Why is my yield so low?

Thawk

Hey guys,
I am on my second major harvest period right now, I am running a perpetual grow so always some stragglers. Regardless I took a lot of precautions to make sure this time through all the plants were grown well and topped and manicured their whole lives. Some of the plants looked unbelievable and the quality is great, however, I am not ever getting more than an oz a plant. This is not working out for me and I am not sure why, I can only assume I am not vegging them long enough? They are all in 5 gal buckets, I have over 1000 watts of Pro Gro Leds running along with plasma induction, using co2, and fox farm nute regimen... Really don't know why I am not getting the 2-4 oz yields people are getting with less light and less thought put into the plants. Oh and all the strains are also very genetically sound... Hammerhead, agent orange, Buddha blue cheese etc

Help?

Have you thought of trying a regular HPS 1000w to run during flower cycle on your third attempt? If not I would recommend that you try it I bet you get the results your looking for.

Mmm all that equipment makes me wonder some days.

Well the plants don't like something their & you mentioned something about very high temperature in one of the journals more likely a problem with your enviroment ?

Is their much difference between lights on temps & lights off temps ?

Total average temps etc

Do you have good enough ventilation for air exchange ?

There are a lot of people that bash LEDs for flowering (I'm STILL looking for one that doesn't say "use to supplement other lighting" and doesn't cost as much as a fighter jet). One of my problems with low yield is my plants tend to be more verticle than spread out and the only colas that do well are the very top ones. With only about a foot of good light penetration using SOG the rest of the buds are weak, light, and airy. I'm shooting for the basics this time around (trying to keep 80 - 85 degrees temp between the lights and the top of the plants, rootballs and pot temps between 70 - 75 degrees, 100 watts per square foot lighting (MH veg, HPS flower) and because I have to vent so much to remove heat, I more than cover the recommended 5 room air changes per minute. Good luck!

i would try a hps once just to see if thats what causing ur low yields..
sounds like u have a good setup.. iv never heard or read anything good about led's but i'v never used them or want to.. (not bashing led's) no matter what u end up doing keep us posted..hope everything gets better for ya..
good luck..

Enough about the equipment, how about the plants? How many do you have, what is the layout (shape, square footage). How long are they vegged, what training do you do? With 1000 watts, you could do1 monster or over 100 small plants. You should be able to get a pound easy, what are you getting?

How long are you vegging the plants???? I usually wait till the plants reach about 24" or more in veg before I hit flower

I checked out the light and reviews...wow 14 bands...thats the biggest spread I've seen yet...intreguing!! :) seems that many are having great luck with this light so I don't think thats the issue...

Are the plants becoming rootbound?? how do the roots look when you harvest?

What kind of growing medium are you using?

Whats your grow area like...size, temps, reflective material?

Are you pulling the buds too early? how are you determining when to harvest?

I went and looked at your journal... You haven't updated your journal since October.....how can we help? You talk of high heat, high humidity, you're using exhale bags, not CO2 that you can control. I think your yield is pretty decent.

I checked out the journal too, a little bit of a rough start, but thru most of veg and bloom the plants looked very healthy and all looked good.... did you yank them too early?

I noticed that you might have been able to use more LST and topping in the beginning to encourage more tops...will help with your yield...

I couldn't quite tell how long you let them veg for either from the journal...but I would suggest training them to bush out more, and letting them veg longer... the larger the base of the plant, the larger the buds will be...generally

Otherwise everything seemed pretty solid..

Ok guys sorry I couldnt get back on until today, classes kept me busy. Frst off I cannot run a 1000 watt solely for electricity and heat reasons, plus I only have 5-6 feet of vertical space to work with, so an HPS was ruled out. Also there is no problem with any bud that comes off, I'll post some pics later, it all look and tastes better than any I have bought. I did have thrip troubles for a little while and that killed me.

But this is whats up there now, I have 12-14 plants flowering, some are almost done, some just went in. I usually try an keep 16-18 plants in there at any given time. It is a 4' by 8' room, and I leave myself just enough space to stand and move into the veg room, but no buds ever touch anything. The buds are almost all entirely covered in trichomes and the buds all look very fat. I have started to top/LST all of my plants and work them into basically an ice cream cone type shape. The only guess I have is that I haven't been veggong them long enough, because all the bud sites on the plant fill up nicely, but when I trim it all off and dry it I never end up with more than an oz. It is incredibly depressing. The co2 is bagged co2 and it seems to do fine, need to get new bags soon however. I added moe light to the veg room in hopes the nodes on the plant woud be closer to each other, I believe the veg stretching is hurting me a good bit as well. Right now everything seems to be doing great except for less than a pound per harvest yield, and my two new bubblegummer seedlings a having a really bad problem. I have no idea why they look like they do, but they have recieeived the same care as all of my other plants. Going to take pics now, will have them up within the hour.

Yea, looking at the journal is not going to be very helpful on determining the issues because every plant that was in that journal has been chopped, cured, and smoked... Pics coming here now. Ambient conditions all seem fine, the only issue now may be low temps at night, but it never drops far below the mid 60s

Ok guys, sorry this took me so long but I had to leave town. Everything looks to be fine in the garden except for the bubblegummers which i will post a couple pics of in a second, nut here are some recent photos from the flowering room to give you a better idea of what I am working with. I am also positive I just need to Veg the plants longer, I was only giving them a week or two after they hit maturity... But anyways my new major concern is the two bubblegummer. They have gotten exactly the same treatment as all the other plants but they look horrible and I don't understand. Also it seems that after the new growth comes in all nasty and twistedm it seems to get more normal over time. Someone please HELP!!!
DSC004385.JPG
This is ow all leaves look, post another in a sec.

This is my garden
DSC004445.JPG
DSC004424.JPG
DSC004434.JPG

How warm are the pots you have your plants in? Do they feel cool to the touch? The soil should be between 70-75 degrees according to the grow books. Cold temps inhibit a plant's ability to take in nutrients like phosphorus. I've only been at this about a year, but a plant I'm growing now was doing close to the same thing. It helped mine out to put a seed starter mat under them, but you may be able to just raise them off of the floor (if a cold floor is the problem there) or put insulation board under them. I'd check my Ph levels, and the plant looks a little dark green so it may have too much nitrogen, which inhibits the plants ability to take in other nutrients which could cause those symptoms too. Good luck.

ever BEND the plants in veg?
how big does the main cola get to be?
from the pics, they do look on the sm. side
mylar on the walls?
Flat White paint works fanominal! just 3 to 5 points under mylar and so much stronger in the way of longevity
measuring the floor level temp!
a longer veg will make a bigger harvest, ya need more intence light! not bashin the leds but ya just cant beat good light. the plant kicks into another gear. sucks up as much neuts as it can get! this is where youll have a bigger harvest. let the plants start leading the way. i always keep to the feeding schedule and use a thrive alive vita b to keep her healthy!
looks good keep it going!

But anyways my new major concern is the two bubblegummer. They have gotten exactly the same treatment as all the other plants but they look horrible and I don't understand. Also it seems that after the new growth comes in all nasty and twistedm it seems to get more normal over time. Someone please HELP!!!
DSC004385.JPG
This is ow all leaves look, post another in

Maybe they are more sensitive then ur other strains?? Idk maybe flush em n see how they react

Ugh, that's a restock redo of your existing genetics.

Fungus wilt
Disease fungi (Fusarium oxysporum) enter through the roots and interfere with the water conducting vessels of the plant. As the infection spreads up into the stems and leaves it restricts water flow, causing the foliage to wilt and turn yellow. Symptoms often appear later in the growing season and are first noticed on the lower (older) leaves. As the disease progresses, the younger leaves will also be affected and the plant eventually dies. In many cases, only one branch or side of the plant show.

That looks like something you get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom