Why Should I Grow using Hydroponics?

I'm about two, maybe three weeks from harvesting my very first grow ever. I'm using a hydroponic "stealth" grow cabinet. Small space to grow in, no doubt, but I've been pleasantly surprised with how easy it has been to grow what appear to be very healthy and vibrant marijuana plants.

I guess the main thing I wanted to get across is that hydroponics may sound very complex to the uninitiated, but I've found it to be remarkably simple (so far, at least!) to achieve good results with hydro. I can't really comment on how it compares to growing in dirt since I've never grown in soil.

The system I purchased, which is a complete hydroponic grow system, came with a Technoflora "Recipe For Success" kit of nutrients along with a feeding schedule. All I have done so far is follow the growing guidance the manufacturer provides on their web site and I've maintained strict adherence to the feeding schedule. My plants are thriving, and I'm excited to harvest in a couple of weeks.

hydro is best, organic is just a marketing phrase, I often advise that a new grower use a blend 50% neutral potting soil and 50% bufferd coconut coir, and I will advise they feed with easy mix like technaflora and flood daily with about 10 to 20% runoff through bottom of pot. they don't know till there about done that they have been hydro feeding and they get the best yeild and taste with or without electric

hi i can i get some more info if you dont mind me asking good looks

I think we all should have at least one soil grow. just so we miss those fungus gnats after we go hydro. Five pounds off seven plants may be reason enough! Just saying...

:peace:

PS ... A backup generator can give you some peace of mind, true!

I have four 55 gals barrels and would like to know if I can do a space bucket system. One plant in each would or should do 4 bigger plants. Where can I get more information from someone that has done the same. What kind of lighting should I use and finally, hydroponically.

I have never seen any compelling evidence that hydro produces faster growth or a better yield. Plants grow pretty much at a set rate based on genetics and environmental factors, but the medium they sit in doesn't play a significant role. Hydro has lots of negatives - cost, complexity of the grow, and space requirements. Personally not a fan. Just my two cents!

That sounds crazy, being a newbie to growing I have never heard of such a system.

Thanks for the info!

KitsapMMJ I could not agree more Amigo... Not just about the watering but the saying at the bottom....
the finest anti-nausea medication known to science !

I am a proud Disabled Veteran and it is for reasons such as you give Kitsap that makes me so very HAPPY I FOUND 420 and the Amazing People on it ! This site is additive ! Not to mention I want ALL THE BEST INFO I CAN GET ref my BABIES !

APPRECIATE EVERYBODY ! Growers, Helpers, question answering etc etc......:rollit: :party: :yahoo:

OldHippyMan....... 5 POUNDS FROM 7 PLANTS ! How in the WORLD ! I am a 57 yr old Disabled Vet and have wanted for years to do this and in a few hours ...... MY FIRST DWC with 2 babies that have been in rockwool for 6 weeks with no roots....Sooooo.....gonna plunge DWC with 1/2 nutes and ck the PH, PPM, etc etc........

I still can NOT wrap my head around 5 POUNDS & 7 PLANTS ! BROTHER ..... I could do a grow every 2 years ! You ROCK Brother ! My Hero and Idol..... when I grow up I wanna be just like you...... 5 with 7 ! : ) :thumb: :idea:

There is another way of doing it where you find the plants you like(you can call them mothers)

But you take clones of plants that came from seed and then flower the plant you took the cutting from. Then you keep the clones from the plants you like and get rid of any clone from plants you don't really care for.

Then you just keep taking clones from those clones before you put them into flower and you could go like that for the rest of you life if you wanted and never have to hold on to a mother. I have heard of people going 30yrs like that.

That way saves a lot of room for those of us with small setups. You just need a good clone bucket.

i think i have to post 25 times in order to start my own thread if this is so can someone start a new thread with this title:

Can you grow mothers and clones using ebb and flow on the same system?

then the body:
i have only grown 7 plants from seed in soil so i dont not know much about the hydroponics aspect of growing (mostly the concentrations of neuts needed)

i am drawing out plans for a grow with two rooms one veg with mothers and clones and one flower. when thinking about the setup i came up with a question i had no way of answering, so i turn to the experts.

i am thinking of using a 24 bucket ebb and flow hydroponics system for my veg room. i was wondering if i am growing 6 mothers and 18 rooted clones on the same water source will the mothers survive. i am assuming the clones can not handle (will die?) the amount of neuts a mother needs to stay healthy. i am then also assuming the mothers can not survive on the small amount of neuts a clone needs.

i do not find it cost effective to buy a separate 6 bucket ebb and flow just for the mothers unless that is the only way.

look forward to hearing from the experts. thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am using a Hydroponic wick system set up with Perlite and clay pellets.
Does anyone have recommendations and what nutrients I can add into my reservoir (either store bough or home-made)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you so much
Nana

Hello,

I am using a Hydroponic wick system set up with Perlite and clay pellets.
Does anyone have recommendations and what nutrients I can add into my reservoir (either store bough or home-made)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you so much
Nana

Hi Nana and :welcome:

This is an old thread. Please post your question in Hydroponic Gardening, where the experts will help you out.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom