Will this produce 1lbs or so

Mushie1005

I just went out and bought what I think is everything I need for my very first grow and I am wondering if someone would could tell me if I need anything else or knew anything about the strains I have or the number of plants I should plant or just anything really I'm open to any helpful advice even if its on my spelling or grammer lol. But anyway I have a 4x4x6 text 2 1000 watt led King lights foxfarm the 3 pack of nutrients the ph up and down a ph pen a carbon filter it seems like so much more a thermometer ratchet straps 3 gallon pots soil 5 white widow, 3 mama mia, 1 cheese, 1 special kush all from Seedsman all feminised. I am planning on training with LST and vegging for 4 weeks so any help on what I should plant and what this would produce per grow? Or any thoughts is this to much light

I just went out and bought what I think is everything I need for my very first grow and I am wondering if someone would could tell me if I need anything else or knew anything about the strains I have or the number of plants I should plant or just anything really I'm open to any helpful advice even if its on my spelling or grammer lol. But anyway I have a 4x4x6 text 2 1000 watt led King lights foxfarm the 3 pack of nutrients the ph up and down a ph pen a carbon filter it seems like so much more a thermometer ratchet straps 3 gallon pots soil 5 white widow, 3 mama mia, 1 cheese, 1 special kush all from Seedsman all feminised. I am planning on training with LST and vegging for 4 weeks so any help on what I should plant and what this would produce per grow? Or any thoughts is this to much light

For maximum yield, there is a formula that has been adopted that has been found to be quite accurate.

If using LEDs, you need 35 watts (WALL WATTS) of LED per square foot of floor space. That means you need 450-500 watts (wall watts, not claimed watts) in 13 square feet of space (around 3.5 x 3.5 feet). This is the minimum that can produce 453 grams of cured dried product (1 lb). If in perfect conditions (hard to achieve).

Beyond that amount of light, you also need an excellent environment.

Yield isn't about equipment as much as it is about you being able to provide the right environment for the plants.

We can't forecast how much you will get from the equipment. Each grow, and grower will be different. Strain will also play a part. This is dealing with living plants, and things are not by the numbers (usually).

You also didn't say what medium you would be growing in. Also, many will advise a PPM/EC meter.

Consider your water source and the quality of the water.

I know that isn't a promising answer, but it is the truth, as I see it.

Welcome to our village if I haven't welcomed you yet :welcome:

We look forward to your journal.......

Welcome Muskie you'll do great! I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest for soil and mix that with some type of coco that my hydro shop mixes. I start the seeds in the hydro stuff then transplant to the mix. That is after dropping seeds in cup of water and then onto damp paper towel. I haven't grown any of your strains but have 7 of the mama Mia that I plan to work in this year. Just remember it's a weed and wants to grow, just step out of the way.

Thank you for the warm welcome I am growing in soil I just haven't picked the soil yet. Out of the seeds I have do u have any thoughts on what I should plant and if I do a journal is there a way to tell where I'm located just wondering

There are a few different soils, and I picked NFTG. I won't say the name for they are not a sponsor here. You can google it, and that will answer who they are. They have a nutrient line as well and are organic. If you're into that kind of thing.

The only way your location can be found is if you include your face, or important landmarks around your location, in your pictures. The pictures are stripped of location information by the forum, the forum is secure, and located in Canada. The admins set this up to provide a favorable place to be able to post without problems for members.

As with most growers, the best advice is telling NO ONE. Of all failings, that is the number one to cause legal problems. If you can't keep a secret, the people you tell certainly won't. There are other things, but the forum is the least likely to get you caught unless you have already broken the other simple rules of growing.

I hope this information helps.

Seeds could be a whole thread of discussion......just get good seeds. Bag seeds are usually not a happy thing to deal with, but not bad to start with, if you have no expectations.

The only person that knows is my wife and that's because she has to know and as far as seeds I read early on to get good seeds so I went to a seed bank and got them so I am good there I just don't know how many to plant and which ones to plant

I find this a problem too. I'm 0-3 on grows on getting to the harvest. It's a long story and unimportant really.

if you haven't ever grown your own, it isn't going to be like what you can get most anywhere else. So you really do not know what you are looking for.

