Winter Hash - First Attempt - Help!

Oh WAIT, you guys....now to preface this...I want a pic back of @Joe Brewster rolling his eyes :thedoubletake: .....
She's ready to roll - get it "ROLL"... Oh Man, I crack myself up!!!!!:rofl:
6.5" square by 12" long, roughly...I put 1/4" metal mesh on first to take the brunt of the force of the weed falling as it tumbles, then my silk screen mesh on last. This little thing turns so effortlessly!!! It will be fun once I get another -25 C day to run the stuff thru again to see what kind of yield I get. I know I didn't shake it near long enough the first 2 runs.
DSC05740.JPG

DSC05743.JPG
DSC05747.JPG

DSC05746.JPG

But I must say...Thank you @Joe Brewster for all your guidance...now if I can just master all the science, soil, chemistry stuff...I'm no Rocket Surgeon!!!:hmmmm: I will feel like I am getting somewhere!!!!:thedoubletake:
It's a proud moment when you can sit back & look at an accomplishment. Just the other day I had to pat myself on the back, when my computer died.
Panic mode :eek:set in when it would not start back up again.
Started checking things, power supply good, hard drive good, motherboard 5 leaky capacitors WTF
So look thru the junk pile, find old motherboard with same capacitors & swap them out.
Bingo Bang Go Fixed it :yahoo:

"Rollita" Looks good only suggestion, needs a motor, cause your still standing there turning it freezing your Toezies :rofl:
Maybe slap on a cordless drill, after letting it freeze.

Bingo Bang Go Fixed it :yahoo:

"Rollita" Looks good only suggestion, needs a motor, cause your still standing there turning it freezing your Toezies :rofl:
Maybe slap on a cordless drill, after letting it freeze.
Wow - I applaud you digging into a computer!!! :bravo: I don't have the nerve for that!!! I'll tackle damn near anything else but computers....Nope!!!
Now, do you seriously think I will leave this thing alone???? Nope - already have dragged out two little 12 volt motors for car seats that I picked up at Princess Auto years ago!!! But look at you, jumping on the automated, machine powered Weed Sifting System!!!! Joe, come to the dark side!!!!
Maybe one of those flexible dremel extensions hooked up to a windmill???? Holy crap!!! I'm not stoned but I got my hydro bill yesterday!!!!! I gotta start thinking outside the box!!!:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I'm no Rocket Surgeon!!!
Maybe not, but you are a craftsman!
Not only is that a great idea, but it's also a beautiful piece of work!
Nice job, greenjeans!

Here's a big "Rollita" for you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wow - I admire the ability to restore those classic cars!!! :bravo: I never leaned into that stuff but I would love to have a real old truck, I mean 1927 Whippet old!!
I love that rotating lift!!! That's what I would need - If I can't work at waist height - I ain't doin' it!!!!
I'm going to have to look into this thread more closely - guitars, pedals and amps etc. - my passion, as a Blues Harp player, was trying to get "that sound" - I used a Shure Mic, Blues Driver pedal, thru a 1957 Fender Vibro-champ tube amp.
Better go check out that thread now.....

I've been working on gearing up a motor for Rollita - a seat adjusting motor seems the best - now I'm trying to figure out the pullies etc. The best motor has a threaded shaft but my attempts to make a geared pully when south.....so then on the lathe I made a couple of wooden pullies - nope, they split!! Holy crap, don't tell me I have to go to town and spend money???!!!!????
I will find something that works......it's right here somewhere....damn, it's suppertime and I think I figured it out!!!! use a rubber hose off the end of the threaded shaft direct to the end of the tumbler shaft!!! Oh Boy!! Something to look forward to in the morning!!! :yahoo: The motor rotates at about 50 rpm and I was aiming for 40 but I think it will work!!!
Pictures (or smoke) to follow!!! :thedoubletake:
Where you at @Joe Brewster - you were supposed to have this solved for me by now!!!! :rofl:

so then on the lathe I made a couple of wooden pullies - nope, they split!!
Need to make them out of aluminum, want to learn?
Is that just a wood lathe you got?
I have a small lathe, mill & drill also a smelter

I have a small lathe, mill & drill also a smelter
Oh, can you just imagine the trouble I could get into????!!!!!???? :rofl: My business before I retired was Steel Rule Die manufacturer, but that involves mostly bending of 28 thou. sharpened metal to cut out shapes - boxes, labels etc. I still do a lot of manipulation of metal but just hacking around - nothing precise.

OK, I think I got this all sorted!!!! I have a Transformer that can adjust to 12 - 9 - 7.5 - 6 - 4.5 - 3 volts DC and I find if I run this 12v seat adjusting motor on 6v it runs at a nice speed. I wish I could video this - it runs so silent and sweet!!!! And while I don't wish to change today's weather for -30C I am anxious to give Rollita Plus a whirl!!!
"a whirl" - Get it?? :rofl: Oh Man, I crack myself up!!!!:rofl:
DSC05770.JPG

DSC05771.JPG

The motor and Rollita are not a direct connection - the 2" round chunk of ash, which slips over the threaded gear, has two screwnails which turn the piece of nylon that is fastened to the spindle of Rollita.
Edit: this picture makes it hard to see - but - the 5/16" threaded rod on the right has two nuts that clamp the white chunk of nylon - then - the two wood screws that are in the round chunk of ash are on either side of the nylon!!

In honour of my new found fondness for hash I made this pipe. It has three cooling chambers that also allow any ash etc. someplace to go before it gets to me!!
DSC05776.JPG

The chambers are connected by 1/8" holes drilled at an angle and the bowl on top has three small holes surrounding the divet. The stem is press fit and I usually use a layer of paper towel as a filter. The mouthpiece is treated with wax as a sealer.

OK, I think I got this all sorted!!!! I have a Transformer that can adjust to 12 - 9 - 7.5 - 6 - 4.5 - 3 volts DC and I find if I run this 12v seat adjusting motor on 6v it runs at a nice speed. I wish I could video this - it runs so silent and sweet!!!! And while I don't wish to change today's weather for -30C I am anxious to give Rollita Plus a whirl!!!
"a whirl" - Get it?? :rofl: Oh Man, I crack myself up!!!!:rofl:
DSC05770.JPG

DSC05771.JPG

The motor and Rollita are not a direct connection - the 2" round chunk of ash, which slips over the threaded gear, has two screwnails which turn the piece of nylon that is fastened to the spindle of Rollita.
Edit: this picture makes it hard to see - but - the 5/16" threaded rod on the right has two nuts that clamp the white chunk of nylon - then - the two wood screws that are in the round chunk of ash are on either side of the nylon!!
What is the RPM on that?
I would image that it would have to be slow enough so it doesn't stick to walls due to centrifuge.

Nice pipe! Cooling chambers are brilliant. :thumb: The cooler the hit, the smoother the hit. :hookah:As for the paper towel filter........ :rofl: Are screens hard to come by in your neck of the woods?

Cheers!

Hey Scott - I didn't time the old configuration - but I'm guessing 65 - 75 which was quicker than I wanted and since it hasn't turned cold yet (relatively speaking) I thought why not go a bit further....this one turns at about 30 rpm.
DSC05779.JPG

I wish I could get a video - I'm fairly pleased with the outcome!! It is geared 3:1
Just as a side note (I always brag about my scrounging) I was driving thru a rural subdivision near me and noticed a pile of 4'x4' x1/4" white nylon he used for an outdoor rink - SCORE- that was years ago and I'm still makin' stuff with it - Like gears!!

Are screens hard to come by in your neck of the woods?
Lots of screens but I'm trying to replicate a filter like cigarrettes have. I don't really like to smoke
but it gives such a nice hit!!!! :smokin:

Hey Scott - I didn't time the old configuration - but I'm guessing 65 - 75 which was quicker than I wanted and since it hasn't turned cold yet (relatively speaking) I thought why not go a bit further....this one turns at about 30 rpm.
DSC05779.JPG

I wish I could get a video - I'm fairly pleased with the outcome!! It is geared 3:1
Just as a side note (I always brag about my scrounging) I was driving thru a rural subdivision near me and noticed a pile of 4'x4' x1/4" white nylon he used for an outdoor rink - SCORE- that was years ago and I'm still makin' stuff with it - Like gears!!

Lots of screens but I'm trying to replicate a filter like cigarrettes have. I don't really like to smoke
but it gives such a nice hit!!!! :smokin:
Awesome gear-work, bro! :goodjob:

So 30 RPM @ 3:1 cuts it down to 10 RPM of 1 turn per 6 seconds. Am imagining it and it seems to be a perfect speed.

I really should see about filling my old CO2 ext. for the dry ice. Your device with a bit of dry ice would maximize the triche extraction.

There IS also bubble-hash... Have you tried that?

Cheers!

So 30 RPM @ 3:1 cuts it down to 10 RPM of 1 turn per 6 seconds.
Nope - maybe the ratio should be called 1:3 - I don't know what the nomenclater is!! The screen drum rotates at 30 rpm.
There IS also bubble-hash... Have you tried that?
I'm, so far, sticking to stuff that I don't need to go purchase other stuff to make - haven't I mentioned how much I hate to go to town??:laugh:

If I could ask, what is the going price on the street, in the US, for a gram of hash?
Not sure, I'm C'najun but I don't know the price of anything!! :laugh::hmmmm::laugh:
Good question - now I wanna know!!! :thedoubletake:
Might be only you and I lookin' at this - but - you never know!!!!

If I could ask, what is the going price on the street, in the US, for a gram of hash?
In the ninety's was $20-$25 Can. a gram in the prairies, don't have a clue now

Back
Top Bottom