Why?

I grow because it improves my quality of life and those around me.
I for some reason have a very over active mind and I often find myself pondering over something that upsets me, angers me, or depresses me. Why? I have no idea. I can't help it...
Once I get home from work I smoke before I do anything else. If not I would be a cranky asshole due to all the built up crap from the day. I dwell on stupid stuff and worry way, way too much what others think of me. When I'm high I escape all that nonsense. It's like a huge weight is lifted off me immediately upon my first few hits. If not for cannabis I would be miserable and my poor attitude, and bad temper would be unleashed upon those around me. I'm not violent or abusive... don't get me wrong. I have anxiety and that is all related to the above explanation.
I used to smoke for recreation when I was in my late teens / early twenties but then I stopped for a long time.
Once I was prescribed meds from a doctor for my anxiety I quickly realized how these meds changed me. Not for the good... more of a numbing lack in spirit. I didn't like it. I was then given two pre rolled joints from a friend. I kept them in my freezer until one day our son was gone for the night and my wife and I decided to smoke them for recreation. We forgot how great it was lol. I have been a daily smoker now for just over two years. Things that have changed since would be my short term memory... or lack there of lol. I get by but sometimes I loose my train of thought mid conversation. I don't like that but it's a small price to pay in my world.
I developed a bad back, shoulders, etc... from construction work when I was younger so it helps me deal with that now. Also I don't sleep through the night anymore at all. Cannabis helps with this as well.
In a nut shell I smoked recreationally in the beginning but it has developed into a medicinal requirement for my wife and I both. She developed Aurora Migraines over a year ago and some strains really help her with that. She actually has less migraines when she smokes more often.
On the other side of the fence... I grow because I love it. It has become a hobby for me. I used to love Salt Water fish, and coral keeping but that became very expensive. This hobby can be expensive as well but you will get the return if you put in the work. Our cannabis pays for itself at this point and I have a great hobby to keep me occupied. A few posts back someone mentioned how they used to play video games after work but now can't find the time. lol. I am the same way. Video games used to be my disconnect form the real world but now with growing cannabis and smoking it I have all the disconnect I need.
I used to drink beer and rum for recreation. I almost never drink anymore. I actually can't remember the last time I had an alcohol buzz on. I don't miss drinking at all. In the summer I would have a cold beer while cutting the grass maybe but nothing crazy.
Oh and by the way... There are smiles and laughter at our dinner table most evenings. I believe it has created a happier home for my son and that's what's really important IMO.
bang on the money mate. love the growing and now I have found OCULUS QUEST .lol can game in the grow room perfect.lol hoping to get a vr forum somehow in their chat function. or maybe a vr cinema showing cheech and Chong films. a very new and open forum for us gamer growers.

11 years ago, a closed thread asked, why are growers disappearing .. Now I wonder why there are so few new growers.. Myself, I'm not going to disappear until they kick my ass off for being a curmudgeon..
To keep on topic, I grow because I'm good at it, I just don't post them anymore.. It would just be a repetition of how I do it.. And I never got many converts to my method..

Back
Top Bottom