Will A 9 Hours Light Schedule Cause Problems?

gato

What can I expect putting a flowering clone onto a 9 hour light schedule?

The clone was taken in first flowers from the mother plant and tied down flat and planned to veg it larger. I suppose it would be about a foot tall de-LST. Just want to get mature buds as fast as possible...currently I have no smoke at all. Will it likely mess it up?

Yield isn't much of a factor, just want some mature buds as soon as I can. I started doing a 9 hour light 5 days ago.

I don't think less light time would speed up the process IMHO, but maybe something I don't know about, as it could also slow it down as it needs light to do it's plant photosynthesis thing.

I would give them as much light as possible while giving them the 12 continuous hours of Darkness for flower.
In veg I run a 6 on 2 off light schedule continuously so they get 18 hours of light with two hour breaks to grow.

With only 9 hours of light in flower they will seem to get bigger since they will stretch up to the light but once the buds set the 3 hours of missing light will give fluffy underdeveloped buds.
But you never know there could be strain that would benefit from that schedule.
If anything I would go 5.5 hours on with an hour of lights off then 5.5 hours on then 12 hours of lights off, that might spur them on a bit, but you will never know if you don't do a control group.

I'm sure others would know better than me. I was thinking how a plant goes through the reduced light to maturity. Saw a post where a grower went 12/12 for a period and then reduced /11/13 and so on to 10 light. That being the natural cycle for maturing the flowers. So not so sure it wouldn't mature earlier...reduced yield no doubt, but actually maturing the buds sooner...maybe?

Guess I'll see in about a month...which was the guess I made or hoping for (in ignorance of course). If it actually did cause it mature earlier?

Thanks for the response. Maybe someone has done it will see the post.

I would give them as much light as possible while giving them the 12 continuous hours of Darkness for flower.
In veg I run a 6 on 2 off light schedule continuously so they get 18 hours of light with two hour breaks to grow.

With only 9 hours of light in flower they will seem to get bigger since they will stretch up to the light but once the buds set the 3 hours of missing light will give fluffy underdeveloped buds.
But you never know there could be strain that would benefit from that schedule.
If anything I would go 5.5 hours on with an hour of lights off then 5.5 hours on then 12 hours of lights off, that might spur them on a bit, but you will never know if you don't do a control group.

You seem to describe the gas lantern technique?

Someone answer another post I made about keeping a mother plant in first flower and taking clones. I was trying to figure out how to speed up from clone to mature flowered plants for a very small grow bin. They said it would using the gas lantern technique and it would speed it up a couple of weeks. I wasn't caring about the plant sizes...as the intent was to have a large number of small flowering clones to help make up for the size.

Think I'll try the 9 hours and see. Figured there would be some stretch, but maybe not so much...in that it is already in flowering. The lighter fluffy buds are ok. Thinking the buds would mature and be potent..only smaller, but what do I know?
lol

thanks

Ah i c what your after

Everyone wants big buds so I guess more explanation gets better results I think I posted a pic of a tiny bud plant in a journal of mine the bud produced 16 seeds I just barely got her in there to breed it was an awesome BlackBerry Kush x Snoopsdream x Pennywise cross but that was different kinda bonsai bud than the tiny undergrowth low light clone. I use 45 watts of LED to do a tiny bonsai grow of 4 plants I only had one get away from me so i gave her away lol

Thanks redmud. I have the plant on my balcony sitting on the flooring and between 2 half barrels with 2 tomato plants in each. I also have plyboard across the front, mostly to shield from wind, but it also shields the view. It gets full sun most of the day and indirect light all day. So it gets pretty good light. As said...yield doesn't so much matter...just as soon as I can harvest matured buds to smoke.

That Blackberry Kush cross sounds terrific. Don't think I've seen it anywhere. Maybe you crossed it yourself or it was a gift?...it sure sounds nice. Was very tempted to add Blackberry to the next purchase. Since it has Snoops dream? Is it a Green Crack in it? I started ordering 3 Crack Autos, but the order has not been completed yet, cause those pictures in the contests are soooo freaking tempting and may have to change that, but being poor really sucks!

btw
Bonsai is all I do....lol

another btw...just so you know...any junk plants are most welcome here!

:)

Yeah I crossed that one it was cute as a button the bud was the same size as a penny the Snoopsdream x Pennywise is called Lunar Landing so I'm calling the cross Lunar Berry Kush I collaborated with a breeder called Burnsbest Cannabis to get the Lunar Landing out. I'm going to grow it out soon.

I totally agree with you there is no such thing as a lost cause for plants I keep trying till the stem dies lol Snoopsdream is Master Kush x Blue Dream btw

Thanks for the info...recall seeing Pennywise and know the other 2...have smoked Blue Dream, but not Master Kush.

There are so many freaking strains any more...it's like ping pong balls bouncing around in your head trying to figure out what to order. Sort of a good thing I'm poor!
lol

So I just pulled the plug and planning on ordering the Green Crack Autos. That'll fix'em!

Back
Top Bottom