Why?

With the grasshoppers we had this year, my neighbor's chickens were on a high protein diet, and produced a lot of eggs. I'm at 3700' and we cool off almost every night, usually dropping 30-35degress F from the high. The chickens would load up on the cold, slow hoppers in the mornings in the alfalfa.

The reason I started growing was for chronic pancreatitis. I am in the same boat as old salt. The dr's acknowledge the pain they can/won't supply pain meds for anything longer than 15 days. I did not want to buy from the black market and at the time medical was not legal here. Hopefully with the upcoming surgeries pain will someday be gone but who knows.

Now the allure of growing is 2 fold. I was a heavy pot smoker when I was young. Bought the seed catalogs and even tried some small grows that never went any where. I dreamed of one day growing my own. Now it's like a kid in a candy store. I have 9 strains to choose from when I want to smoke. I like the different effects you get from different strains so that drives the seed buying to try new things.

At the end of the day I just love the whole process. I just wished it was legal here. In time I guess.

I find it's best not to ask such questions and just enjoy the meal ;) Around here where there are huge buildings producing literally millions of eggs a week, chicken is cheap.

If you paid attention to where your food came from you may not enjoy it as much. I won't eat commercially produced birds. Very rarely do we buy any beef or pork, if we do it's because we ran out of a cut and then we get it from the same butcher that processes the rest of it. Wild turkey for Thanksgiving, chickens come from the Amish. Most of our meat is venison either deer or elk

If you paid attention to where your food came from you may not enjoy it as much. I won't eat commercially produced birds. Very rarely do we buy any beef or pork, if we do it's because we ran out of a cut and then we get it from the same butcher that processes the rest of it. Wild turkey for Thanksgiving, chickens come from the Amish. Most of our meat is venison either deer or elk
I'm in an area in the midst of hog confinement operations/cattle feedlots and huge egg processors. I can see exactly where my meat comes from and it does not scare me like the city folks.:slide:
By the way, the meat locker in the town west of me just had a little accident. Seems the sewer backed up and flooded the basement of the house next door. It was described as blood and tissue in the news reports. :thedoubletake:

I'm in an area in the midst of hog confinement operations/cattle feedlots and huge egg processors. I can see exactly where my meat comes from and it does not scare me like the city folks.:slide:
By the way, the meat locker in the town west of me just had a little accident. Seems the sewer backed up and flooded the basement of the house next door. It was described as blood and tissue in the news reports. :thedoubletake:

Crap! In the city, or on a floodplain a backflow preventer should be mandatory. Insurance should not have to cover something that a simple $30 part would prevent.

I started in highs chool....high is cool. And quit when my daughter started kindygarten. Didn't want her to have to lie and it was the Apex of the "just say no,," and DARE programs...McGriff the crime dog and all that. Years later I'm divorcing and going through the shittiest time of my life. I overdosed on Lexapro and went into serotonin syndrome. This was unknown to most doctors at the time and most thought I was malingering or insane. My ex wife actually found the info on it and told me what was going on...nurses know more than DRS most times...my daughter who was 26 by then brought me some weed and a one hitter. The dystonias and convulsions stopped. I smoked now and then to stop the tremors and a few years went by. I live in Oklahoma and our state made medical legal. The new wife and I drove to Colorado and bought some kush. It immediately helped my insomnia and in a few days I didn't need my acid reflux meds anymore. My shoulder pain would go away while I slept and I began losing weight, blood pressure went down and I quit taking so many pills. My MD couldn't believe it? I love listening to music when high and it improves my quality of life.

I chose to begin growing after I went to purchase cannabis in the wrong part of town, got the shit beat out of me and robbed. Being a vet I did not take it well, so I ended up going and getting my pistol, found the fuckers that beat me and got my shit back. Only shot them in the knees.
Told my best bud in NM, and he had been growing for years. He started sending me smoke and got me started growing.
Now with the amount of cannabis I smoke, make FECO, and Rosin, I could not afford it if I could not grow.
Once I gave some FECO to a lady with breast cancer and she recovered, I knew I could not stop growing. The only problem is I live in not so friendly state for cannabis, but I don't sell, so if they want to lock me up, hell I would get three squares a day, AC and Heat, and better health care than this 72 yr old dude get right now. And would still be able to get my cannabis in jail.
Oh, and I have been smoking since 1964,

