Will a 260W quantum board be enough wattage for my 4x4?

Thickroots777

420 Member
hi guys, i am in the process of upgrading my viparspectra blurple to a quantum board, so excited to have a qb in my grow tent but i wanted to make sure that this would be enough wattage for my 4x4 grow tent, i am planning to buy the dimmable 260w respec from niemi led

thank you!

Is it necessary...absolutely not. It would be beneficial in my mind though. Moving a foot left of center and then a foot right of center would give everything partial full light, eliminating shady spots. Compared to center of tent getting optimal with sides receiving secondary. I believe a light mover would pay for itself the first crop.
I just took a bunch of hlg 288s down, one thing I noticed when using them is they dont have much of a footprint.

LM301B diodes will give you good PPFD when running at 30w/sq ft. You really need a 480w system for that much area.

We are familiar to the 260w kit you mention. You would need 2 to fit a 4 x 4. That way you get the wattage and par values needed for that footprint.

We sell a similar design and I know our boards can go up to 175 watts. However, we bring it down to preserve the life of the kit.

In a 4x4 you would need a minimum of two of those.
Whatever it is that can put out at least 800 PPFD as evenly as possible

This for sure.

Good on ya OP for getting the R-spec for sure, but you really need 2 of those for a good return though.

Back
Top Bottom