Why does this bud suck?

^This^

Could be that the bud was harvested prematurely, it was grown improperly, it's just a sh!t strain ( / phenotype / specific plant), A and B, A and C, B and C, all of them, none of them.

Wait... This plant was grown outdoors? I didn't notice that information in any of Swim's posts. Of course, I started skimming when I saw the term, "swim," used ;) .

mother was grown outside where she got prego from a stray male and thus the seeds were born.

and to your other stuff she stretched for a good 5 weeks she started showing signs of sec around week 3 so no she was not sexually mature yet her 2 brothers didn't pan out for obvious reasons but they showed sex sooner.

she had a few weeks where she did nothing. she was under a 600 watt hps and a 100 led. thank you for the feed back youve given me a few things to think about and i appreciate everyone input

swim wants to know why isnt this bud dank.swim told me its a mix of delicious candy and purple thai or ice. swim said it definitely had a lot of the d/c qualities heavy heavy sativa. also went almost 20 weeks in flower. parents were half assed and they had a better smoke then this. it just doesnt get me high at all. i was thinking it just isnt dry enough yet ive been curing it for about a month now and i havent gotten the r/h in the curing jar below 60 it stays around 68. its just been raining like crazy im trying to lower the humidity now hoping that will change the smoke but i figured id give yall some trichome pictures and you can tell me whatcha think. im just super bummed about it

None of these are the top buds it was a large mama and i only got pictures of the very bottom to middle buds.

was it harvested early?

They look clear to me.Too early id say. Try "Harvesting by trichome colour" to give you an idea. Peace

It's one of those terms that people who haven't paid any attention to a single relevant court case in the past 25 years uses, (incorrectly) thinking it gives them any legal protection whatsoever - kind of like all those "The content of these posts is made up, imaginary, fantasy, fiction, and NOT ABOUT ME!!!" things that were somewhat common in people's .SIGs a few years back.

The term actually means "ME."

Err... What?

Hey, Swim, was this plant sexually mature when you switched your lighting schedule to flowering? In other words, did it have the ability to actually begin flowering at that point, or did I have to mature a bit more first? If the latter, deduct those days (weeks?) from the total flowering time.

I don't see a single amber trichome. Which is good... in theory. Ambers denote trichomes that are degraded, past their prime, so to speak. However, in practice, the complete lack of such things might mean that you harvested a bit early. It's not so much that you're looking for them, Swim; they begin appearing (more and more) at about the same time when "new" trichome production has slowed to the point that the aging of cloudy trichomes into ambers has begun out-pacing the "maturing" of clear trichomes into cloudy ones.

And as far as "clear" vs. "cloudy" goes, Swim, it can sometimes be kind of difficult to really tell the difference (IMHO) using cheap magnification devices. Much depends on the quality of the lenses, type of lighting, strength of lighting, the angle of lighting, et cetera. Under certain conditions, clear trichomes can actually appear to be cloudy ones.

Swim, assuming that the plant was, in fact, sexually mature at the time you increased the daily number of uninterrupted hours of darkness in order to induce flowering, how long was the stretch period? In other words, from day one of the flowering light cycle, how many days did the period of vertical growth during the first 40% of the flowering cycle last? While it's not an ironclad rule (especially with 100% - or close to that - sativas), if a cannabis plant's measured stretch period worked out to be more like 60% of the flowering period instead of 40%, and the grower asked me if the bud was premature, I'd reply, "YES!"

Longest flowering period I ever saw was, if I remember correctly, approximately 24 weeks. But that doesn't mean that a strain cannot have a longer flowering period than that.
So informative and funny. Thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom