Why does pH fluctuate in water?

fatbuds420

Why does ph change after some hours when you use pH up or down?

Should. It be re-corrected again? I just prepare 20l of water with fertiliser and correct pH. Should I fix the pH everytime? Why does. It change?

Or when recirculating, it can be caused by ionization betwen plant roots and solution, as well as plants up-taking various nutrients from the solution.

Would it be better to use a smaller spray bottle since the PH will change? I'm using a regular spray bottle and not continuing checking the PH in the spray bottle I had this change. Pour out old water, correct the PH level 6.6 - 6.8

20220718_084632.jpg

20220718_084635.jpg

20220718_084642.jpg

Would it be better to use a smaller spray bottle since the PH will change? I'm using a regular spray bottle and not continuing checking the PH in the spray bottle I had this change. Pour out old water, correct the PH level 6.6 - 6.8

thread is a couple yrs old, you may not get an answer.

are you watering with the spray bottle or using it as a foliar ?

it should make no difference as a foliar. otherwise ph for the media on feeds. it shouldn't matter too much on seedlings.

kinda looks like the one wants to be fed and up potted. your media looks dry.

Why does ph change after some hours when you use pH up or down?

Should. It be re-corrected again? I just prepare 20l of water with fertiliser and correct pH. Should I fix the pH everytime? Why does. It change?
I have no clue I would like.to.no same thing because I can a just i t.two.days.later.have to a just again.🤷

Calcium in your water will react with the acid and some solids will come out of solution, causing a change in pH.

Natural calcium carbonate in the water.

Also, water temperature effects ph. If you start with cold water, the ph will drop as the water warms, if you start with hot water the ph will rise as the water cools. I always put my water in the tent for 48 hours prior if its water that will require being ph'ed for some reason. I'm a living soil guy so I rarely ph anything and am definitely not a ph guru, this is just something I have noticed from one of my many many many tail-chasing expeditions so I looked it up and yeah scietifically its a thing. lol So now its all the reasons above AND a temp thing too🤣😓 Hope that helps?... oh crap...theres my tail...gotta go!

Back
Top Bottom