Willie Nelson's "Green Friday" Leads To Teapot Party With Mugshot

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
If you are a cop in Texas - OK, a cop anywhere in the world - when you pull over a tour bus and out pops a gnomish man with grayish-red hair and you smell pot smoke, you smile and nod, get an autograph and go on your way.

It's 2010, and we live in a world where Willie Nelson can still get arrested and charged with pot possession - in his home state, no less.

Friday morning, while Black Friday was a barreling down on your bank account and credit score, Nelson was getting arrested and charged with having six ounces of pot on his tour bus. Nelson was booked in Sierra Blanca just off I-10, paid a $2,500 bond and was released by U.S. Border Patrol agents.

Seriously?

​Isn't weed basically legal in Austin now? What backwoods Barney Fife is out there aiming for a 77-year old international treasure in a hoodie sparking up watching The View on a tour bus in West Texas?

And just like that Teapot Party was born. If the Tea Party folks can wring their hands 24 hours a day, why can't the kindly potheads start their own party.

The party's platform is "Tax it, regulate it and legalize it." Its motto? "We lean a little to the left."

This is Nelson's first salvo in what will surely be a brand-new fight in the war against marijuana criminalization. As of late Monday, the Teapot Party had more than 14,500 Facebook supporters.

williemugshot_nov30-thumb-560x416.jpg

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source:
Author: Craig Hlavaty
Copyright: 2010 Houston Press, LP.
Website: Willie Nelson's "Green Friday" Leads To Teapot Party - Houston Music - Rocks Off

I'll always have Willie's back, the man is a true living legend.
As long as the Teapot doesn't eventually spill into the Tea Party, I'm cool with it.
Willie needs to get together with his Broken Lizard friends and make the much discussed sequel to "Beer Fest", known as "Pot Fest".
If Willie can stir up the Teapot enough, interest will grow among potential producers.

Back
Top Bottom