Will some one please help with hermies!

brandon835

420 Member
I am growing 7 bagseed plants in a 8 x 4 tent with 1 1000w light and 2 mars 700w leds with dehumidifier and ac/heat to keep temp between 65and 75 they are 4 weeks into flower and went in to check on them today and 3 have bananas and 1 has he ie balls why did this happen? The only thing that has stressed them is my temp has got down to 61 a couple nights when the weather changed and I trimmed some leaves for better light? I don't understand and this is the second tent full of plant ruined by hermies what shoud i do? Really want to quit growing, I've had 3 good harvests and these 2 bad ones in a row! Should I just let these finish or will it be all seeds? Please help?

I'm ready to quit growing, I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! The only thing I can think is I topped them too much but I never do it in flowering. I also cut off leaves a couple days before this happened to let light in they were really thick and bushy! Honestly these are the prettiest ones I've grown and the all are hermies or have bananas 2 out of 7 were alright but the have got polinated by the others! I wonder if I should let them grow out forhash is it worth it or just trash them all?

Make sure that you have 100% dark in your grow during your dark cycle. If a little tiny crack, or pinhole of light gets into your flowering plants during the dark cycle this can very easily happen. I've personally seen it happen two ways. Outdoors: a friend of mine is a caregiver, he had beautiful girls outside on his first outdoor grow. The streetlight almost a football field away was enough to hermie one of the strains. Indoor: I have the white sided plastic over my windows in my grow room. There were pinholes in the plastic that allowed the tiniest amount of light through, and my beautiful Miss Universe plant hermied. What you should do is before you flip the switch on any grow, to be safe, stand in your grow in the dark and check for ANY LIGHT AT ALL, and seal it immediately.
As you mentioned, there are many things that can hermie a plant, but I know that this light issue does it, and if you switch the time of the light/dark cycle by just a few minutes, I've seen that happen too. I live in Maine, there are tons of power outages, I had one for 8 days, and I was able to keep mine from going hermie due to I was ready to keep the light cycles exact.

Always go stand in your grow room before you flip the switch to flower, IN THE TOTAL DARK. Make sure there are no leaks. Some strains seem to hermie easier if you get a light leak, or opened a door quickly, or your timer went on a couple minutes late because there was a power surge/reset during the middle of the night.....etc, etc, etc.

Also, make sure there is no surge protectors etc...with red LED lights, that can cause problems. Green light or green LED is usually safe.

Back
Top Bottom