Widowsnest Soil Dark Angel Dwarf Low Flyer - Black Dog Phytomax 2 200 Mars Eco 49

Widowsnest

Photo of the Month: April 2018
My first (online) Journal

More about me: Hello & Thanks

So here we go. I know what some of you might be thinking. It’s not a Black Dog vs Mars Eco thing or a comparison. Just maximizing the space of my veg tent by adding some autoflowers and needed a lower power LED light. The Black Dog is just for the big girls. Couldn’t really find any legit grows on the newish Mars light so decided to piggy back it on the journal to provide you with some insight.

What strain is it: Crop King Dark Angel x3
Dwarf Low Ryder Autoflower x2
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid:
DA 50/50
DLF 70/20/10
Is it in Veg or Flower stage:
I’m starting this journal a bit late. Day 25 from seed going into water. DA’s still vegging, DLF has been in flower for 2 weeks.

Growing indoors in soil
Promix organic mixed 5:2 with perlite.
DA’s and DLF’s both start in 2 inch seedling squares. DLF’s transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots after 8 days.
DA’s transplanted into 3.5 squares after 8 days. Topped 8 days later then transplanted to 5.5 squares 4 days ago. Would’ve gone to 5 gallon instead but was lacking the lighting for both strains to thrive, which hopefully I have now.
Up until today both DarkAngels and Dwarf Low Flyers have been a few inches under a 4 x 2ft t5 LED full spectrum light. I also added an additional red spectrum 2ft t5ho for the Dwarfs. Today the Mars ECO 49 was added for the 2 autoflowers.
Tomorrow the 3 DarkAngels go into their flower room under the Black Dog LED Phytomax 2 200.
The propagation tent is a Secret Jardin DP 90 3x2x3. The Flower tent is a Gorilla Grow Tent 2x2.5x6. The whole room is ventilated buy a carbon filter and 4 inch inline fan with variable speed switch set to low. Half the air is pumped back into the DP90 for airflow with an oscillating fan. My grow room is in an insulated cold storage. I’ve built the room up to be as efficient as possible so the less heat I pump outside the better. I would love to eventually start running CO2 as I feel the cost would be offset by the heat I’m currently pumping outside just to keep the air fresh for my girls. The gorilla tent is vented into the room with plenty of air circulation inside.

Temps in the DP90 are 28C day 23C night(rh %55). The girls in the flower tent run at 26C during the day and 23C at night(rh %40).

Using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Sensi Grow, Sensi Bloom, Voodoo, B52, Big Bud, and Overdrive with Sensi CalMag and Revive on hand just in case. Using RO water that is PH 6.2.

No problems with pests in this room yet. I think the ambient 8C temperature in the cold storage leading up to the room deters a lot of of potential problems. Not to say I don’t take precautions and make sure the perimeter is locked down.
Only issue I’ve encounter was about a week ago with my DA’s that turned out to be a CalMag deficiency which has since turned around.

Brown spots - Can’t narrow down problem

I’m watering both plant right now every 3 days with half the recommended strength nutrients. Currently using Sensi Grow and B52 on the DA’s with some LST. And Sensi Bloom with B52 and Big Bud on the autoflowers.

I think that about covers it. Please let me know if I missed anything and any advice or constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for checking my journal out and I hope you enjoy what comes. I’ll give some more details and a run down on the Mar Eco 49 tomorrow. Here’s a peek at my Crop King White Widow under the Black Dog getting chopped tomorrow.

Nice set up. How long has the white widow been in flower? I am growing some and I just finished week 6 of flower

Hey Diggler420,
Thanks. They’ll be at 8 weeks today. Exact same time in flower as my previous widows. Never thought I’d hit a breeders recommended flower time but here they are. I think the Black Dog LED really helps them mature. They flourish under this light.

So got the Mars Eco 49 Setup last night. Looks more dominant in the red spectrum, not sure how good it’d be for vegging.
Here’s the specs:

Watts: 100w+-5%

Coverage: 1.7ftx1.7ft

Spectrum: 400-410nm, 440-450nm, 450-460nm, 630-635nm, 650-660nm, 730-740nm and 2700K-3000K

Epistar LEDs

Weight: 2.4kg

Dimensions: 296.3*262.3*79MM

I’ll let you know a bit later today how the Dwarf Low Flyers are responding to the light. They looked happy late last night.

Looking great....!!!!:thumb:

Subbed for the ride. Nice setup you have. Im thinking about running their WW soon. I got some Cropking strains going right now also. I'm running the Super Silver Haze, Green Crack, and Crown Royale. I will be flipping to flower on or near the 15th. Stop by and check them out sometime if you like. Best of luck to you.✌️

Subbed for the ride. Nice setup you have. Im thinking about running their WW soon. I got some Cropking strains going right now also. I'm running the Super Silver Haze, Green Crack, and Crown Royale. I will be flipping to flower on or near the 15th. Stop by and check them out sometime if you like. Best of luck to you.✌️

Thanks for tuning in EastCoastGhost. I did a run of Crop King Crown Royale last year, it was very tasty. This is my third Crop King White Widow grow and they’ve all gone very smoothly and stress free as can be for a beginner. Going to try Royal Queen Seeds next to see how their genetics compare.

So finally get to relax at the end of the day. I love my grow room but it lacks sufficient space for proper trimming. 5 hours bent over on a stool and my back is killing me. Good thing I plucked a sample a few days back for this very night.
Didn’t have time for pics today but promise I will tomorrow.
The Dwarf Low Flyers are enjoying the new mars light. Nothing crazy but just a little perked up. The larger one is showing very slight nutrient burn on a couple leaves so they’ll both get straight water next time.
The Dark Angels will go under the Black Dog in the Gorilla tent tomorrow. Really hate to waste a day with it not in use but to be honest, I’m just tired. Have a good night!

Here you go as promised. Day 32 for both plants.

The Dwarfs are looking good with the exception of slight nutrient burn that I mentioned yesterday (please correct me if I’m wrong). Also noticed it on the second plant today. I raised the T5 lights to give some extra love to the Dwarfs as the Dark Angels are moving out.

Dark Angels are now the Gorilla Tent under the BlackDog Phytomax2. Lights are at 3.5 feet while the plants adjust to their new sun god. Would like to wait a few more days but will probably need to transplant into 5 gallon fabric tomorrow. They’re going to take off quick so I need to be ready.

That’s it for today all, just giving the Dwarfs straight water tonight. See you all tomorrow!

Hello!
Today is day 34
Transplanted the Dark Angels into their 5 gallon fabric pots yesterday and they look happy already. Used half strength Sensi Grow, B52, and full strength Voodoo to get their roots going.

The Dwarfs are enjoying the Mars Eco light. I wasn’t all that impressed with the plants so far until the last few days. They’ve exploded! It also helps that since the Dark Angels have moved out I’ve stood up my t5’s to give the girls an extra boost.

The nutrient burn isn’t a problem anymore. Only 3 tips burnt total between the two plants. This girl has side branches coming out that we’re only a couple inches days ago.

That’s it for now and thanks for checking in. See you all soon!

Got the Crop King Seeds White Widow all dried and ready to cure. This is my second grow under the Black Dog LED. My first one, also White Widow, yielded 150g with 1oz of trim. This grow ended up at 185g with 1oz of trim!

Both grows were 4 plants in 3 gallon pots. First grow was my first SCROG ever. The plants ended up very uniform and received good light distribution. I used General Organics line throughout this grow.

I started having issues with my nutrients about halfway through my second grow. I believe the nutrients were breaking down as they were left over from my first grow. This is when I switched to Advanced Nutrients, and lost control of my SCROG. The plants were growing so fast I couldn’t tuck them fast enough even with giving them care every day.

I also did a heavy defoliation on day 21 and removed 3/4 of the fan leaves. I guess it all worked out in the end. I’ll get some nicer bud pics up soon for you guys to check out. Thanks, see ya later!

So I watered my DLF’s last night with 1/4 strength nutrients. It was only afterwords that I noticed the claw leaves. Most likely due to a nitrogen excess if I’m not mistaken.

I’ll give them straight water tonight to flush them a bit.
Would it be beneficial to add Big Bud, and B-52 as they low on nitrogen and phosphorous but high in potassium? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome Back!
Yesterday I took the trim from my Widow grow and made some crockpot Cannabutter.
I made some delicious chocolate chip with walnut cookies. So soft and buttery. I ended up with 35 cookies. I won’t know until tomorrow how potent they are so I can be relatively not high to try them.

Welcome Back!
Yesterday I took the trim from my Widow grow and made some crockpot Cannabutter.
I made some delicious chocolate chip with walnut cookies. So soft and buttery. I ended up with 35 cookies. I won’t know until tomorrow how potent they are so I can be relatively not high to try them.
Recipe thread will like those recipes......just sayin...... :thumb:

Those cookies look too good. I would never be able to do anything with a platter of those around.

Day 37
I decided not to flush the Dwarfs last night as they were still moist and showing slight recovery. I did water them today with only Big Bud so they avoid any more nitrogen uptake.

I topped the Dark Angels for a second time. Just the four main branches.
I’ve found what I believe to be more Calmag deficiency. I had already added some Sensi Cal mag Extra to last nights feed as I knew this strain needed it.

I also upgraded my heat controller from a Grozone to an Inkbird. The Grozone advertised a variance of 2C but I was experiencing up to 4C on either side of the setting. Plus it’s hard to set your exact temp on an analog control.
The Inkbird was less than half the price, is digital, and has way more features than I need at the moment. It also has a variance of 1F. Every time I’ve gone in the room it’s been within 0.2F of my sent temp. I’m very impressed.
That’s it for today everyone. Be back in a couple days!

Recipe thread will like those recipes......just sayin...... :thumb:

Those cookies look too good. I would never be able to do anything with a platter of those around.
Saw your thread today. Will head over there tomorrow and spread the joy.

Back
Top Bottom