wilting in the forth week of flowering

caligirl

420 Member
I am a somewhat experienced grower. I have gardened for decades and have about six grows (indoor and out) under my belt. Currently, I have three plants in my flowering room; jilly bean- orange velvet x romulan x cindy99 (60sat/40ind) and two casey jones- trainwreck x orient express x ec diesel (80sat/20ind). Sorry no pics. Im growing in 5 gallon containers with foxfarm soils (happyfrog and ocean forest mixed). My water is well water with a ph of 6 - 6.5. They each are under a 600hps and i have three ocilating fans and an outake (which i turn on sometimes) the rest of the time i keep my doors open during lights on to warm up my house and to get fresh air exchange. I feed maxi bloom and occassional cal mag and diamond nectar. I alternate nutes with molasses and plain water. The temp stays between 65 and 80 and the humidity is below 50 at most times and down to 35 occasionaly. I only water when they are dry and only enough to cuz a run off ( i have had bad experiences with over water so now i am cautious).

They have been doing great - robust growth and began flowering immediatly after switch. They all have had one or two yellowing leafs with crispy tips here but in the last day or so, only my jilly bean has displayed weakened stems to the point where they may not be able to support colas and wilting, soft leaves (mainly at bottom and middle of plant. The buds and top of the plant look great as do the other two plants in the room. According to the books it seems it might be calcium, or potassium def, but they are well but not over fed plants. Just cant figure this one out on my own, so any help would be appreciated - asap thanks a lot 420 pals!

Hey caligirl I have had plants need water before they even felt lite. maybe just give her a good soaking to eliminate under watering. Sounds like you have pushed the limits on the other plants with the nutes maybe a good flush is in order. If you choose to flush just make sure to add about 1/4 strength nutes after the flush. Maxi bloom has calcium included. I can only guess without seeing a good picture of your garden. Along with a photo, what rate your feeding your plants 1/4, 1/2, full strength, how many plants, how many watts do you have on them. Sometimes the buds and leaves that have not reached the canopy will look very poor.
Hard to say without a decent photo. Could even be a pest issue Idk.
Good luck! sorry I couldn't help any more without pic's.:peace:

I was just reading someone who had exactly the same problem.. I believe someone said it was a Calcium deficiency causing the weker stems, I told him just to supprt them but he mentioned the softend leaves and wilting in flower.. Hmm Ill have a look and see if I can find his post, But I am fairly cerrtain cal was mentioned.. Goodluk Smokemup

Hi, I know im new and just getting over my own issues. But was thinking with well water im sure there's plent of minerals including calcium already, no? Adding cal/mag, maxi bloom (cal included) and with the calcium in the soil already too. Can you have too much cal? Anyway just wondering, :peace:

it seemed like a cal def to me too except i supplement cal mag and it only affected lower leaves and cal def shows up in upper leaves first. I think it may hve been humidity got too low one day, below 35 - besides jilly bean is so tempermental but she is fine now. thanks for all the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom