WillYumm's Outdoor Unknown Mixed Bagseed Grow Journal, 2019

WillYumm

420 Member
Me: Dude! My weed plant is starting to flower!
Friend: Nice! What seeds did you purchase?
Me: None, I'm just using bagseed.

At the starting of this Journal, I am already into the second month of this grow. I will provide a rundown of events that will catch us up to the current state of the grow. Then I will continue on with Journal updates as time permits. I look forward to sharing my experience with others and am anticipating much feedback and advice from the community here at 420 Magazine.

History
My dear friend Liesel one day showed up with a Mason jar full of shake and trim she told me that she got from some friends up north that had home grows going on. As we plowed ahead through this jar night after night, we began to accumulate a fair amount of seeds. Being in California and knowing that I am now enfranchised to grow a limited amount of Cannabis plants in my own backyard, after checking my city and county ordinances for compliance we began an attempt to germinate a few of the bagseeds.

The first attempt was a total bust. Germinated out on the wet paper towel method; after about 14 days with no sprouting I tossed the seeds out and into a random nursery pot in the backyard that had another plant growing in it and forgot all about them. About two weeks later Liesel comes to me and says “look what I found”. I went to the plant in the backyard and to my surprise there behold a cannabis plant. I took all the other living plants out of the pot and started to nurture the freshly discovered plant. This was in the middle of December when this plant was discovered.

We let this plant grow and made sure she was watered and she started turning a beautiful purple color, pistils growing, she was confirmed a female. The only problem is she started flowering at a young age and only grew to about eight inches tall before she overdeveloped and started looking pretty horrid. It was fun to watch this Mini Monster grow and was a good little learning curve with plenty of research involved.

After Mini Monster died we did a bit more research and started to try and crack another six or so of the bagseeds collected. Four sprouted this time and we planted them into soil in small cups, they stretched to nearly six inches overnight, reaching for the light. We put them out into the sunshine and two days later they flopped over dead. Very Disappointing and we shelved the idea of growing our own Cannabis.

A couple of months later a dear friend of ours gave me an extra clone she had. I figured it is past the point of where I seem to have trouble and we took this baby on, we have no idea of the strain and she is chugging along, has had and still has a few issues, but that is a whole other story.
The excitement of this new clone plant rekindled the yearning to grow from bagseed again. Another attempt; another failure in the sproutling stage. More research and another round of germination, more sprouts and Success, this is where our journal journey begins.

Here We Grow!

Strain: The seed strains are a complete unknown to me, they come from Shake and Trim from about three or four different strains.

Type: Looks to possibly be hybrid strains.

Grown: Outdoors in the California Sunshine using Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil, currently in one-gallon nursery pots.

Watering / Fertilizer: I mostly buy RO water by the gallon from a local water store, I mix up a five-gallon bucket of Foxfarm Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom tea that I use for a current existing clone grow, and have since started using a diluted version on the current grow by using “a water from the bottom” method, and spray bottle of pure RO water to keep the topsoil relatively moist.

Qty of Plants: Two.

Welcome, that's a good story line for an introduction!
So pictures to follow?

:ganjamon:

Happy growing!

Germination Period

Day One:
I planted two unknown bagseeds into some Foxfarm Ocean Forest potting soil into a solo cup. Used the soil germination process. Kept the soil very moist hidden behind my desk monitor, nice and dark and warm.

Day Five: Unkown bagseed ‘A’ “Audrey III” broke ground with a nicely split shell, looking very healthy.

Unknown Bagseed A.jpg

Day Ten: Unknown bagseed ‘B’ “Auntie Brenda” broke ground, again looking very healthy as well.

Unknown Bagseed B.jpg

Both of these sprouts were in the same solo cup and needed to be separated quite soon.

First Transplant

Day Thirteen:
Transplant Day, again using the Foxfarm Ocean Forest I transplanted each of the sproutlings into their own one-gallon nursery pots I had laying about.

Transplant Day.jpg

After the transplant I noticed the sprouts beginning to wain and limp over. After an evening of Youtube video after Youtube video, I begin to figure out the seedlings need a much higher humidity level and less direct sunlight. I fashioned a couple of humidity domes from old water bottle bottoms and the sprouts quickly recovered themselves. A few days later they were stable and I set them in the sunshine to grow.

Day Twenty-Seven: Using a diluted tea mixture I have concocted from Foxfarm Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and some Reverse Osmosis H2o, I began to water both using a bottom-up method I seen on a Youtube video, hold the nursery pot in a larger bucket of the drink for a few seconds and let it wick upward. This seems to work really well for me, and I spray the top with RO water to keep the top a bit moist and cool.

Audrey III 08-22-2019.jpg

Auntie Brenda 08-22-2019.jpg

This brings us to date on this grow, Further updates will be as they happen. I hope that sofar you have enjoyed my journey as much as I am, and again I look forward to any and all feedback from the 420 Magazine Community.

Audrey III 08-26-2019.jpg

Auntie Brenda 08-26-2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom