Will they root?, if I bury this plant above the lower branch nodes.

trichomes

If I add 8 inches of soil so the lower branch nodes are covered in dirt, do you think roots will come out of the branches? I want to keep this strain alive to make it a mother for cloning. I'm thinking if I add a (8-10" tall) pot with the bottom cut out (and a slice top to bottom), put it around the plant on the dirt, then fill it with dirt, the branches may sprout roots in the new dirt. Then I can cut/slice off a branch with roots and grow it under 24 hours of light for good clones. Anybody think it could work? Plant has been flowering for a month or 2. This would save a lot of time if I were to wait until harvest, leave a few buds to reveg after I harvest most of the bud. Thank you all!
dirt5.jpg

Yes, they will :)

Hi trichomes,

Interested in learning something by asking about your plan. What advantage will/would your plan provide over just taking some clones?

because it is already flowering, cloning is a challenge, I have time to try this method, so far I have a yes "it can work" and a no, "it won't work", that's why member input is a beautiful thing!! here's she is, I scored a few branches, under the dirt.

Hi trichomes,

Interested in learning something by asking about your plan. What advantage will/would your plan provide over just taking some clones?

Thanks trichome. I had read folks say that cloning a plant already in bud required more time for the clone to reveg and begin rooting, but didn't realize it was more difficult or had a lower rate of success. Sending positive vibes and +reps your way for trying this. I do love a good experiment!

because it is already flowering, cloning is a challenge, I have time to try this method, so far I have a yes "it can work" and a no, "it won't work", that's why member input is a beautiful thing!! here's she is, I scored a few branches, under the dirt.

It's been almost 3 weeks, no sign of any new roots. All I noticed was an unusually large amount of those "roley poley" tomato bugs in the soil, feeding in the stalks, where I had scored them, in hope of new roots, if any new roots grew, the roley bugs probably ate them. Project terminated.:rip:

Back
Top Bottom