Will I pass? What happens if the result is dilute?

LazyLoo

[sorry if this is the wrong place for this]

Hi,

I just took a pre-employment drug test a couple days ago. I haven't smoked in 21 days. I was at a party, had a little too much to drink, and took like 3 hits out of a bowl. I do NOT smoke regularly. The last time I smoked before that was several months. I'm 5'4", about 115 lbs, and I'd say my metabolism is higher than average. I took 2 at-home drug tests before the pre-employment one and both were clearly negative. Being the excessive worry wart that I still decided to drink like 3 water bottles, some gatorade, and one glass of cranberry juice before my test. I also just wanted to make sure I could pee a couple times before my test and that I'd be able to produce urine for the actual test. I knew I'd be flushing and diluting my urine a bit but I didn't expect it to come out so clear!! It literally almost looked drinkable. I may have f*cked myself by overworrying about it and drinking too much. I don't normally eat that much when I'm home alone and I've been home alone this past week.... so that being said, my creatinine levels are probably low to begin with. I'm sure all that fluid didn't help -_-

Anyway, the main reason I am concerned right now is that my specimen is being sent off to PAML lab (Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories) and I'm worried that my specimen will be considered dilute/tampered with/altered/whatever. In the "Remarks" section, the lab tech wrote "WSDL." What the heck does that mean??? Has anyone noticed this before??? I once took a drug test at one other place before and in the "Remarks" section, the lab tech wrote "Results - Negative." But this time, she wrote "WSDL." I don't know if this is because my specimen is too dilute, if I didn't pass, or if this is just standard protocol for their pre-employment screens.

Does anyone have any experience with PAML before? Does anyone know what "WSDL" stands for? Has anyone received a negative-dilute result on a pre-employment drug test before? What happened? Was it considered an automatic fail?

I am literally having anxiety attacks over this. I can't sleep at night. I really need this job. I feel so horrible for what happened at that party.... I would not have smoked if I had not gotten so drunk. I don't know what got into me!!

Any information on this would be helpful.

Thanks

As long as you didn't drink more than 36 ounces the morning of the test you should be fine. If it fails for negative dilute its up to the company of whether they want to retest you or not.
Don't think I've ever run into WSDL. I
If they don't contact you in the next week call them and find out when your start date is. Don't mention the drug test, they'll bring that up if there's anything there. If they say its a negative dilute just say you bet you drank too much water and ask to take it again.

As long as you didn't drink more than 36 ounces the morning of the test you should be fine. If it fails for negative dilute its up to the company of whether they want to retest you or not.
Don't think I've ever run into WSDL. I
If they don't contact you in the next week call them and find out when your start date is. Don't mention the drug test, they'll bring that up if there's anything there. If they say its a negative dilute just say you bet you drank too much water and ask to take it again.

There's still paperwork they want me to fill out and I won't have a start date until all of that is processed. So I should just proceed and not say anything about the drug test? I definitely drank more than 36 ounce... totally did not intend to drink that much. I was just getting so nervous about it.... even though I shouldn't have been so nervous.

If they won't accept a negative dilute then I will say I probably drank too much and then ask to re-take.

Thank you for the advice. I've been a hot mess. I hate waiting around for all of this!

Yep, just ignore it and continue and wait for them to bring up the drug test. If it comes up negative dilute just tell them drank a lot of coffee that morning to get up and going. If they're decent people they will let you retake it.

Yep, just ignore it and continue and wait for them to bring up the drug test. If it comes up negative dilute just tell them drank a lot of coffee that morning to get up and going. If they're decent people they will let you retake it.

Thanks for the advice peeps. OKAY. So I found out today that my "specimen was dilute" and I am retesting tomorrow. I plan on having some gatorade before bed tonight, peeing that out in the morning, and then like one gatorade or coffee in the morning. That won't dilute my urine will it?

I still hope I just pass even if my urine isn't diluted.... From all the forums I have sifted through, I SHOULD pass even with concentrated urine. I've taken 4 at-home drug tests at 50ng/ml (two of them were first thing in the morning). All of them have clearly been negative. I just hope I pass the 15ng/ml test if they run that. The first time I did it she put my urine into two different tubes, one for the initial 50ng/ml test I presume and the other for the confirmation 15ng/ml test.

I only smoked ONCE in like 4-6 months and that was about 23 days ago. I took three hits out of a bowl. My metabolism is higher than average. I'm 22 and have been a size 3 since I was 16. I don't really work out all that much though.

Anyhow, I will post an update of what happens. Fingers crossed for me!!!

You'll be fine with just light dilution and probably no dilution at all but it always pays to dilute a little. Drink about 16 ounces of coffee or whatever first thing int he morning, pee 3 or 4 times and then pee in the cup, pee that last little bit in the toilet.

You'll be fine with just light dilution and probably no dilution at all but it always pays to dilute a little. Drink about 16 ounces of coffee or whatever first thing int he morning, pee 3 or 4 times and then pee in the cup, pee that last little bit in the toilet.

So I just took the test. The first time around my urine was barely tinted (if that), but this time it clearly had a yellow tint. I was shocked that it was still a little diluted. I guess I hydrate easily because I literally only had a cup of coffee, some gatorade (not even the whole bottle), and a couple sips of an energy drink. I really wasn't trying to dilute at all. I went twice this morning and the third bathroom trip was for the urine test. HOPEFULLY this did the trick. I would really hate for it to come back diluted again.

Will post my update here when I get the results.

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom