Why Not's Platinum Kush Grow

The Duck Tape did the job, pitch black in the shed. I have not got the timer working correctly yet. Girls look fantastic. New growth is getting bigger, maybe because it is growing. Colour still really good, no yellowing. This coming week I add Big Bud to the Bloom A and B plus the Voodoo equivalent. Not dry enough to feed again as of yet. The moisture meter is a good tool. Over watering is a cause of many troubles.

The Duck Tape did the job, pitch black in the shed. I have not got the timer working correctly yet. Girls look fantastic. New growth is getting bigger, maybe because it is growing. Colour still really good, no yellowing. This coming week I add Big Bud to the Bloom A and B plus the Voodoo equivalent. Not dry enough to feed again as of yet. The moisture meter is a good tool. Over watering is a cause of many troubles.
That’s right doo! Wet roots don’t grow because they are content where they’re at. Thirsty roots seek out moisture. Big healthy roots = big healthy plant = big ol chunkers!

Tomorrow is the last day of week one of the Flowering Cycle. Too moist to feed again, as of yet. Next feeding, maybe tonight (their morning), will include Big Bud. And so it starts.
One last tool I need for the operation is that fan, makes the buds denser. I think I will pick up the Monkey Fan at the Grow Shop.
A close friend has just started two clones (White something), I will get a cutting from them in due time. I will give a cutting from my Purple Kush when the time is right. Seems fair. A clone ideally is taken while the plant was in the vegetative stage. I did not know that. I will still try to make the Platinum Kush clones when I harvest.
I await on four parcels from the postman. One is two small 7w grow lights to augment the light to the lower buds, from China. Another is just like a Magic Butter maker, again from China. The last fun package is Purple Kush seeds from BC, Canada.
The plants continue to look terrific, very green, with tops all over the place. I am looking forward to taking bud pictures that make you drool.
The text on Platinum Kush says harvest is up to 15 oz per plant, I will be happy with 14. Ha. With two other plants underway, at least in my mind, I should guarantee to be able to take care of my year (38.65 oz is 3 grams per day). I would be good if the first five produced down to 8 oz per plant. Extra to make edibles would be a bonus. Another type of bud would be good for a change up smoking it over the year, the final two plants of the season are for exactly that or topping up any necessary to hit the 38 oz. for my year.
Will need a ton of Mason Jars to do the final curing. Might store them full once I have the containers anyway. Wonder how much can fit in the larger Mason jars? One oz a jar is still 38 jars, half is 76. Storage becomes an issue.

Yield on an indoor grow is usually listed in grams per square meter which is usually about 4 plants. Outdoor yields are usually listed per plant. So if your strain say 15g per sq meter then a realistic expectation would be more like 3.5 oz per plant. Now outdoors in a large container or flower bed or in the ground you would be looking for those higher yields per plant. Now if I’m wrong someone please correct me. My goal is 8oz for 2 plants. Don’t know if I’ll hit it this time but I hope I do. I’ll feel lucky if I do because of my height restrictions.

Lights play a big role as well. Sometimes you can find a gram per watt rating. I don’t know a lot about that but I think there is basically a max yield a light can produce regardless of how many plants are under it. Again....someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Yield on an indoor grow is usually listed in grams per square meter which is usually about 4 plants. Outdoor yields are usually listed per plant. So if your strain say 15g per sq meter then a realistic expectation would be more like 3.5 oz per plant. Now outdoors in a large container or flower bed or in the ground you would be looking for those higher yields per plant. Now if I’m wrong someone please correct me. My goal is 8oz for 2 plants. Don’t know if I’ll hit it this time but I hope I do. I’ll feel lucky if I do because of my height restrictions.
I read inside potted plants are per plant and the square meter is of an out side grow. I read it twice to be sure. A square meter of pots depends how close you place the pots. Size of the pot is definately a control factor. I am using 5 gallon pails with holes in the bottom. Farms are measured by square acre, pots are not.
Height restrictions? consider a Sea of Green where the main stock is bent parallel to the ground forcing all the arms to grow up to the light. The arms become the entire height of the plant, it might become bigger and go longer but the arms are the height of the grow.
Gheez, sounds like you probably used an insulin syringe to measure.
Well I have Great White, just came yesterday. Tomorrow is watering day and because I haven't used anything but pure water I'm going to introduce at half strength anyway. Next time I know better, thank you.

John:thumb:
Yup. Made up the food but still too moist so will feed tomorrow.
Half strength is correct to start off with. Follow manufacturer's instructions always but half is usually how it starts.

Sorry, I mix up answers.
The girls are doing very well, healthy. No buds really forming, many tops. The black out is better once I Duck Taped the edges of the windows. So I must give it a chance, only 4 days at 12 - 12. Two days with good black out if that was a problem. I have the food made up which is 40 ml of Bloom A and B each, .2 ml Ganja Root (20 ml Voodoo equivalent) and 20 ml Big Bud in just over 1L filtered aged water. The plants are not dried out enough to feed, the food is ready for tomorrow same time.
Light timer not set up yet, I lost my tiny little mind and turned off the wall switch of the grow light (well the lights were off), and I should not have. Thus the timer was not powered to keep time. Eventually I will get it right. I just went out and adjusted the time until it should be turning off in a few minutes, then it did turn off the lights. Lets see if the turn on in 12 hours.

Went out and picked up the Monkey fan. Oscillating 7 inch built for a grow tent. Fits on a pole, now to find a pole. My grow equipment is complete for now. Should I produce anywhere near what the books say, I will have to cure and store to the 68 oz I have as my goal. I have found a glass bottle, half gallon, 30 of them is 99 Canadian dollars, picked up at the manufacturer in Milton, Ontario. Not too far from here. Mason Jars get expensive when you are talking 30 of them.
As long as the lights turn on this evening, the timer is working, I think they will.
The Crop King seeds just came in. Purple Kush with 25% THC. 5 Feminized seeds in a plastic bubble. Free lapel pin and the new catalogue. Have "paid forward" one seed and one of the others are both being germinated right now. Hopefully by the end of this weekend mine is in a small pot of soil. The other three seeds will be a crop for next year. Or I start three and leave one for next year. No decision yet. Maybe take cuttings tonight and make clones. Clones and the purple will be my grow two.
I have decided the layout of the shack should be changed so the plants are further from the door. For the next grow. I will move the lights and install the 6 inch outer vent plate. If things go really well, I will insulate a half of the shed and grow further into the fall and earlier in the spring.
Pruned the bunch of them last night. Removed the sucker leaves and opened up so more of the lower leaves get more of the overhead light. A lady from across the street came and showed me and helped. I did not want to do anything wrong to my babies. Tonight starts them on Big Bud. They are on that for a month.
The Purple Kush and clones will be grow number two for the year. Plus the cooler temperatures during ripening in September - October will help with the colour. The clones and seeds will be ready for bigger containers about the time the other crop does not need them any more.

Hotter today. Win $60M tonight, at least I have got a ticket. Won on the Irish Sweepstakes once, my horse did not run, won 100 pounds. That was 40 yrs ago. Won $5.00, only cost me $6.00.
Started the Purple Kush seeds, lets see how many bloom. Never germinated this way. Have 1 measured cup of room temp water. Room is 26 degrees, 28 outside. I put them in my Lord of the Rings goblet that I used to toast in the year 2000. They soak for 12 to 18 hours, so between 10 pm and 5 am, they should be put on a plate with paper towels. All three have now sunk to the bottom of the glass. Paper towels and plate ready for the next step. A dark room is a problem. Maybe under the coffee table with light blocked by pillows. Can't be under the couch, the dogs can get under there. Or in oven? Stayed in the bedroom with me last night, they were poking their noses at me this morning. This afternoon, I planted them all into yogurt cups with fresh soil and am watering them well.

Just ordered some "Early Miss" seeds. Got two Purple Kush seeds replaced due to non germination and bought the "Early Miss" a 70-30 Indica, auto-flower feminized seed with high THC. It can grow down to 10 degrees. It is a fast finisher but 10 degrees might occur by the time it is done. We are in the middle of July.

This afternoon, I planted them all into yogurt cups with fresh soil and am watering them well.
Hi Doo, sounds like you are on top of things. One suggestion once the seeds hit the soil is to not overwater them. The moisture should stay in your yogurt cup but the last thing you want to do is drown them. If the top of the soil looks like is is drying out use a mister around the stem and moisten it that way. Keep at it, and stay away from the horses.

Hello. Been quiet, still growing. Last night I got the vent exhaust cover installed on the shed. Hooked the new vent cover to the motor attached to the Mountainair MA 620 filter. The venting set up is now complete. Love the automatic lights. I have two 24 watt LED grow lights still to install. They came from China as upgrade (thank you) to the 12 watt bulbs I ordered. I was thinking I could use them as booster lights to the buds on the lower branches. Comments? on the small lights?
Watering now with Bloom A, Bloom B, Big Bud and B-52.

My "Early Miss" seeds arrived yesterday, I got 5 of them soaking in spring water immediately, one floater left. When I got up this morning at 5 am, I put them between paper towels and soaked it, pouring off the excess spring water. I will keep it out of direct sun, it is warm, if the AC is put on I will move them upstairs. Tonight I will take them into the bedroom with me. I found I check every two hours and top up the dampness. Max time to leave and not check is five hours. Progress good.
I am new here too. Your first starting is cool. I am learning to grow my own plants, but still don't know where to start first. Your first one inspires me alot.
Lights and filtering/venting air are important if indoors. Choose a medium, consider coco or hydro, I went soil. Choose a nutrient/fertilizer system. There are a few around. I like the Ganja system, for example the Ganja Root is 10 time more concentrated than Voodoo Juice. Their head office Growers Paradise is just 15 minutes away. Going there this morning to get advice on initial seed planting medium to maximize my happiness. Might start in a coco medium then plant that whole thing in soil when it gets that far. I think I remember that as a trick I learned in the Growing 101 course I took with Greenline.

My old paperwork indicating I could grow 10 plants expired a year or so ago, I am initiating new paperwork or I will only be allowed four plants, just like everyone else. With four plants and our growing season, I can not easily grow the 39 oz the 3 grams a day works out to be over a year. Next year I will be much better organized. Start a month earlier and get two full plantings. I see my pain doctor tomorrow and will get him to sign the paperwork. I will ask to be increased in grams because hip pain increasing.

Doctor upped me from 3 grams a day to 4. That is 51.5 oz. annually. I left the doctors portion of the Canadian permission to grow paperwork for him. He asked two weeks to read and look into it. I see him in two weeks. All this is being done so I have no trouble.
The Canadian Government are considering Marijuana being sold in local stores like the head shops. Quite a change in attitude.
While showing my sister in law the grow last night, I realized there are buds, still small and white but buds. I looked and saw another and more, they are everywhere. I will snap a picture tonight. May they all grow to be humongous. Still three weeks to the Flush. This timing is not set in stone. I thought buds should have formed last week. It might be a week behind. Only the close examination of the flowers will direct the timing and the step to take. Next week I start feeding them the Overdrive nutrient. It is time to start reading more about harvesting.

20180727_202606_resized.jpg

As I said, buds everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom