Wild marijuana monsters in my closet

Caitalion

Please help a girl out, I might have the most tortured plants in existence but they have managed to grow surprisingly well so far. One is even flowering now after turning it to the 12/12 schedule but now I have been learning so much from the forums I am amazed they have survived at all,
3 plants grown from mystery seeds
2 indoors, 1 outdoor but just got its ass kicked by crazy Irish winds:(
Soil is just garden soil
Never fertilised, oops
Now they are bathing in a 600w grow light our friend lent us, before that it was just sunlight on the windowsill but they were starting to get BIG so had to hide them. Now they live in our closet, I'm worried about CO2 for them, is it really necessary? One is clearly a girl with nice buds that were starting to grow but since shes been in the closet full time away from the window seems like shes stopped growing completely. I've been reading about bloom nutrients, probably they are starving for those but honestly I'm afraid to change anything because they've grown so damn well without anything at all, well if anyone has any advice for the final stage and getting to the finish line it would be much appreciated,
Cheers!!

Yes good point, heres the gal budding now, I gave her a bit of a trim this morning to give the buds some more light, took the picture with an iphone and cant figure out how to rotate it :/
She has some strange red lines going up the trunk but all leaves look healthy, the other plant was chilling in the garden and was brought into flower last week and it is really green with no lines and seems to be a different species? Or just responding to the torture different, haha
image2239.jpg

Hi Caitalion,

I second Ottothief in welcoming you to the 420 community!

Your plant is beautiful and a testament to how hardy cannabis truly is (and perhaps how good your Irish garden soil is!:morenutes: ). As a "new to indoor" grower I often remind myself to just stay out of the plants dang way when I'm tempted to tinker with it (love on it) too much.

Since this has been a fairly low cost grow for you so far, I'm going to assume in any answers that you wish to continue in that manner.

CO2 is both necessary and beneficial but may be adequately provided by a simple air exchange. Perhaps leaving the door to the closet open for several hours at time with a fan pushing in fresh air being mindful of the light cycle. If circumstance does not allow for opening the door (you did mention stealth as a concern) then a simple CO2 generator can constructed using a sealable container (think bucket or bottle), sugar and yeast. You will find a ton of tutorials within these forums or YouTube. I find the search feature within the "Forums" tab to be indispensable.

I do hope others with more experience will chime in, but it is my understanding and experience that some strains will have markings on the stems or colored stems and some do not. I think you're right to judge more by the appearance of the foliage at this point since we haven't a clue as to the strain growing.

For nutrients, I think it would be a good idea to begin sourcing something with which you're comfortable using. If you have any house plant or garden fertilizer you might review its formulation to determine appropriateness. I prefer to utilize only organic nutrients so I have sourced some simple amendments from local garden supply stores. As your plants are entering the flowering phase they will begin to require a slightly higher amount of phosphorus. Chemical analysis is expressed as three numbers (x-x-x). Nitrogen is the first x, Phosphorus (or Phosphate) the second, and Calcium (Ca) the third. Most general fertilizers (organic or not) are likely to have a higher nitrogen content (say 9-6-5 ratio). You're going to want to look for something where the Phosphorus is a little higher than the nitrogen. Say (5-9-4) or something like that. I beleive you will find some tomato bloom fertilizers to be formulated in this manner.

It appears your girls have been receiving plenty of nitrogen from the soil, but at some point that is likely to be depleted so I wouldn't look for anything that is completely devoid of nitrogen. If you decide to begin introducing nutrients to your girls, I suggest for your consideration that you do so in a quantity greatly reduced from the suggested dosage. Say ¼ strength to start and monitor from there keeping in mind that plants in soil usually take a few days to a week to respond.

Congratulations again on your beautiful girl(s?) and happy growing! :green_heart:

Hi Caitalion,

I second Ottothief in welcoming you to the 420 community!

Your plant is beautiful and a testament to how hardy cannabis truly is (and perhaps how good your Irish garden soil is!:morenutes: ). As a “new to indoor” grower I often remind myself to just stay out of the plants dang way when I’m tempted to tinker with it (love on it) too much.

Since this has been a fairly low cost grow for you so far, I’m going to assume in any answers that you wish to continue in that manner.

CO2 is both necessary and beneficial but may be adequately provided by a simple air exchange. Perhaps leaving the door to the closet open for several hours at time with a fan pushing in fresh air being mindful of the light cycle. If circumstance does not allow for opening the door (you did mention stealth as a concern) then a simple CO2 generator can constructed using a sealable container (think bucket or bottle), sugar and yeast. You will find a ton of tutorials within these forums or YouTube. I find the search feature within the “Forums” tab to be indispensable.

I do hope others with more experience will chime in, but it is my understanding and experience that some strains will have markings on the stems or colored stems and some do not. I think you’re right to judge more by the appearance of the foliage at this point since we haven’t a clue as to the strain growing.

For nutrients, I think it would be a good idea to begin sourcing something with which you’re comfortable using. If you have any house plant or garden fertilizer you might review its formulation to determine appropriateness. I prefer to utilize only organic nutrients so I have sourced some simple amendments from local garden supply stores. As your plants are entering the flowering phase they will begin to require a slightly higher amount of phosphorus. Chemical analysis is expressed as three numbers (x-x-x). Nitrogen is the first x, Phosphorus (or Phosphate) the second, and Calcium (Ca) the third. Most general fertilizers (organic or not) are likely to have a higher nitrogen content (say 9-6-5 ratio). You’re going to want to look for something where the Phosphorus is a little higher than the nitrogen. Say (5-9-4) or something like that. I beleive you will find some tomato bloom fertilizers to be formulated in this manner.

It appears your girls have been receiving plenty of nitrogen from the soil, but at some point that is likely to be depleted so I wouldn’t look for anything that is completely devoid of nitrogen. If you decide to begin introducing nutrients to your girls, I suggest for your consideration that you do so in a quantity greatly reduced from the suggested dosage. Say ¼ strength to start and monitor from there keeping in mind that plants in soil usually take a few days to a week to respond.

Congratulations again on your beautiful girl(s?) and happy growing! :green_heart:

Ditto :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks to everyone! TanR thats a great bit of info, much appreciated!! I have a garden outside as well and yes the veggies love the nutrients in the soil. I also have a homemade seaweed fertilizer that is ready now and I can start feeding it to my girls until I get something stronger. Lots of farmers here are using seaweed, for their potatoes though ;) its supposed to be full of amazing goodness.
I've been looking alot at other people's grow journals, I think my first girl might be another month or so away from harvest? We will see, I will definitely start to get some airflow going in the closet from now on:)
Now just need to rescue the poor plant thats been growing outdoors, wind just knocked it right over, now its growing on its side, still going strong! They are such hardy plants after all that they've been through, so awesome!

Happy to help Caitalion. I suspect your girls will love the Kelp.

As to your girl outside - Do a quick search of the Forums for the topic "Super cropping" if your not familiar with the practice of bent stems and branches. The wind may have super cropped your outside girl for you and seeing the technique and positive results may reduce any anxiety about what to do or not do in rescueing her. They are truly amazing plants!

Im not expert but heres my opinion:
I think the girl(s) look great. Dont love hem to death. I almost did. I wouldnt do too much of anything because they appear healthy. Maybe start adding a little molasses(unsulfured) to the water, but I wouldnt go trying this and that from whats laying around. Some of the junk out there labeled as all purpose could really hurt them pretty ladies.
Molasses will feed the soil and also has carbs for her. This means she doesnt need to use energy to produce as much food and will focus more on getting fat. :) :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom