Will my super soil, Coot's mix, see me through flower?

pointer80

Hello all, I havea outdoor grow going with my plant's planted in Coot's super soil recipe (in the ground) and was wondering if the soil will be enough to get me all the way through harvest or should I be adding something to the soil? So far I have been using nothing but compost/worm casting teas and seed sprouted teas. Thanks all.

Im not familiar with your style of soil but post a few pics you plants sound well fed and if they look well fed they probably are! Still love to see them happy 420!!

I've been using my Coots mix since 2016 - just got the soil re-tested. It will be fine for sure for 1 grow outdoors. Been growing in Coots mix since 2013.

I'm in containers doing no-till. I just posted my 2016 soil test and 2019 soil test of the same coots mix in my journal the other day. Go take look - just fast forward to the last few pages.

If you want to add stuff for whatever reason, can try kelp meal but scratch it in it will attract critters ... its meal for a reason. Can just mix it with ewc - can also soak it over night and make a slurry tea and pour that in.

... and was wondering if the soil will be enough to get me all the way through harvest ...
One of the reasons it is referred to as a super soil is that it should be able to support the growth of the plant right up to the day of harvest. Since the plants are growing in the soil outdoors a lot of the tiny feeder roots, often thinner than a hair from our heads, are growing out past the area you put the super soil looking for whatever they find.

But I see nothing wrong with a little taste treat for the soil organisms on occasion. You are already tweaking with some compost/worm casting teas and seed sprouted teas. You might be all set.

Good day to you.

Here are some pictures of my garden as of now

Attachments

• IMG_6311.jpg
    IMG_6311.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_6312.jpg
    IMG_6312.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_6314.jpg
    IMG_6314.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_6315.jpg
    IMG_6315.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_6318.jpg
    IMG_6318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248

Great looking garden in deed!! I wouldn’t change much of what your doing cause those girls look happy. :bongrip:

Found some GG beans from about 2 years ago I misplaced (I just left plant self pollinate) got at least 300 beans. Popped 6 and kept 2 with the best phenos. 3 months in 3gal container, own organic mix cooked for 6 months.
Earthworm casting, bat guano, agave nectar, seaweed extract, epsom salt tea mix PH'd 6.2-6.8.
She started to stretch about 3 weeks ago so I started on a banana peel, powdered egg shell, agave nectar tea. Very little effort.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 15656378355952236784148158968616.jpg
    15656378355952236784148158968616.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 223
I've been using my Coots mix since 2016 - just got the soil re-tested. It will be fine for sure for 1 grow outdoors. Been growing in Coots mix since 2013.

I'm in containers doing no-till. I just posted my 2016 soil test and 2019 soil test of the same coots mix in my journal the other day. Go take look - just fast forward to the last few pages.

If you want to add stuff for whatever reason, can try kelp meal but scratch it in it will attract critters ... its meal for a reason. Can just mix it with ewc - can also soak it over night and make a slurry tea and pour that in.
Where do I find your soil test results at? Thanks.

Impressive. Really, impressive.

The rows are nicely space at what looks like 6 feet apart. The plants look about 4 feet apart in the row. Spread out like that the plants are not competing with each other for nutrients or soil moisture. Many people seem to end up packing in plants right next to each other and it results in stunted growth when they get larger. They see the tiny plants and forget how big they want it to grow. I have seen them do it with vegetables, flowers, landscape shrubs around their house and with their recreational weeds. They just pack them into a small space.

And, you got rid of the weeds and then mulched it up good and thick with straw. That keeps future weed growth at a minimum and helps the soil retain water. A good mulch also has the added benefit of keeping the soil from absorbing to much water to fast if there is a heavy rainfall. The straw lets the excess water perk through the mulch at a steady rate and the straw itself absorbs some of the extra water.

Have you thought about "lolipopping" a few of the plants in a future outdoor grow?

Have a good day.

The rows are nicely space at what looks like 6 feet apart. The plants look about 4 feet apart in the row. Spread out like that the plants are not competing with each other for nutrients or soil moisture. Many people seem to end up packing in plants right next to each other and it results in stunted growth when they get larger. They see the tiny plants and forget how big they want it to grow. I have seen them do it with vegetables, flowers, landscape shrubs around their house and with their recreational weeds. They just pack them into a small space.

And, you got rid of the weeds and then mulched it up good and thick with straw. That keeps future weed growth at a minimum and helps the soil retain water. A good mulch also has the added benefit of keeping the soil from absorbing to much water to fast if there is a heavy rainfall. The straw lets the excess water perk through the mulch at a steady rate and the straw itself absorbs some of the extra water.

Have you thought about "lolipopping" a few of the plants in a future outdoor grow?

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom