Why?

Jackalope

We all grow for different reasons. Personally I know I grow for lots of reasons. First and for most I love smoking and growing. By now I could have had a couple of mothers and be growing great weed every grow. For some reason I can't do that. I am a choosy smoker so that is not the best way to go about things. Why do I continue to grow strains I know nothing about?

For me it is the strains themselves. So many out there for a guy that wants to grow them all. Well not ALL but more than I will ever get to. Something about watching a new strain grow up trips my trigger. There is something more than just wanting to grow my own great weed. If that was the case I would be set with a few mothers right now. While I see plants as meds and weed to smoke. That is not why I grow. Recently I have figured out that I grow because I can't stop. Addiction pure and simple.

So look deep down and let us know why you grow.

I was forced into it. I've had constant lower back pain & sciatica for over forty years. My family physician refuses to prescribe controlled substances anymore for anyone or any condition. This is due to the draconian enforcement of Health Canada guidelines by our Provincial Health Authority. I'd have to go to a different walk in clinic every week just to get Tylenol 3s whenever the pain flares up. Cannabis was the only option I had left to get pain relief. Insurance won't cover a prescription for cannabis, and I cant afford to buy it, so I'm growing it. I was in constant pain at NPIC levels of 5-6, with spikes in the range of 8-9 for over a year until I was able to get a prescription, and finish my first grow.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy growing, and solving the problems that came with the setup and expansion of my grow op. If I had the option I'd have put that money into wood working. I've got the tools, just no materials to work with.

The wife and I like to smoke. We don't drink. It's our thing. The cost on the street even in a medically legal state was too much for us to afford. So we grow our own and help out others in the community with it which helps me continue to grow our own for little to no cost.

was a long time recreational smoker. all that changed a few yrs ago.
i grow primarily for medical reasons. the majority of my flower goes to helping aging parents with health issues cope day to day. i address my med needs after that.

less than a third of what i grow is for rec now. don't have the space for it.

pigs and chickens :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dirty annoying critters lol but so tasty

I hate getting calls for both those types of farms. But I grew up with livestock so the rest don't bother me.

Dirty annoying critters lol but so tasty
You gotta be referring to chickens...you forgot to add stupid. But tasty.

Pigs are my soul animal :) (also delicious)

I only have a few of each and they are pastured, so no stink.

You gotta be referring to chickens...you forgot to add stupid. But tasty.

Pigs are my soul animal :) (also delicious)

Indeed incredibly stupid. Almost as dumb as the sheep.

There's a big difference in a pig sty and a commercial hog farm though haha. I do get a kick out of the piglets and that's what keeps me going back, poor little guys will freeze to death if I don't.

Kids keep asking for a pig because they want his bacon in the winter haha

Ever since i smoked my first joint at 15 ( pop can pipe actually ) i've been in love with it. I've been smoking so much for so long that i've recently decided i must be self medicating for something lol.

when i was 20 i saw a crop for the first time and ever since i've wanted to grow my own. as soon as they changed the laws in canada i got at it. as soon as i started growing i knew it was for me, forever.

I used to play video games after work all night long. ever since i started growing i can't even be bothered. hell i can't even focus on a movie when the gf and i a sitting down together lol.

it's made me a much happier person having a hobby that is real. not only is it rewarding in a material sense. it's even more rewarding to be able to stretch my mind and learn something, and become attracted to something that excites me every single day. it's literally a reason to get out of bed. constantly having something to look forward to whether it be the harvest or the experimental side is truly a gift that sadly many, many other people don't have.

growing is life

A buddy of mine talked me into trying it for helping me sleep at night and to help deal with (at the time) a ”wrist sprain” With Canada legalizing it, I thought why the hell not try it. So last summer I bought a tent, seeds and other essentials and started my hobby. Turns out that wrist sprain was something much more serious and resulted in me having surgery on it this past January. My pain meds did nothing but back me up for 10 days and so I quit them after 5 and just used what I grew instead. Best decision I think I made, and still using as I still recover with my physio. Now I got my mom doing the same (well she’s still using her prescribe meds on top) because she had a knee replacement about 11days ago. So I’m taking time off to help her out and as a bonus toking 3-5 times a day with her. So yeah mine is more for pain but love taking some C99 for my movie watching to enhance the colours and music. :)

A buddy of mine talked me into trying it for helping me sleep at night and to help deal with (at the time) a ”wrist sprain” With Canada legalizing it, I thought why the hell not try it. So last summer I bought a tent, seeds and other essentials and started my hobby. Turns out that wrist sprain was something much more serious and resulted in me having surgery on it this past January. My pain meds did nothing but back me up for 10 days and so I quit them after 5 and just used what I grew instead. Best decision I think I made, and still using as I still recover with my physio. Now I got my mom doing the same (well she’s still using her prescribe meds on top) because she had a knee replacement about 11days ago. So I’m taking time off to help her out and as a bonus toking 3-5 times a day with her. So yeah mine is more for pain but love taking some C99 for my movie watching to enhance the colours and music. :)

Best of luck to your mom. She's in for a rough go for the next few weeks. My wife had it done almost a year ago.

Nah, if I would raise livestock it would be akin to those guys whose cost of growing a tomato is $20 per after you amortize the cost of a rototiller over its life. I'll stick to cheap meat at HyVee.

I couldn't raise a hog for the price I pay for the meat. The ones we raised in my youth tasted a lot better though, especially the one that knocked down into the manure.

Indeed incredibly stupid. Almost as dumb as the sheep.

There's a big difference in a pig sty and a commercial hog farm though haha. I do get a kick out of the piglets and that's what keeps me going back, poor little guys will freeze to death if I don't.

Kids keep asking for a pig because they want his bacon in the winter haha
I went to a commercial beef processing plant once...yikes. I think I took 2x showers that night!

My pigs are in a pasture and they literally frolic chasing one another....we say they only have "one bad day"...my chickens are free range and annoy my neighbor, so they earn their keep (plus eggs).

Back
Top Bottom