Why so many male plants

ekimray

Hi I'm new to growing.I started 20 plants in pots from bag seeds I have 16 males and 4 females .I'm growing these out side they are about 6 weeks and starting to bud already . why so many males and so few females thanks

has it been cold? what have the conditions been?

a seeds sex is determined when its made on the plant , not after sprouting. so it was either being unlucky when they packed the seed or the breeder stressed his plants to much which can cause a higher number of males and hermies

snipped from

Cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannabis has been described as having one of the most complicated mechanisms of sex determination among the dioecious plants. Many models have been proposed to explain sex determination in Cannabis.

Based on studies of sex reversal in hemp, it was first reported by K. Hirata in 1924 that an XY sex-determination system is present. At the time, the XY system was the only known system of sex determination. The X:A system was first described in Drosophila spp in 1925. Soon thereafter, Schaffner disputed Hirata's interpretation, and published results from his own studies of sex reversal in hemp, concluding that an X:A system was in use and that furthermore sex was strongly influenced by environmental conditions.

End Snip

Some say the colder it is the more males you will have ... it seems to hold true in your case

thease were seeds I got out of a bag of weed . guess iI will buy some more weed and look for some other seeds I can't pay $100.00 for a few good seeds......thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom