Will my germinated seedlings be okay in this mini greenhouse or will the seedlings overheat?

Phillybonker

Below is a mini green house with adjustable vents...

EDITED: Link removed. It's a standard seedling dome rig

Once the seeds are germinated I plan to put the germinated seedlings in the above mini green house then stick em outside in the sun.

Outside temperatures will be 12°C (night time) 20°C (daytime)

13 hours of daylight including 10 hours of direct sunlight.

Watering every second day if required.

Will my germinated seedlings be okay in this mini greenhouse or will the seedlings over heat?

Should I cut down on sunlight exposure by putting the mini greenhouse in an area where the seedlings will be shaded for half the day?

That’s just a standard seedling dome rig. You can’t just put them in the sun like that - yes it will fry them.

a pic is fine but the link is not so probably want to drop that link - it’s not allowed

How should I grow my seedlings outside? Growing inside is not an option.

In most cases full sun for 10 hours will cook any new sprout or seedling like that. Of course I don’t do metric well so I didn’t realize that’s not very high temps starting out. In many cases you can’t just start in full sun but have to slowly acclimate them.

68 is kinda low temps if I did that conversion right but maybe you are spring headed into summer and temps will rise and you will be ok

heres the other part seedlings don’t really need a dome - that’s mostly handy for cutting clones - since clones don’t have roots the dome keeps moisture in. But for seedlings once they sprout we take tbe domes off. You could simply put a clear plastic cup over each seed in a flower pot and pull the cup once seeds pop up.

In most cases full sun for 10 hours will cook any new sprout or seedling like that. Of course I don’t do metric well so I didn’t realize that’s not very high temps starting out. In many cases you can’t just start in full sun but have to slowly acclimate them.

68 is kinda low temps if I did that conversion right but maybe you are spring headed into summer and temps will rise and you will be ok

heres the other part seedlings don’t really need a dome - that’s mostly handy for cutting clones - since clones don’t have roots the dome keeps moisture in. But for seedlings once they sprout we take tbe domes off. You could simply put a clear plastic cup over each seed in a flower pot and pull the cup once seeds pop up.

Yeah it will be spring for the first month of the seedlings life before heading into summer.

I was going to use a dome for the first week after seeds sprout, then take the dome off to allow the roots to naturally strengthen in the breeze.

So how much sun? I can put em somewhere that will only give the seedlings 3 hours of direct sun and 10 hours of daylight, or how much sun do you think the seedling need once sprouted?

Back
Top Bottom