it look so Sativa? I mean I have a liberty haze to the left of it and it looks more indica than my KK? Lol

Well theres always the chance of some recessive gene thats sativa that will shine through regardless of indica parantage, llike having two brown eyed parents but having a blue eyed baby, sometimes the recessive becomes dominant.

A re-veg can sometimes result in narrower/thinner leaves. I have 2 Royale haze that re-vegged & the leaves are far skinnier than the one I grew from seed...

It has been a while since leaf size has been a good indicator of plant type. Even landrace strains have some variation in leaf type. Now days extremely fat or skinny leaves are easy to notice. Its all the ones in between that make it really hard tell. I have a Critical + right now with the most sativa looking leaves of anything I have grown. They are thinner then the Malawi or Hazes I have grown. Also 1 thing to note, I have only found 1 or 2 plants that looked like the strain in the picture. So many bud types and pheno's even with in 1 strain. Good luck. Good chance you will really like this new one.

It has been a while since leaf size has been a good indicator of plant type. Even landrace strains have some variation in leaf type. Now days extremely fat or skinny leaves are easy to notice. Its all the ones in between that make it really hard tell. I have a Critical + right now with the most sativa looking leaves of anything I have grown. They are thinner then the Malawi or Hazes I have grown. Also 1 thing to note, I have only found 1 or 2 plants that looked like the strain in the picture. So many bud types and pheno's even with in 1 strain. Good luck. Good chance you will really like this new one.

Thanks man I appreciate it. And yes I'm damn exited.. flowering's due any time now

I’m growing a kosher kush outdoors. It was a reveg a few months back if it makes a difference, but why does it look so Sativa? I mean I have a liberty haze to the left of it and it looks more indica than my KK? Lol

Liberty Haze is FAR from being a pure sativa. Being a cross of G13 X ChemDawg 91, and having a reported flowering period of 8-9 weeks, I wouldn't even consider it to be mostly sativa.

Had you asked why your KK appears to have more sativa characteristics than an African landrace sativa (one other than Durban Poison, lol), or a Mexican landrace sativa, or the Dr. Grinspoon strain, OtOH....

Liberty Haze is FAR from being a pure sativa. Being a cross of G13 X ChemDawg 91, and having a reported flowering period of 8-9 weeks, I wouldn't even consider it to be mostly sativa.

Had you asked why your KK appears to have more sativa characteristics than an African landrace sativa (one other than Durban Poison, lol), or a Mexican landrace sativa, or the Dr. Grinspoon strain, OtOH....

But when compared to everyone else's KK grows or plants, they all look identical, far from mine

Are they good strains though? We don't really get strains in aus haha

But when compared to everyone else’s KK grows or plants, they all look identical, far from mine

As someone previously mentioned, "anomalies" do sometimes happen when someone is growing a non-purebred strain (and, by far, the vast overwhelming majority of strains sold today are hybrids of some degree or other). Or maybe... Accidents DO happen upon occasion, so I suppose it is possible that the breeder mis-packaged your seeds. Or, for that matter, that there was a bit of a pollination accident with the mother plant, lol.

Hopefully, whatever you have, it'll turn out that you end up liking it at least as well as you would have liked the bud that those plants you've seen pictures of ended up producing. Who knows, you might actually have something other than you ordered - but it'll turn out to be one of your personal top ten strains. (Maybe you should take some cuttings, ha ha?)

Are they good strains though? We don’t really get strains in aus haha

I'm not really a fan of kushes in general, but I do have some random seeds with "kush" in their name in my personal strain catalog. I actually have ONE of those Barney's Farm Liberty Haze seeds, too. I just haven't gotten around to growing out any of them, as of yet. At a guess, I'll probably try growing the single Liberty Haze first.

It's been my experience that one's personal requirements (or even just personal taste) make stating whether or not any given strain is "good" to be kind of a difficult thing. To me, a strain that isn't prone to hermaphrodism is a good one. Over and above that, it really depends on what I and/or the people I'm growing for are looking for in a strain - and that can change quite a bit over time.

I have read enough strain reviews to know that there are a lot of people who love those strains. It's just... <SHRUGS> What's the best vehicle? What's the best car? What's the best color of car? Kind of thing. Ask 20 people, and you're liable to end up getting 20 different answers...

BtW, I've read that an Australian strain called Mullumbimby Madness is pretty good. The same for some landraces from Indonesia and Papua New Guinea (which are far closer to your location than they are to mine).

EDIT: I also read, three or so years ago, that scientists thought maybe they had discovered a fourth species of cannabis - in Australia. I just did a quick web-search to refresh my memory and, err, to steal a couple of quotes ;) :

Scientists at the University of Sydney believe they have found a fourth species of cannabis. The finding took place in 201 (sic), when a group of people were hiking in the Blue Mountains of Australia and discovered a single plant that resembled cannabis. The shrub was later donated to a research laboratory at the University of Sydney where a series of tests were conducted on the plant – proving that it was indeed cannabis. “When we first received the plant we were very skeptical about its relation to cannabis. It has somewhat similar growth structure, but the leaves look nothing like cannabis leaves,” according to researcher Christopher Pool.

The test results show that the species is resistant to freezing temperatures and the plant grows more like a shrub, without the archetypal candelabra shape of most cannabis strains. Countless cannabis breeders the world over have offered to pay upwards of $2,000 per seed, but Pool stated “The only problem is that we don’t have any seeds, we only have one plant,” adding, “We’ve exhausted our funding trying to find another like it.”

I'd sure like to find some seeds from such a plant, for the "resistant to freezing temperatures," if for no other reason. Hmm... "leaves look nothing like cannabis leaves." Seem familiar, anyone? Wally Duck's Ducksfoot, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom