Will seed be damaged?

NonGMO

Hello guys this is my first post on 420magazine and also my first time growing, I have a few questions that may be kinda dumb but I'm trying my best and looking to get as much help and practice I can get. Ok so today I bought some seeds 2 White Widows and 1 OG Skunk I started the germination process roughly 3 hours ago and I was wondering the absolute longest time I could leave soaking in water safely. I added about 2-3 drops of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% as well to kill bacteria. Might be an idiotic question in some of your eyes, but it's my first time in the growing process and I'd like to learn as much as I can. Thanks guys :)

I like to soak my seeds for about 18 hours, but you could go as long as 36-48 hours without killing the seeds. I wouldn't soak them in just straight water for longer than 48 hours. You could deprive the root of oxygen.

EDIT: It also depends on your germinating temperatures. If you're germinating between 80-85f then 36 hours would probably closer to the danger zone when it comes to oxygen deprivation.

I like to soak my seeds for about 18 hours, but you could go as long as 36-48 hours without killing the seeds. I wouldn't soak them in just straight water for longer than 48 hours. You could deprive the root of oxygen.

EDIT: It also depends on your germinating temperatures. If you're germinating between 80-85f then 36 hours would probably closer to the danger zone when it comes to oxygen deprivation.

Its room temperature I'd say about 65-74 degrees max, I'm just wondering If would be able to go for maximum of around 26-30 hours max, but it sounds safe but I'll do my best to keep it on the lower side, Thanks for the help, very much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom