Wilma XL cleaning?

Ducky1

So I’m running a Wilma 4 pot xl with soil in the pots. I empty it once a week to clean and top up nutrients, when I say I empty it I mean I completely drain all water, wash it over with the hose scrub it down then refill it. Last week I split a plant clean in half doing this as I was rummaging around a bit too rough taking the pots off and forgot I had a yoyo attached.

is there a way to avoid completely cleaning it once a week? I was looking at possibly adding a fluval filter, you know the one they use for fish tanks to keep water flow within the Wilma which will help reduce scum build up and when it’s time to add more nutes throughout the grow is the pump to empty it until there’s virtually nothing left then just fill back up?

I’ve heard of people using a pump and air stone to keep it fresher in there but realistically wouldn’t a filter push a lot more water around?

Soil guy so hydro or auto watering is not my deal but yes filtration sounds plausible. Maybe Botaniccare Hydroguard, Flying Skull Z7 or similar product is what a lot of hydro growers use for dwc or recirc systems

you should get a lot more input as the day progresses - see what other replies come in
Thanks man. I’ve just noticed every time I clean it there’s a layer of film on the top and scum and residue and bits just floating around in the reservoir and it’s making me think it definitely cannot be good for the plants.

Back
Top Bottom