Will I be ready to harvest in two weeks?

TheStonyRoller

Hey everyone. Due to circumstances outside my control, I need to harvest these in a week in a half, two weeks max. That will put me on the 9 week mark (happens to be the nursery Rec time) but I know each grow is relative. They’re GG#4 soil grown, earth juice big 5 nutrients (details in grow journal ;)) through the loop, my trichomes are 50/50 clear/cloudy but no amber yet. Sooooo what does everyone think?
490498F0-518E-40F0-AF77-69A29BAAE40A.jpeg
99254D68-8082-4812-B16D-13AB7E625780.jpeg
8BF8203C-8C65-4CB2-8943-570B799048A4.jpeg
310B2528-4370-4333-B6E1-7FDD0346E4C5.jpeg
95D25193-2425-42F0-B0C8-B902A6882E4C.jpeg
0C655D50-F2EC-4F09-9B7D-28D07A10B517.jpeg
CCCCA144-66C1-4CA5-8648-DEB9363FA4A4.jpeg

HI StonyRoller... I was always told if trichomes are still clear its too early to harvest something about the thc not being fully develped and low... If you are looking for a more cerebral high and less potent bud then you could go for it cause you said you have some cloudy... but if you want a more potent and sedative high wait till you see more amber trichomes like 75% all over the plant... Can you harvest later?

What are thoughts on a staggered harvest? IE, harvesting the lower branches while allowing the main colas ripen? I have enough oil to get my client through 3 weeks at his current dosage...but I need a week to dry before I make his oil...alternatively, I may harvest the smaller plant and let the other go a few more weeks...thanks for all the input!

If you have a duty to supply medicine to someone, it seems to be that "quality" would be considered a part of that duty. Maybe it's just me (although I sure hope that's not the case), but if someone had that duty towards me and they willingly chose to supply a prematurely harvested - and, therefore, poor quality - product, well... That duty would have gone unfulfilled.

That's why one should really think about their responsibility, ability to plan, ability to pay for product from another source if they screw up their schedule, get hit by rippers, accidentally kill their plants, allow the product to become contaminated with mold or anything else, et cetera.

Supplying others for medicinal purposes requires an entirely different mindset than merely growing some plants in order to deal bud (or for one's own needs).

IMHO, of course.

If you had an obligation to feed a child (yours or anyone else's), went out to your garden, and realized that all your fruits/vegetables/etc. were unripe, would you then go ahead and pick them, and try serving the stuff to the kid? No, you'd head to a grocery store, buy some food, and eat the cost. (And consider that money to be the price of an important lesson, I suppose.)

wait till you see more amber trichomes like 75% all over the plant.

:eek:.

If you have a duty to supply medicine to someone, it seems to be that "quality" would be considered a part of that duty. Maybe it's just me (although I sure hope that's not the case), but if someone had that duty towards me and they willingly chose to supply a prematurely harvested - and, therefore, poor quality - product, well... That duty would have gone unfulfilled.

That's why one should really think about their responsibility, ability to plan, ability to pay for product from another source if they screw up their schedule, get hit by rippers, accidentally kill their plants, allow the product to become contaminated with mold or anything else, et cetera.

Supplying others for medicinal purposes requires an entirely different mindset than merely growing some plants in order to deal bud (or for one's own needs).

IMHO, of course.

If you had an obligation to feed a child (yours or anyone else's), went out to your garden, and realized that all your fruits/vegetables/etc. were unripe, would you then go ahead and pick them, and try serving the stuff to the kid? No, you'd head to a grocery store, buy some food, and eat the cost. (And consider that money to be the price of an important lesson, I suppose.)

:eek:.
This is true, but life is a learning curve. Another part of my consideration is my clients new relationship with Cannabis and his low tolerance (lucky him!) one of the reasons I picked GG4 was is pain management abilities and high the content. My hope is that a stronger strain would allow us to use a smaller dosage...in this situation, I would keep it closer to his current dose to compensate. And, for the record, if my kids were starving I would pick enough food to feed them until the rest is ready. ;)

Agreed if my options are underripe, or none at all in gonna grab some salt and pepper and hope the rest finish before I starve. There's a big difference between not yet ripe and underdeveloped in my mind though. I'm not about to eat green tomatoes. Harvesting undeveloped produce is a no win situation, you already put the time and money in might as well get what you've been waiting for.

Fwiw patients tolerance levels or usage/needs seldom drop usually only increases. Lol

If it were me I'd wait as long as possible and harvest only enough of the ripest buds to get to the end of the cycle.

That’s my plan! It’s fun to try and manage several timelines at once...one of the main uses for my patient is trigeminal neuralgia (truly horrible) and we had plenty to get us through until harvest...then he had a flare up which required double his normal dosage until we can get him in for his Botox therapy...learning as we go on more than one level! Shouldn’t be a problem after this harvest though :thumb: I’m determined to stockpile enough to survive a botched grow for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom