Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Could probably build your own press pretty inexpensively with a bottle jack and a few 2x4's. I've been thinking of doing something like that for pressing apples in the fall for cider.

But I guess you'd also have to figure out the metal plates and heat since it's not simply about pressing the material. 🤔

Could probably build your own press pretty inexpensively with a bottle jack and a few 2x4's. I've been thinking of doing something like that for pressing apples in the fall for cider.

But I guess you'd also have to figure out the metal plates and heat since it's not simply about pressing the material. 🤔
I did a Google search for the Canna Cabana and they have closed in my neck of the woods, I think they moved to a different province. They were the ones with the presses. I must ask around. I could buy a mini press at some point. I'm not very handy so as with most DIY stuff, it's easier for someone else to make it and I pay them :) It's not as simple as putting it on the plate and squishing it seems.

The heat is equally as important as the pressure, so folks who build their own presses almost always by the metal plates from a canna press manufacturer.
What do you do with the spent pucks?
The leftover pucks are run through the QWET process as Otter mentioned.

Pressing will always be less efficient than using a solvent if you're looking for the highest return, and I don't think the plant matter (mostly chlorophyll and waxes) will be detrimental in any way to the RSO.

Hi folks. Thanks for the discussion about the different merits of QWET extraction and pressing in a home environment.
@Lerugged , you may have missed these questions. I am very keen to know assablief 😃
1) So are you saying that the sun is evaporating unclaimed booze in your method?
2)How safe would it be to leave it outside in my postage stamp sized garden of the ground floor flat? I worry that an adjacent neighbor could light up a smoke behind the walls and that could cause a problem?
3)I have stainless steel bowls and stockings 😃 Do you think I could safely leave it on my stoep until the booze is mostly gone and then pop it on the stove for the final bits?

4)Next question... how much oil would 30g bud yield, and do you think I could use Swaz, or must I try to access better?

Pressing will always be less efficient than using a solvent if you're looking for the highest return, and I don't think the plant matter (mostly chlorophyll and waxes) will be detrimental in any way to the RSO.
Then I must find a way. Hopefully if I understand LR correctly I may be able to manage it safely and inconspicuously in my outdoor space.

Onward on my path to create @Grand Daddy Black lollypops 🍭🍭🍭

Yes that's exactly what I am saying. Let the sun and summer heat do the job for you.
I think the wind like the wind right now, would do most of the job for you.
Again the wind will take those fumes away quick snap. Very unlikely your neighbour will ignite the fumes.....have you met the cape doctor?
:)
Ss bowls are perfect. Stockings too.
I really can't say anything about the yeild. Depends on the potency...
You can use olive oil infusion like I do for Rock candy like lollies. .
Working with sugar is a bit more complex and you need to understand how crystals work. Also don't bother making any hard candy on a day with high humidity.
Chef out

Yes that's exactly what I am saying. Let the sun and summer heat do the job for you.
I think the wind like the wind right now, would do most of the job for you.
Again the wind will take those fumes away quick snap. Very unlikely your neighbour will ignite the fumes.....have you met the cape doctor?
:)
Ss bowls are perfect. Stockings too.
I really can't say anything about the yeild. Depends on the potency...
You can use olive oil infusion like I do for Rock candy like lollies. .
Working with sugar is a bit more complex and you need to understand how crystals work. Also don't bother making any hard candy on a day with high humidity.
Chef out
Thanks for the sound info and advice Growmes. Have a magic weekend. :love:

And this concludes my smoke report. My friend's comments and feedback! I'm thrilled he is so high. I thought I was a lightweight but he is a big guy and smokes a lot more than I do. If he is getting this high, then I am very happy!!! Viva top of table winter photo grows viva!

Screenshot (374).png
Screenshot (375).png

You did well Carmen!
Thank you Stunger. I think I achieved a lot when I think of what I set out to do. I learnt so much this grow. I never imagined I'd be able to pull it off as well as it worked out. I'm planning on doing another winter photo grow this year. I am going to give the ShedTent a tweak to make life easier this time and I see if I can run a heater and see if that helps things too. I will try to monitor the humidity this time too and see if there are any neat things I can learn to get it to where it should be.

I love great feedback!
It's such a nice feeling to know that someone likes the weed this much, you're right!

Back
Top Bottom