Why is soil so hard?

JohnnyBlazed

Why is it that every time i try to grow something in soil......it dies.......seriously i dont know exactly how many plants i have killed. Any how i just thought that i would let every one know that my hydro plants are now on their 12th week and flowering wonderfully. It is so rewarding to grow your own. Any ways i invested $900 on a hydro setup in a "fake" closet at my house. Ebb & Flow is the way to go!!! To anyone scared of trying hydro or that always kills them in soil, this may be the way to go, just do your research....it worked for me anyway. Ill post some pics tommorrow....should have done a grow journal, but hey im just happy i found a grow process that works for me. Anyone else in here prefer hydro to soil???:peace:

Re: Why is soil so hard???

I think i seriously overwater all my soil....cant help myself. Plus hydro makes virtually no mess......just went to oregon for 6 days.....came back and no problems whatsoever PH only jumped to 6.3 from 6.0.

The flora nova series has a good ph buffer. I use a tri pack with boosters and keep the ppm right at the edge of burn. Plus I keep my ph just below 6.

looking forward to the piks

Most people overwater when using soil. Even though the top may look dry it still maybe pleanty damp underneath. The best and only way to check is to stick your finger in the dirt and feel how wet or dry the soil about 2"-3" below the surface is.

Using organic soil and a light fish emulsion, cannabis practically grows itself, I can personally attest to that.:laughtwo:

soilhard_1.jpg

Thats a pic of my first ever baby.....i named her Madison.........whoever said you shouldnt grow hydro your first time:allgood:

You say thats at 12 weeks total right? Including veg?

strain is unknown:laughtwo: ......ya i know go ahead and get the laughs out. The seeds are from a couple of really good bags of bud. Hey its my first time....gimme a break.:smokin:

Very interesting man
I'd like to know how you did your set up, and possible pics.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna go soil or hydro yet, let's see if you can convince me ;)

Plants are ment to grow in dirt. Is that convincing? I grew some bag seed too, man if anyone deserves to get laughed at its me, click on the link to my first grow. Your plant turned out good.

DaHui said:
Very interesting man
I'd like to know how you did your set up, and possible pics.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna go soil or hydro yet, let's see if you can convince me ;)
Used a rubbermaid container for my flood table, a 10 gal rubbermaid opaque container for my nutrient reservoir. Cut 4 holes out of the fllood table and bought plant baskets to fit from a hydro store. There is an overflow in the fllood table that redirects the excess back to the reservoir.

A simple fish aquarium pump hooked to a digital timer follds the table 7 times a day for 15 minutes. I also have a airstone at the bottom of the reservoir to feed air into the solution. My lights need some work.....3 total two 70w and 1 50w for a total of 190w HPS hooked to digital timer. Will upgrade to a 400w w/ switchable next time. I have a carbon "can filter" and i believe 245 cfm inline fan from the hydro store. Grow with grodan rock wool....will use hydroton next time. use flora nova series nutrients. Thats it pretty simple for a first time grow. Ill post pics in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom