Why is my seedling acting like this?

Liam5677

Hello everybody, this will be my first post to this forum. This is also the first plant I have ever grown. I’m sure I will not be able to post all the important information You need to answer my questions, but I will try to do my best. I grew the seedling about seven days ago I germinated it. It’s been in soil for maybe five days, it did really great in the beginning and was growing so fast it was super noticeable. I noticed some stretching and I researched and found that the problem was my lighting, I switch out the lighting and now I am waiting for more progress. I also did overwater of course being the rookie grower that I am, but I have been letting the soil dry and not watering it . It’s been about a day and a half and nothing has happened but the plant still looks healthy, any idea what is going on? My room is at 70° in about 54% humidity. The strain I’m growing is OK with dry climate so I do not believe that is a problem. Also one of the first leaves now has a crack in it I’m not really sure where to go with this . If you guys have any idea or information that will help me please let me know. Thank you so much for anybody that takes the time to read this and reply!
CE4C7806-A091-46BC-AEC6-6F46F28CDB13.jpeg
5A0BF2AD-A1DA-46E6-B299-2A35E92DDFBD.jpeg

She's fine...bit overwatered as you said, but you can also add some drier soil to that pot...looks like plenty of room. Plus extra soil will help prop that tall stalk. She is just getting her roots going so don't expect crazy growth at this point.

What lighting are you using? How far from the seedling? She looks like she might be stretching for the light.

:goodluck:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I don’t really have anybody to hp me with knowledge or questions. I’m going to add the extra soil right now. Here is the link to the first light I had used, which was really horrible for the plant and I have learned . Philips 120-Watt BR40 Agro Plant Flood Grow Light Bulb-415307 - The Home Depot
It actually did really well with this light for the first couple days, but like you said tons of stretching. Today I went and I switched over to a different light which is this .
Philips 100-Watt Equivalent T2 Twister CFL Light Bulb Daylight Deluxe (4-Pack)-433557 - The Home Depot
The plant is pretty close to it because it doesn’t feel that warm, i’d say close to 6 inches away.

There are plenty of CFL options if you are doing a small grow, but eventually you will want to upgrade to led, cmh, or hps/mh. What size of an area do you have, what type of soil and nutrients are you using, what is the strain, how is the airflow? Those are some of the questions that can get you setup to turn that seedling into some good smoke.

Try and get a real led light like Mars Hydro, viperspectra, or similar

If yet not sure, see what's available and ask us about them

A $100 led will do great for a plant or two, $200 will get you even more plants light

Good luck

There are plenty of CFL options if you are doing a small grow, but eventually you will want to upgrade to led, cmh, or hps/mh. What size of an area do you have, what type of soil and nutrients are you using, what is the strain, how is the airflow? Those are some of the questions that can get you setup to turn that seedling into some good smoke.
I’m not at home so I do not know what type of soil it is I can’t remember the name but it doesn’t have any Nutrients. And it claims to be a organic soil.
I’m only doing one small plant so I figured for now the CFL will be plenty. I do want to upgrade to an LED, do you have any great suggestions?

The area I have is a foot by a foot of not smaller, very small although I can make it bigger if I need to I’m just keeping it smaller so the lumens hit the plant better. Since the soil doesn’t have nutrients already in it I used a little bit of Foxfarm big grow, only about a 10th of the full dose . ( didn’t wanna burn).

The strain is Girl Scout cookies, I just found a random bag seed and it actually popped up really well. This is just a beginner experiment and I plan to do more plants with better seeds soon. This is my learning experience . I’ve been very serious about climate control and airflow those are handled very well.

She's fine...bit overwatered as you said, but you can also add some drier soil to that pot...looks like plenty of room. Plus extra soil will help prop that tall stalk. She is just getting her roots going so don't expect crazy growth at this point.

What lighting are you using? How far from the seedling? She looks like she might be stretching for the light.

:goodluck:
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I don’t really have anybody to hp me with knowledge or questions. I’m going to add the extra soil right now. Here is the link to the first light I had used, which was really horrible for the plant and I have learned . Philips 120-Watt BR40 Agro Plant Flood Grow Light Bulb-415307 - The Home Depot
It actually did really well with this light for the first couple days, but like you said tons of stretching. Today I went and I switched over to a different light which is this .
Philips 100-Watt Equivalent T2 Twister CFL Light Bulb Daylight Deluxe (4-Pack)-433557 - The Home Depot
The plant is pretty close to it because it doesn’t feel that warm, i’d say close to 6 inches away.

When it gets pretty dry give it water only. Usually I wait until they have a couple sets of leaves before feeding any nutrients. I do not have experience with led lights, so I can't recommend anything, but there are plenty of users on here that do. I suggest beginning a grow journal to document your progress, and to receive support throughout your grow.

When it gets pretty dry give it water only. Usually I wait until they have a couple sets of leaves before feeding any nutrients. I do not have experience with led lights, so I can't recommend anything, but there are plenty of users on here that do. I suggest beginning a grow journal to document your progress, and to receive support throughout your grow.
Yes I’ve been taking videos through out all of it so I don’t forget anything and I note it all. I’m just kinda keeping it to myself . Update though the plant loves the new light and I added the dry soil! She’s sooooo happy , back to growing so fast I can notice change in an just a few hours !!
45C4F4B9-E10D-4848-A0A1-4D94CE7860C7.jpeg

man, if you can use the LEDs from the homedepot or lowes, or walmart, cut the top off, and get as many as you can. Ive seen some awesome grows from these BS home LED lights, even dollar tree. You get enough of them, they will grow some dank fruits for sure.

u can put 8 of those LEDs in the 1x1 space, and it will be great, if you as me,.. 120 watts about, rockin that space on the cheap

man, if you can use the LEDs from the homedepot or lowes, or walmart, cut the top off, and get as many as you can. Ive seen some awesome grows from these BS home LED lights, even dollar tree. You get enough of them, they will grow some dank fruits for sure.

u can put 8 of those LEDs in the 1x1 space, and it will be great, if you as me,.. 120 watts about, rockin that space on the cheap

You really think I need 8 of those ?? The space is so small and that would be almost 13,000 lumens for one plant ?? Even for a 2x2 space with a single plant won’t it burn it ?

Back
Top Bottom