Why is Marijuana Illegal?

Angus McSpuds

why did it BECOME illegal???
- greed, ignorance, fundamentalism, and ambition.

why does it REMAIN illegal???
- greed, ignorance, fundamentalism, and political capital.

i am confident that all the cops, prison guards, court reporters, judges, etc could be kept busy with real criminals like pedophiles, rapists, and murderers.

i am confident that all the support personnel of the drug war industry (prison cooks, goundskeepers, maintainence, etc. could be absorbed into a LEGAL explosive HEMP industry.

as for the attorneys... they will always find something to chase.

i think jobs could be created to retro-fit vacant prisons into rehab and vocational training facilities.

i think they keep it illegal because they make more money from it being illegal than they can make from legalizing it. the gov't plays a huge role in supply of weed

i think they keep it illegal because they make more money from it being illegal than they can make from legalizing it. the gov't plays a huge role in supply of weed

I've got to disagree with you there. If marijuana was legalized and taxed in the united states it would generate over 12,000,000,000$ in revenue, leaving roughly1,000,000,000 in taxes that the government could collect on. and i somehow seriously doubt the government is playing a huge role in the supplying of cannabis

I've got to disagree with you there. If marijuana was legalized and taxed in the united states it would generate over 12,000,000,000$ in revenue, leaving roughly1,000,000,000 in taxes that the government could collect on. and i somehow seriously doubt the government is playing a huge role in the supplying of cannabis

i agree with skitzle
besides the goverment is losing money on it being illegal, because of the money it takes to run the court cases held due to marijuana charges

also btw skitzle i love your sig, its my faveorite Wu-tang song

I agree. The govt should want it legal so they have another thing to tax the shit out of.

its illegal because new mexico wanted to round up mexicans who were hanging out on the street but cops had no reason to hastle them, making marijuana illegal based on wild stories of murderous red eyed mexicans gave the cops reason to harass them and negros and native americans, and jaz musicians all in one swoop!

this explains the perils of CANNABIS,done by HENRY ANSLINGER and Andrew MEllon, IF YOU DON'T know who this is PLEASE educate yourselves. they invented the bleaching of paper and synthetic rope.You don't need an offsite link to educate yourselves. . THE BUREAU OF NARCOTICS ,also known as Henry Anslinger,(BEFORE THE DEA), LUMPED HEMP AND MARIJUANA in one law. THIS is why the DEA considers HEMP AND MARIJUANA THE SAME. HENCE WHY CANNABIS IS ILLEGAL. GO HERE! This link provides ALL of the answers

Anslinger And Mellon Connection

why did it BECOME illegal???
- greed, ignorance, fundamentalism, and ambition.

I dont think greed is part of the reason it was made illegal but I do agree that its one of the reasons its still illegal...there are quite a few companys that think they would lose money if marijuana was legal. Add racism to the list though, if you know how it became illegal you know it played a big part.

Let us not forget that the NFA (National Firearms Act) of 1934 was the blueprint for the illegalization of cannabis.

The NFA stated you needed to obtain a tax stamp in order to posses a machine gun, and at that time the government simply didn't issue any stamps to civillians for any reason, effectively banning their possesion.

By approving the NFA, the Supreme Court then opened the door for Anslinger. :peace:

If everyone read the EMPORER WEARS NO CLOTHES, they would get all of their questions answered about where cannabis laws started in the USA then globally, and yes racism was a huge part!

Back
Top Bottom