Why Won't She Open Up?

Taken almost a week ago. They really are doing fantastic. I do love autos as soon as I can get them to the seedling stage safely.

Yes light distance for seedling should be at least 30in so you don't cook her also you could start in smaller pots and move your way up but I personally start my seeds in a peat pod then directly into the final pot and I've never had one issue. If you do start in the bigger pot, don't water directly where she's coming out of the dirt make sure you water about 2 to 3 in around her so the roots can stretch for water or just water the whole pot every few days when she needs it so her root system can stretch for water all throughout. Good luck with your grow!!

Well,they obviously sailed through the seedling stage with no problems!
Beautiful plants:goodjob:

Well,they obviously sailed through the seedling stage with no problems!
Beautiful plants:goodjob:
Thank you so much! Made my day!

You know something, they say to put Autos in the pot that they will end up in but before this little group, I brought for Northern Light Autos to life in Solo cups and they transplanted just fine! They actually flourished beautifully! Irregardless of what anybody says about Autos from here on, I will go by my experience and I will be starting them and Solo cups. Thank you for the advice!
Everything you here about autos is generally true for the smaller, faster finishing strains mate. but anything large can do what the hell you want to them. I do autos in 1inch cubes for 5 days then 4inch cubes for 12-14 days then final media. Had a few monsters that way that were topped, defolled heavily all the way, supercropped and lstd the shit out of. The bigger strains love a good thrashing.
Smaller strains never end well for me though lol.

I was doing autos for a while and found that sometimes they just don't want to germ. for what ever reason? I had a stunted female auto Hindu Kush once that only got like 4" tall, it was so cute, it looked like a tiny little baby Christmas tree. It was just one little bud from bottom to top.

Those autos can either be the easiest plants in the world to grow or they can give you fits if conditions aren't perfect for them and that tends to be a strain dependent factor as well. Some of them can't wait to grow and flourish while others are finicky as hell and take an act of God to grow.

I found that Jiffy pellets in the pans and distilled water works extremely well for germinating most any kind of Cannabis plants as long they're kept warm. Fold up a thick towel and lay it on top of a heating pad set on low, lay the jiffy pellet pan on top of the folded towel and place another towel on top of the lid on the pan and you will see near perfect results almost every single time.

I had probably a 99% germination rate using that method for both autos and normal Cannabis strains, as long as the seeds are viable.

I was doing autos for a while and found that sometimes they just don't want to germ. for what ever reason? I had a stunted female auto Hindu Kush once that only got like 4" tall, it was so cute, it looked like a tiny little baby Christmas tree. It was just one little bud from bottom to top.

Those autos can either be the easiest plants in the world to grow or they can give you fits if conditions aren't perfect for them and that tends to be a strain dependent factor as well. Some of them can't wait to grow and flourish while others are finicky as hell and take an act of God to grow.

I found that Jiffy pellets in the pans and distilled water works extremely well for germinating most any kind of Cannabis plants as long they're kept warm. Fold up a thick towel and lay it on top of a heating pad set on low, lay the jiffy pellet pan on top of the folded towel and place another towel on top of the lid on the pan and you will see near perfect results almost every single time.

I had probably a 99% germination rate using that method for both autos and normal Cannabis strains, as long as the seeds are viable.
I done one of those little stunters on purpose just to provide some entertainment. Got a perfect 3g from a single bud on a 7" plant. You must've got her root bound early on or badly shocked her somehow. Those jiffy are notorious for root bounding cos of the mesh. Gotta cut that off or better yet use root riots. I've had 2 tailers put of around 150 and I've just done 6 that I never watered, just put in the root root, in a 99p humidity box and chucked in a dark, pretty cold wardrobe for 4 days.
Anywhere other than the freezer seems to work lol

Update: She damped off. I don't know what happened I really didn't do anything different except I had the light a little too close at the beginning. It'll be okay though. I have some Sour Girl Auto coming from crop King seeds. Hopefully I can get these to germinate this time. Autos are so touchy. I have 100% germination and healthy seedling rate with photo plants. These Autos are definitely particular little things!

Hey,you gave it a good try,apparently it just wasn't meant to be...
Since an auto's flowering clock starts ticking at germination,if they get off to a slow start,they start flowering when they're a lot smaller than we'd like them to be.

I'm growing out an old Low Ryder#2 auto seed that I found in the bottom of my seed stash-she had sort of a rough time in the early days,and started flowering as soon as I moved her out of the solo cup.
Now she's flowering like crazy,lots of buds (LST) and very healthy-But only 8"tall.
She looks just like a pot plant -only smaller...:(

Hey,you gave it a good try,apparently it just wasn't meant to be...
Since an auto's flowering clock starts ticking at germination,if they get off to a slow start,they start flowering when they're a lot smaller than we'd like them to be.

I'm growing out an old Low Ryder#2 auto seed that I found in the bottom of my seed stash-she had sort of a rough time in the early days,and started flowering as soon as I moved her out of the solo cup.
Now she's flowering like crazy,lots of buds (LST) and very healthy-But only 8"tall.
She looks just like a pot plant -only smaller...:(
Those Autos are damn picky girls!

Yep, was fixing to say looks like dampening off to me because the stem fight at ground level was smaller than near the leaves.
Wow! You're good! Now I know. I was worried about damping off for that exact same reason. I noticed how tiny this stem was around the Coty's. Thank you and now I know! I hope my next round of Autos goes better than this last!

This Northern Lights Auto broke ground 2 days ago. She won't seem to stand all the way up and open up her Cotys. She is in a 7 gallon cloth pot a fox Farms ocean forest and perlite. She's about a foot and a half under 300w LEDs. I spray her with pH water every 12 hours as the soil gets completely dry. My humidity is between 70 and 80% and my temps are at 80° Fahrenheit. Any idea what's going on here or do I just need to be more patient and wait it out? Thank you so much in advance as this is only my fourth grow and I am still learning so much!
Why such a big pot for a baby

Why such a big pot for a baby

Theres nothing wrong with planting into large pots.
I always do, you just water the plant not the pot.
I always plant a germinated seed right into a 25 gallon pot and have never had a single problem.
There are also numerous strains of autoflowers that can be really sensitive to transplanting, even if it just stunts growth for like a couple days that can make difference in an autoflower by killing your yield.

This Northern Lights Auto broke ground 2 days ago. She won't seem to stand all the way up and open up her Cotys. She is in a 7 gallon cloth pot a fox Farms ocean forest and perlite. She's about a foot and a half under 300w LEDs. I spray her with pH water every 12 hours as the soil gets completely dry. My humidity is between 70 and 80% and my temps are at 80° Fahrenheit. Any idea what's going on here or do I just need to be more patient and wait it out? Thank you so much in advance as this is only my fourth grow and I am still learning so much!
hi put your lights about 18 in away and see how that works and moist not soaked

slow and easy pure water no candy shit no bat shit no monkey piss pure water

Attachments

• 20190124_151555.jpg
    20190124_151555.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1541714056966.jpg
    1541714056966.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20181116_081544.jpg
    20181116_081544.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 60