why is this bucket working?

No mutiny,Capn hahahaha Im on the ship,till I can fish now more

I will say that the R/W is a skill,And I need to be more patient.I have a hard time,just leaving them alone.

that little cutting,all of its sisters,had roots in 8 days,In the r/w cubes,Im only at about 75%,and with your tutorials,broken down so well,I just expect more of myself.

Oh that little indecent where I exploded the rootball?? Your cloning methods,did provide the next round-Thanks Capn

even these little guys are on timers,and auto watering,1 time a day for 3 minutes
DSC073742.JPG

Sling and I call that the "wittbagger" tote. ha ha. There are 101 uses for the wittbagger tote.

Looking like some great little plants you have there. I would top them now, but that's up to you.

With a spray cloner, it's fun to peek under and see the roots come out, so yeah I know what you mean about the rockwool. Not as fun. I went back to page one and all those roots look nice and white. Whatever works man. Sling has been doing the spray cloner for years, then just recently he switched to rockwool.

Sling, after doing both methods, what do you prefer and why? Spray cloner or rockwool?

Whatever works!

bucket is 3 bucks
lid is 2 bucks
pvc is 2 bucks
netpots and collars is 6 bucks
360 sprayers = 4 bucks
pump=15

trace them out on the lid,cut them a little smaller than the hole,leaves a nice snug fit.

C'mon Sling,lmfao

those battles are part of the adventure,hahahahaha

I had a guy try and "gift me" some good cuts,when I went to get them,I said dude thats got P/M hes like no man its dust from the cloning powder,I said steve,you use jell,theres no powder in this building,I left them

Sling and I call that the "wittbagger" tote. ha ha. There are 101 uses for the wittbagger tote.

Looking like some great little plants you have there. I would top them now, but that's up to you.

With a spray cloner, it's fun to peek under and see the roots come out, so yeah I know what you mean about the rockwool. Not as fun. I went back to page one and all those roots look nice and white. Whatever works man. Sling has been doing the spray cloner for years, then just recently he switched to rockwool.

Sling, after doing both methods, what do you prefer and why? Spray cloner or rockwool?

Whatever works!
For the sake of not having to worry about power outages and such I love the RW method but to be 100% honest I just loaded up the spray box two days ago but not for any reason other than testing my theories. Its always been a super easy and fast method but this last spring it quit playing nice, I suspected it was due to high temps so that's all im doing is just proving.
I will continue to use the "Skyscrapers" lol aka tall a$$ pieces of Rw that I cut and used wrong cause its just too easy.
After 15 days if I don't have a single root I do a lil tugging, if the stem can hold the block I give it more time, if it puls out with nothing then it hits the burn barrel, your choice, listen to the cap'n or swim with me haha
C'mon Sling,lmfao

those battles are part of the adventure,hahahahaha

I had a guy try and "gift me" some good cuts,when I went to get them,I said dude thats got P/M hes like no man its dust from the cloning powder,I said steve,you use jell,theres no powder in this building,I left them

lol see what I mean? Now if you have an area to keep them separate and isolate (cant think of the term im looking for) them go for it but this ol dog has been bitten too many times. Go for a three day drive to harborside and pick out some bomb a$$ cuts and two weeks after getting home you realize hmmm maybe those cuts came from 20 different ops and who knows what they got and maybe that's why my plants now have holes in the leaves and slime trails from thrips and all that horrid stuff. so just be careful and at least treat them with some neem oil and or azamax and wait, then hit em again and wait. If they pass the test then take them out of there isolation (thanks to the first member who reminds me of the term) and introduce them to your garden.
allright its off to the back surgeon to figure out if Im going to risk it on another attempt to decompress the nerve

Sling,man I hope that back get better,sucks your in this issue,when it wasn't your doing.

top them,or tip them,lmao either way they get the scissors tonight.

For the sake of not having to worry about power outages and such I love the RW method but to be 100% honest I just loaded up the spray box two days ago but not for any reason other than testing my theories. Its always been a super easy and fast method but this last spring it quit playing nice, I suspected it was due to high temps so that's all im doing is just proving.
I will continue to use the "Skyscrapers" lol aka tall a$$ pieces of Rw that I cut and used wrong cause its just too easy.
After 15 days if I don't have a single root I do a lil tugging, if the stem can hold the block I give it more time, if it puls out with nothing then it hits the burn barrel, your choice, listen to the cap'n or swim with me haha

lol see what I mean? Now if you have an area to keep them separate and isolate (cant think of the term im looking for) them go for it but this ol dog has been bitten too many times. Go for a three day drive to harborside and pick out some bomb a$$ cuts and two weeks after getting home you realize hmmm maybe those cuts came from 20 different ops and who knows what they got and maybe that's why my plants now have holes in the leaves and slime trails from thrips and all that horrid stuff. so just be careful and at least treat them with some neem oil and or azamax and wait, then hit em again and wait. If they pass the test then take them out of there isolation (thanks to the first member who reminds me of the term) and introduce them to your garden.
allright its off to the back surgeon to figure out if Im going to risk it on another attempt to decompress the nerve

We call it quarantine with animals, I keep any new ones from questionable sources there for 6 months or till my vet gives them a 100% clean bill of health, whichever comes later.

I'm thinking with plants I'd do a grow in quarantine and decide if I wanted to introduce a clone to my main area. At least that's my plan when time comes.

The process has served me well, I see no reason to alter it much.

DRM Ranch

C, is this your journal, or just a quicky experiment?

Having very limited experience with starter cubes using Capn's Recipe vs. using a bubbler with same exact recipe, my preference is the bubbler, sorry to say. There are many splinters in my feet from standing on the plank, but I'm me with a rather thick skull. I do wish to point out that the bubbler works very well with just RO/Aqua Shield and Flora Blend (for me anyway), but also you gotta get your tea that you should be making every single week on those roots. I get that the bennies love to eat the brown right off the roots leaving some nice white angel hair behind.

Bubbler vs sprayer I think both produce the same (or very similar) environments, but IMO, exploding bubbles on the water surface would create finer droplets. I also used a heat mat under my last run which were just 2 cuts from a flowering plant about 21 days into 12/12. I wanted to see if I could root monster cuts which are supposed to root in 20-30. I had blast white roots in 5 days.
DSCF18173.JPG

Your cloner roots look like they have brown slime on them. They should be white.

Sorry didn't see this Cap'n,
that last one has some issues,,guess liquid karma cant be used for 2 weeks,lmao

SKYBOUND- this is not a journal of sorts,it was brought up in a different thread,and rather than bust that into a hundred pages,I just started here.
I like your bubbler,gotta get creative,I saw one before made out of a ice-cream container,the small ones, I thought get the hell outta here,but it works
I have a bigger cloner,that is used more for the outdoor veggies.but even then,I always prepped water.

Im not done with the r/w cloning,I wont get any stronger than the 70%,if I walk away.It is something im doing,Ive given friends the same instructions and they are 9/10,As you know,the tutorials are top notch,so its not the teaching

C, is this your journal, or just a quicky experiment?

Having very limited experience with starter cubes using Capn's Recipe vs. using a bubbler with same exact recipe, my preference is the bubbler, sorry to say. There are many splinters in my feet from standing on the plank, but I'm me with a rather thick skull. I do wish to point out that the bubbler works very well with just RO/Aqua Shield and Flora Blend (for me anyway), but also you gotta get your tea that you should be making every single week on those roots. I get that the bennies love to eat the brown right off the roots leaving some nice white angel hair behind.

Bubbler vs sprayer I think both produce the same (or very similar) environments, but IMO, exploding bubbles on the water surface would create finer droplets. I also used a heat mat under my last run which were just 2 cuts from a flowering plant about 21 days into 12/12. I wanted to see if I could root monster cuts which are supposed to root in 20-30. I had blast white roots in 5 days.
DSCF18173.JPG

>>>my preference is the bubbler

I still like rockwool over bubblers or sprayers, because I don't have to worry about something coming unplugged, or water getting too warm, whatever. I think it's one of those things... once you've been doing it for a long time, you choose to do what you know works, 100% of the time and the system that has the least chance of anything going wrong. And there is no reservoir to clean up in between cloning runs.

If I had to choose between a bubble cloner and a spray cloner, I do agree with Sky. The water pump can heat up the water a bit if you run it 24/7. You can put it on a cycle timer but that costs $50, and if it goes wrong you're screwed. And what happens to me... my sprayers get clogged. A $15 air pump and a $3 air stone, a little tub and you are good to go with bubble cloning. And as sky shows, if you don't have neoprene disks, no problem, just use some tape :)

Sky is the master of doing things "mini". That is the smallest bubble cloner I've ever seen. He is also the master of doing things with the least amount of expense.

Sky you get to stay on the ship. The rest of you bilge rats can walk the plank.

I got it right off the bat, bilge pump screens in my experience are gross nasty collectors of everything you don't want to touch. The M3 CFV has 4 bilge pumps and only one is easy to get to and gets cleaned with any regularity. The other three, hey new guy, jump in there and scoop out that muck. Arg! Ye be a nasty scoundrel.

DRM Ranch

Very impressive work! Hoping I can afford the neoprene and the net pots, and get them securely. One of the shortfalls of living in a small town, as Cheers pointed out, "Where everybody knows your name." Buckets, PVC (reminds me, need cement and primer) and spray nozzles no big deal. They're at my local HD (last hardware store in town, after they put ACE out of business. :( ) I've had some plants that I've REALLY wanted to clone, but have had no space. I've got a bubbler stone, tubing, air pump. No water pump, or jets, or nets, or neoprene collars. So glad to see Homer buckets come down to about $2.5 after being about 5 bucks for a long time. Lids only a dollar or so.

Deleted Post,

Baked, sorry.

Cheap Flip flops are made of Neoprene, get creative!

Back
Top Bottom