Will this work for a couple of days

lunathedog

i have three clones which have been put into wine barrels for two days now, and it is going to rain for a couple of days i thought it would be better to put them in the garage for that time. I got two of these lights from home depot
Philips 120 Watt 120 Volt Agro BR40 Plant Grow Reflector Bulb - 167155 at The Home Depot
I know they are not ideal but i do not have any money and they will only be used when it is raining outside. I would put a picture but do not know how to make my picture a URL. it does not matter i guess since you get what i am doing. I just do not know what kind of light they are and i do not want to kill them. this is my first grow so be gentle. thank you in advance
jason :yummy:
IMG00024-20100419-1832.jpg

i think i made the pic work

hard to say if its for when it rains out sure as the will get there light when they are outside just remember you can get a good light set up for 400 bucks, or go visit the guys that are using cfl ( compact-floresecent-light ) they are cheaper and work well plus not as hard on your light bill . but youll have to make the decision

thank you man but like i said it is only going to be for a couple of days and then carried back outside, so basicly what i am asking is should i leave it like this or just put them back outside and put a gazebo over them to block rain.

well the rain water is not gonna hurt them for one but yeah youll be ok just leave the lights on till they go back out they are gonna need all they can get and if your in co its gonna rain for three days ( showers ) so yes its all about the lumens the more the better . but you should be fine you be able to tell if they dont like it

im in north cali and we have a storm coming tonight and just to tommorow night, but i just thought because they are only two days old the rain might be to much.

thank you man and this is my first grow so i am overly paranoid. I do not have kids but i am growing some, and more than anything else i just love to watch them grow. Just from yesterday there has been so much growth.
thanx again

i have three clones which have been put into wine barrels for two days now, and it is going to rain for a couple of days i thought it would be better to put them in the garage for that time. I got two of these lights from home depot
Philips 120 Watt 120 Volt Agro BR40 Plant Grow Reflector Bulb - 167155 at The Home Depot
I know they are not ideal but i do not have any money and they will only be used when it is raining outside. I would put a picture but do not know how to make my picture a URL. it does not matter i guess since you get what i am doing. I just do not know what kind of light they are and i do not want to kill them. this is my first grow so be gentle. thank you in advance
jason :yummy:
IMG00024-20100419-1832.jpg

i think i made the pic work

Those lights will not harm your plants.... they won't grow your plant's very effectively either. But they will work as you are intending to use them...

thanx everyone i just wanted to make sure and next year i will have better option for the rain. This was just last minute because of course right when i put them outside it decides to rain for two days. It looks like they will go back outside tomorrow. it is clearing tomorrow and for next year does anyone have a recommendation for a better solution for next year. I will only be using the lights if it rains hard like now and only when the are young. Later in the season if it rains i think they should be fine because they will be more established in growth and i have a gazebo to block the rain. I do have rain barrels outside right now collecting the water for my garden. thanx again all
jason

sounds good saving money on water and lights by growing outside the gazebo will do well for a sheild from the storm
yeah i just can not afford to pay for the sun. I am just having problems with one of the clones. "the cheese" is not looking good because the leaves are curling in. I think it is in shock and i am hoping for the best. the other two are ok and when should i start using veg nutrient. i planted them in fox farm ocean blend 1 week ago and they guy at the hydro place told me to wait for 2 weeks before using nutrient but does anyone think it will help with the shock??

whenever you pull clones, or transplant do it at dusk it relieves the stress and will let her recover better as for the nutes ph your water to 5.5 -6.0 if you are using the rain water it should allready be neautral the nutes you have a huge pot for them your gonna need to be careful as you can add more than whats needed , or mistakes are caused from paranoia we thnk they need more and that causes more prob. i thnk you should make a jug and add it after youve added your rain water this will help you keep the soil wet and get the nutes to your plants .

this will help you keep the soil wet and get the nutes to your plants .
i have not used any nutrients yet. I was told to wait at least a week because the fox farm has a lot already. This is my second year so i am still taking a lot of advice. the first year did not go well and all three died, and i was adding to much of everything. The only thing i am unclear about is when to water. It does not make sense that you put your finger in the soil a half inch it tells you it needs water. what about the other two feet of soil?? I will get it down eventually and i guess it is a trial and error thing. i just can not beleive when someone tells me the just threw seeds in the ground and they had a huge plant. I also grow orchids and those are hard but nothing compared to cannibus. Anyway thank you for all the advice but i think all of these are on their last legs. they are all drooping down and already dying. i have not used nuts just water for now and just like last year they are dying again. I will try again in may, if they don't make it, because i do not quit things.

damn sorry to hear that and yeah the nutes i too am sayin in a week or two but the fox farm soil is loaded im unsure what to say sounds like alot of hard times for em so sorry
you know whats funny my neighbor got the clones from the same place and he has been sick so he just left his outside without soil (just rockwell cubes) for the last 4 days. O did i mention no water or nutes either. he has more growth than mine and they are doing great. Maybe that's the trick take them out of soil, cut off the water, and they will grow.LOL I know i have said this before but this has to be the hardest plant to grow because the rest of my garden is doing great (just like every year) corn, tomatoes, squash, cucumber,etc. I only planted the tomatoes a week ago and i am going to be eating them in about a week.

lunathedog.65392

what do you guys think of my babies after one month? the uk cheese keeps curling and is not keeping up with the others and i do not know why. I water and use nutrients on all of them at the same time but the cheese just looks sick, so is there anything i can do to help it along. They are all planted in ocean forest and i use the foxfarm vegg stuff and big bloom. i trade off with the two: example: one watering i use big bloom on all the babies then the next watering i use the veg stuff. I know i can just pull it and put in a new one but this plant i do not want to give up on. I do this for fun so if it wont grow its not a big deal, but i really love the high of the cheese plant. The others look ok but again this is my first grow. One last question, will wind hurt the roots ( not to much wind but enough to have them lean. My neighbor says it will make them stronger and the stalks prove his point but i just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.
jason

Back
Top Bottom