I planted two germinated seeds in my last attempt. Two plants will get something at the end and will teach the things you need to know. Planting one is a recipe to get nothing if a plant dies. Planting more could waste seeds if you kill them all or need to dispose of them. I do things by statistics and figured 2 seeds germinated was the best statistical chance of getting something at the end and learning what I didn't know.

I think (keywords) soil is the hardest medium to learn in but will be the easiest once you know how to do it. Watering too often and too much in the beginning are the points of failure.

You would need to list the strains you have and the place where you got them (breeder). That will help the more experienced guys tell you which strains will be the easiest to start with. Some strains can be picky.

I got them from Seedsman I have 5 white widow 3 mama mia 1 special kush and 1 cheese they are all feminised
Are they all Seedsman seeds or are they different breeders like Sweetseeds or Dinafem, etc?

Where you got them isn't as important as who bred the seeds. The order email should have the breeders on it.

I think (I use that a lot), I would start with 2 White Widow seeds. I am assuming none of these seeds are auto-flowering, for you didn't mention it.

White Widow is a very prominent breed that many people have grown. It is quite common. Anyone here should be able to help with any problems that you have.

Just 1000 will be sufficient for the 4x4 i reckon. Ive got 3 plants in mine but im using a trellis to fill out the whooole thing. Couldnt tell ya what my yield will be as I still dont know if Ill even do well lol but yer listen to these man. They know their ish

Just 1000 will be sufficient for the 4x4 i reckon. Ive got 3 plants in mine but im using a trellis to fill out the whooole thing. Couldnt tell ya what my yield will be as I still dont know if Ill even do well lol but yer listen to these man. They know their ish
A 1000w what???

HPS is different than LED, and you must know the wattage pulled from the wall..... A 1000w HPS is definitely sufficient in a 4x4 tent. So is a TRUE 1000w LED, if you can find one.

I got them from Seedsman I have 5 white widow 3 mama mia 1 special kush and 1 cheese they are all feminised
A 4x4 should easily hold 4-5 of those plants, so drop the WW, Kish, MamaMia, and Cheese! Four plants is plenty to start and you will get several ozs from each. First time just get into it and you will improve on each successive grow. Don't overwater, don't overthink. Get good soil, germ those babies, and get growing. :goodluck:

I yield 20oz+ with a 600w hps light with a 6 week veg, light and environment is your most important.

I would suggest growing in 15L pots running 70/30 coco/perlite mix.

4 pots/plants max, 6 weeks veg time.

Place a screen around 12" above pots, any thing that grows through tie down with velcro tape including main cola stem as this will allow you to have a semi even canopy.

This allows your plants to have maximum airflow in and around plants, 4 plants is more than enough for a 4x4.

Like most others say if you can find a true 1000w LED light that actually gives 1000w then you may be lucky but in my opinion if your running that, you may as well run a 600w HPS, more yield and just as good quality, as for nutrients you only need a basic a&b and bloom nutrient if you go coco, there are some amazing schedules on this forum.

I have no ideas about led panels to be honest but a mere 400w hps guy & even a small 125w cfl to grow this stuff with, but i have recently moved over to 4 by 4 by 6 tent.

Well it is bit like this buddy pretty much strain related when governing growth characteristic , yield, flowering times when trying to grow multi different strains all at the same time, it will more likely give the modest of growers a minor logistics challenge depending on space etc etc etc & the rest of all that stuff...

Mmm back to the 4 by 4 by 6 & can i get lb plus... ye we all love question ???

Depends on how intensive ya wanna get, but the wise man said KEEP IT SIMPLE (stupid) aka KISS.

The grow environment is one of most important or just plain damn good growing conditions is one of the most essential off getting darn good dang or was it dank weed & even requires skill beyond WTF !

lb of weed in a 4 by 4 by 6 space easy :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom