Widowsnest Soil Dark Angel Dwarf Low Flyer - Black Dog Phytomax 2 200 Mars Eco 49

Thanks @Kingjoe83,
It’s just on the top fan leaves for now but there aren’t really any fan leaves left bellow after the defoliation to show anything. I did a heavy defoliation last week and there was nothing like this anywhere.
I’ll grab some better shots tonight and dig a bit deeper.
Just remember that if it is going to show issues they usually show lower if you removed them all you will be affecting the tops right away last few weeks it will use up most of the nutrients in fans .

I like to defoil bit not crazy . Think of it like this your plant those fans are what makes everything happen. Stores nutes , supplies sugars , powers plant essentially .

You said only few days til chop?

So I’m still having a problem with the Dark Angels. It’s just on a few colas. I only left the top 4 fan leaves on each cola after the defoliation so the issues are only present on the top leaves. No problems with the sugar leaves down below.
PH is 6.2
Using 1/2 strength SensiBloom A and B, B-52, Big Bud, and CalMag every second water.

Any help would be appreciated, I’m guessing it’s ph related but need some experienced advice, thanks!
Only a few weeks after flip correct or day 27 since flip?

Could be issues at flip we switch are grow to bloom coudl have been that normal sometimes ... cal mag hmm ...

Every other and how much you giving ?

Mostly potassium cal mag needed in flowerIng look at your nutrients see what you can cut out or increas based on those three ?

Also what is ph in 6.2 you said ? Soil right ?

Only a few weeks after flip correct or day 27 since flip?

Could be issues at flip we switch are grow to bloom coudl have been that normal sometimes ... cal mag hmm ...

Every other and how much you giving ?

Mostly potassium cal mag needed in flowerIng look at your nutrients see what you can cut out or increas based on those three ?

Also what is ph in 6.2 you said ? Soil right ?

They’re now on day 31 after switch. Another 5 weeks left until they’re done more or less.
I switched to bloom nutrients a week after the flip.
1/2 Strength sensi cal mag every other watering - 1ml per litre.
Yes, soil ph is 6.2
I’ll see what I can mix up. Do you think I should increase the strength of my regular feedings to 3/4 or full?

They’re now on day 31 after switch. Another 5 weeks left until they’re done more or less.
I switched to bloom nutrients a week after the flip.
1/2 Strength sensi cal mag every other watering - 1ml per litre.
Yes, soil ph is 6.2
I’ll see what I can mix up. Do you think I should increase the strength of my regular feedings to 3/4 or full?
I would up your potassium and up cal mag to two mil see what happens ?

I would up your potassium and up cal mag to two mil see what happens ?
After looking at my nutes I ended up giving them almost full strength across the board. They were still too damp yesterday to do angthing about, but were dry enough today to help. I gave them double the water they usually get and siphoned out the runoff. Here’s hoping for the best. You’ve been very helpful @Kingjoe83, I appreciate it.

After looking at my nutes I ended up giving them almost full strength across the board. They were still too damp yesterday to do angthing about, but were dry enough today to help. I gave them double the water they usually get and siphoned out the runoff. Here’s hoping for the best. You’ve been very helpful @Kingjoe83, I appreciate it.
I mean it ask anything if I can’t find it I’ll get it for you ✊
We are stronger when we come together and help each other I can’t preach it enough sorry :Namaste:

Thanks @Kingjoe83 the Dark Angels seem to be happier. They’re definitely not getting worse but going full strength burnt the leaf tips a bit. I’ll dial back the nutes next water but keep the Calmag at full, these plants were hungry for it even in veg.

The First set of Dwarfs are both down as you know. I’m not even going to count the smaller one that had nitrogen toxicity, it was garbage. The other girl however ended up producing exactly an ounce. She was one of the strongest tasting buds I’ve had in a while. Very earthy and a very heavy couch lock. Couldn’t be happier with my first set of Autos.

The second set are coming along very well and are sitting at day 41 now. They’re getting 1/4 strength Sensi Bloom A and B, B52, and Big Bud every second water. I’m glad I topped one of these girls and lst’d the other as they are much larger than the first two I did.
That’s it for now, check out my second journal!
Widownest’s Soil Royal Gorilla Fem, Amnesia Haze Auto & Dinamed CBD Auto - 2018

Here are the Dwarf Low Flyers on day 48.
There are two very different phenotypes. One has skinny long leaves and whispy buds like a Sativa.
The other one is short and fat like an indica.
They are still getting 1/4 strength Sensi Bloom A and B, B-52, and Big Bud. Nothing else really to note on these guys, they’ve been pretty easy to take care of.
I completely forgot to take pics of the Dark Angels so they’ll be back with an update tonight.

Here’s the pics of the Dark Angels on Day 88, day 42 of flower. I think the heavy defoliation has held back the potential of this plant. That and the nutrient issue. They’ve recovered since you last saw them 2 weeks ago.
The buds aren’t really filling in although they are all rock hard. They still have time though, I figure another 3-4 weeks so a lot can happen.
Fingers crossed :cool:

I would like to know your opinion on topping the DLF...... just to get some insight as how you felt the plant handled it...

Since I've been MIA for a while..... ;)

Here’s the pics of the Dark Angels on Day 88, day 42 of flower. I think the heavy defoliation has held back the potential of this plant. That and the nutrient issue. They’ve recovered since you last saw them 2 weeks ago.
The buds aren’t really filling in although they are all rock hard. They still have time though, I figure another 3-4 weeks so a lot can happen.
Fingers crossed :cool:
Could just be late flowering ?

I’m trying to learn this now between fast finishing strains and not ?

I would like to know your opinion on topping the DLF...... just to get some insight as how you felt the plant handled it...

Since I've been MIA for a while..... ;)
Luckily the one I topped was the more indica dominant plant. I like them fat and bushy. The other plant was just lst’d for comparison. It already looks like the topped plant has produced more than my previous single cola ‘monster’ and she still has 3 weeks to go.
It definitely would depend where the dwarf is at when they hit weeks 2-3 if I was going to decide to top or not. I wouldn’t have topped the plants from my first run because they had such a slow start and were still tiny when they started to flower.
Overall if the dwarf is growing vigorously and is healthy I feel like topping the plant can only benefit it but you got to get them early.

Luckily the one I topped was the more indica dominant plant. I like them fat and bushy. The other plant was just lst’d for comparison. It already looks like the topped plant has produced more than my previous single cola ‘monster’ and she still has 3 weeks to go.
It definitely would depend where the dwarf is at when they hit weeks 2-3 if I was going to decide to top or not. I wouldn’t have topped the plants from my first run because they had such a slow start and were still tiny when they started to flower.
Overall if the dwarf is growing vigorously and is healthy I feel like topping the plant can only benefit it but you got to get them early.

That was my thoughts, but since my grow was terminated....... I didn't have a final result...

I'll try again at some point....not sure if I'll go with a DLF on the next try.....

Thanks for your opinion.....

Could just be late flowering ?

I’m trying to learn this now between fast finishing strains and not ?
The suggested 8 week window seems pretty far off. Both the DA’s and my previous white widow started showing flowers at 10 days from switch to 12/12 (white widows were exactly 8 weeks). I had one Angel outdoors last year, I managed to keep her going until mid November when it got too wet and cold. the plant never fully matured as the trichomes were still clear and cloudy. Compare this to my white widow from the previous year that finished by mid October (both had 8 week windows).

That was my thoughts, but since my grow was terminated....... I didn't have a final result...

I'll try again at some point....not sure if I'll go with a DLF on the next try.....

Thanks for your opinion.....

I really enjoyed growing these Dwarfs. They were a good autoflower to learn from but I probably wouldn’t grow them again. Better to spend the time growing something bigger, if you have the space. I would rather wait a couple more weeks for something with a higher yield and more oomph. That being said the Dwarfs did have a very good smoke. A heavy, earthy flavour that didn’t induce complete couch lock. You more sit on the edge of the couch and try to figure out what you’re going to do for the next 30 minutes, and then end up sitting there doing absolutely nothing lol.

Dark Angels Day 95 Flower 49. The girls are still stalling a bit. I’m starting to hit them hard (full strengt) with Advanced Nutrients Overdrive to see if they’ll bulk up. I don’t think they will too much more, but I can hope. it’s just time to wait for them to mature. One more week at most and they get the flush.
Although yield might not be what was expected I’m more than happy with the quality of the buds. They are very compact and resinous, covered in crystals. It has such a sweet smell.

Back
Top Bottom