I chose to begin growing after I went to purchase cannabis in the wrong part of town, got the shit beat out of me and robbed. Being a vet I did not take it well, so I ended up going and getting my pistol, found the fuckers that beat me and got my shit back. Only shot them in the knees.
Told my best bud in NM, and he had been growing for years. He started sending me smoke and got me started growing.
Now with the amount of cannabis I smoke, make FECO, and Rosin, I could not afford it if I could not grow.
Once I gave some FECO to a lady with breast cancer and she recovered, I knew I could not stop growing. The only problem is I live in not so friendly state for cannabis, but I don't sell, so if they want to lock me up, hell I would get three squares a day, AC and Heat, and better health care than this 72 yr old dude get right now. And would still be able to get my cannabis in jail.
Oh, and I have been smoking since 1964,

If you ever decide to move to Oklahoma let me know!

I failed to remember all the people that HAVE to grow for meds. There is a major medical part in why I smoke. I truely didn't mean to take anything away from the medical side.

What I was getting at. With all the different smells, flavors, and highs out there. I can't quit growing the next strain just to see what happens. Yes stronger weed is part of it. How it is going to smell, grow, and bud has just as much appeal. I have seen a ton of stuff so far from all the different strains I have grown. Not every one but most strains teach me something. So much has changed since the days when I just grew the same strains over and over again.

Thank God I only only grow breeders I know. If I had to consider everything out there it would be way to much LMAO.

I got into it because my wife has complex PTSD and the cost of supplying meds at the dispensary was outrageous. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder just not as bad as the wife, so the meds keep me uplifted and happy as well. Now that it is legal to grow in my state, there's nothing else left to think about. I picked up a perpetual setup and I'm ready to grow grow grow!!!

I had a long talk with my self one day and I decided you know what? I am sick and tired of this Co2 just freely floating around my house. I pay the bills here and it just lives around here rent free. So one day I just had enough of it. I said out load if you dont start bringing in money or helping out around here I am going to start growing something to eat you. So I been growing sense
:passitleft:

I failed to remember all the people that HAVE to grow for meds. There is a major medical part in why I smoke. I truely didn't mean to take anything away from the medical side.

What I was getting at. With all the different smells, flavors, and highs out there. I can't quit growing the next strain just to see what happens. Yes stronger weed is part of it. How it is going to smell, grow, and bud has just as much appeal. I have seen a ton of stuff so far from all the different strains I have grown. Not every one but most strains teach me something. So much has changed since the days when I just grew the same strains over and over again.

Thank God I only only grow breeders I know. If I had to consider everything out there it would be way to much LMAO.

Don't worry about it. I've encountered recreational smokers since junior high. It has never bothered me. As far as Health Canada is concerned cannabis has no medicinal use. That's what they flat our told me when I was applying for my grow licence. Since that's their stance, I must be a recreational user myself. :rofl:

Crap! In the city, or on a floodplain a backflow preventer should be mandatory. Insurance should not have to cover something that a simple $30 part would prevent.

I'm assuming I saw the same article, not too many with basements flooded by a butcher.

I don't think it's on a sewer, the mainline to the septic blew out saturating the ground area with everything from the floor drain. It's gotta find a place to go and a basement is just a whole in the ground. If they got all that blood in there wouldn't the basement routinely flood anyways? Not a plumber, I just know shit rolls downhill and paydays on Friday, don't bite your nails. Haha

What a nightmare, the butcher basically told them too bad, fix it yourself. Hopefully he gets shut down over it, treating your neighbor like that is uncalled for.

Don't worry about it. I've encountered recreational smokers since junior high. It has never bothered me. As far as Health Canada is concerned cannabis has no medicinal use. That's what they flat our told me when I was applying for my grow licence. Since that's their stance, I must be a recreational user myself. :rofl:
it has a couple of approved uses, like epilepsy and chemo eating... there was another one but I dont remember.
but yes, most of it they say is bull shit.
I swear to God though, it helps my sciatica pain

source- my family is full of doctors so i hear about it on holidays

it has a couple of approved uses, like epilepsy and chemo eating... there was another one but I dont remember.
but yes, most of it they say is bull shit.
I swear to God though, it helps my sciatica pain

source- my family is full of doctors so i hear about it on holidays

It really helps keep my lower back pain and sciatica under control when they flare-up. A low dose daily seems to help minimize flare-ups. I've only had one since starting.

Back
Top Bottom