Wife demands sample - should I give in?

CrankyMaddog

I mentioned to my wife that I read on here that you can take a sample before you harvest and see what kind of high it currently has. Now she wants me to go out and get a sample. So I have some questions...1. Should I do it? 2. If I do...it does gives me a chance to try out my drying area, should I let it air dry for a day or so.......or just quick dry it? I plan on using my vaporizer for this test sample, will that make a difference? Also where should I take it from? Thanks for your help.....

a lot of people might just tell you to wait. i myself wouldnt be able to. i've heard of people taking samples from the fluffy nugs on the lower branches that aren't getting as much light. if you're going to dry it for a day, you might as well wait a few more. if you wanna quick fix, you can either fast dry it in a microwave or an oven.

here's a couple links from other guys in this forum that have cure bud with both methods. scroll down the page and find the post. they're in there somewheres.

microwave

hmm, cant seem to find the oven link. i think you do it at a low temp for 30 min. i wanna say 300. its in the forums though, poke around or google it :D i bet there's even vids on youtube.

good luck and let me know how it works out!

If you're getting close to harvest date, samples are another tool to tell you how "done" they are...

It's up to you, the plant won't mind. The only loss/risk is the lost yield from that bud. So, take a sub-prime bud for a sampler. Doesn't have to be fluffy or poor, just don't pull a fat cola - let those fill out to their potential.

As I get near my harvest window, I sample a little. I want to know if the high is racy still, for example, or is it what id like it to be? Helps me better zero in on a proper harvest date.

You can quick dry (my favorite quick dry method is on a little tray in the oven on lowest setting with the oven door open). Or, let it hang dry for a few days to dry more slowly. If you quick dry, don't let it get too hot so that it prematurely vaporizes the THC. I don't like microwaves for quick drying, personally, though many people do that.

Quick dried bud, regardless of method tastes poor at best. Hang dried for a couple of days or so will taste surprisingly good!

It's really up to you. Hope that helps!

Oh, and vape is fine as long as its dry enough. I think testing your dry method might be a good idea, too, if you can properly test it with a sample bud or two.

I say hell no.

If she wants bud that bad go to the store and buy a 1/8th

Haha, That's not a bad suggestion either, 'specially if she's demanding!! ;)

I would. Just to get a feel for potency and quality at this stage. Kind of like tasting your food while you are cooking it to see how it's doing. But, I wouldn't bother with drying it for days. I'd quick dry it. I could be wrong. But if you are going to vape it, I think you can vape green bud.

hmm, cant seem to find the oven link. i think you do it at a low temp for 30 min. i wanna say 300. its in the forums though, poke around or google it :D i bet there's even vids on youtube.

good luck and let me know how it works out!

300's too high. That's getting way too close to vaping temps. I personally wouldn't go any higher than 150 .... but that's just me. I think my stove will go as low as 100 (I think). Just bake it on a cookie sheet till it's dry enough to smoke. Keep in mind that some stoves thermostats aren't as accurate as others. That's another reason to keep the temp lower. 100 will dry it just fine.

300's too high. That's getting way too close to vaping temps. I personally wouldn't go any higher than 150 .... but that's just me. I think my stove will go as low as 100 (I think). Just bake it on a cookie sheet till it's dry enough to smoke. Keep in mind that some stoves thermostats aren't as accurate as others. That's another reason to keep the temp lower. 100 will dry it just fine.

Agreed, good catch Mutt! My oven only goes as low as 170, but I keep the door open, too. Check it frequently and keep an eye on it and you might get it dried in 15-30 minutes or so. It helps to break it up a little into smaller pieces (goes quicker). But yes, 300f is definitely too high and will "kill" them quick. :)

If it was my wife ........... well, I'd have to trade her some quick dried buds for some sexual favors .... LOL. But, that's just me.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't use weed at all.

Well, I went out and took one of the lowest of the branch there was. Just a little thing...lol...and have it hanging in my drying space. I told her we should wait and see how it drys and not rush it, so she said lets wait until this weekend. So it works out well, I get test and see how drying should go and she gets a little taste.

if you give her a little she'll return the favor when you want a little. it's good to quick dry test buds when near harvest it is what it's like at the time not what it like last week

Let us know how you and your wife like the sample.

Back
Top Bottom