Will this work? Sun as Light?

weediologist

Hey will this work if i used reflectors to direct sun light to my plant or is it a waste of time. am going to use bulbs too my HPS and MH system or what ever is the best.

sunpic.JPG

if youre going to go through all that trouble why not just put them out in the sunlight? :hmmmm:

BigSmokie said:
I'm thinking the light would be to concentrated and would be like a magnifying glass.

I'm agreein with this guy, You couldnt use just aluminum foil ... i dont think it would work .... I'm not sure though :joint:

do not waste your time. A.he's right we orbit the sun, it is constantly changing position, no way for it get enough light during the day, plus going from natural sunlight, to artificial isnt my ideal of optimal growing conditions, plus you cannot get this affect with aluminum foil, nor mylar, nor white paint, about the only way that would work is with mirrors, and that myfriend isnt a good idea, ever fry aints with magnifying glasses? just my 2 cents worth.

You would have to use perfectly flat mirrors, and be careful not to have way to much light concentrated in one area. I tend to agree wit hit being alot of trouble if funds are not an issue use fiber optics works great for me!!!!!!!!

BigSmokie said:
I'm thinking the light would be to concentrated and would be like a magnifying glass.
If they are mirrors, no.
If they are magnifying glasses, yeah.

Heh I've played with ideas on how to do this too. I thought about fiber optics, and wondered how that would actually work. Does it shift any of the light spectrum or lose much energy as it conducts light?

paullygirl said:
All I use is fiber optics the light shift isn't bad and you don't lose much at all.

:( I am not seeing the mechanics of it in my head. Is it actual fiber optics cable attached to some sort of collector (that is outside in the sunlight) and a difuser? How thick is the cable if it's cable?

I'm horribly curious now and wanna know the mechanics or where I can get the supplies & know-how to do it? :)

it does use cable go to global spec .com and the best way to learn everthing that you can about it is to search fiber optics in agriculture.

Back
Top Bottom