Winter Hash

it's time to make some winter hash. anybody else got winter blues , now is the best time for winter hash
all you need is -30 c degrees, a 100 micron nylon strainer bag, and a garbage bag
just like having a walk in freezer :D

put all your leaf, larf or popcorn bud in the nylon bag then put that in the garbage bag
leave outside in -30 c for 4 hours, hold strainer bag with garbage wrapped around & shake for 5-10 min
( probably closer to 5 min It's d*m cold outside )
go inside, pour out all your beautiful trichomes & press into hash
you can shake it a couple of times
:passitleft:

Hash in minutes, No fuss, no mess
When life gives you lemons (or in this case freezing cold) , take advantage
Why should I waste my money on dry ice or mess with ice water

Did my shake last night, got quite a nice return
now to stick it all together

IMG_2594.JPG

WINTER HASH!!!!!! When it gets that cold all I've been doing is feeding the wood to the stove and making dry sift with screens. Got me feeling like a dumb %&"* way out in left field! I missed it all together, what a great idea. Thanks.
hi odjob, you're welcome. this is also a great time to make honey oil
after sifting there's always still some left
I like the fact that my alcohol never warms up, while I'm filtering in the sub zero temperatures
helping to keep the plant waxes out of my honey oil

here's a picture of my hash pressed into blocks

IMG_2599.JPG

Did a shake on all my trim from last year, temps hit a bone chilling -38 c last night
As you can see my third shake didn't result in very much, but it shows me it's mostly trichomes that are getting through the 100 micron bag & not plant material . By the third shake the leaves are getting lot more busted up

easy as can be, took only a few minutes and less than $10 .
Glad I didn't waste my money on bubble bags :D

I will now wash w/ alcohol, the trim to see how much resin is left
Also have some bud material, I didn't care for straining right now, in the -30 weather

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

enjoy that friend,, i do mine,, i have some critical purple kush to do that with,, it is yummy to the max,, so much flavour,,

happy new year indeed

Just did a shaking on the big leaves, so don't forget about those too
waste not want not
As you can see as soon as it warmed up it's already clumping together
Not as tasty as the small leaves but can still smell the sweet zombie & tropicanna banana when playing with it

IMG_3133.JPG

And here we have big leaf sift turned into a ball of hash
I start by setting my ss steamer pan on the wood stove, with a razor blade keep moving the pile around ,keeping it on the thinner side , so all the sift warms evenly .
When it starts to melt & stick to the pan scrape it off. Push into the corner & with gloved hand start kneading it like dough . when it feels like it is sticky enough Squeeze into a ball
allow to cool, wrap in plastic wrap

If you want darker & sticker hash apply more Heat , but the more heat you apply you start to lose some THC from vaporization

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

it's time to make some winter hash. anybody else got winter blues , now is the best time for winter hash
all you need is -30 c degrees, a 100 micron nylon strainer bag, and a garbage bag
just like having a walk in freezer :D

put all your leaf, larf or popcorn bud in the nylon bag then put that in the garbage bag
leave outside in -30 c for 4 hours, hold strainer bag with garbage wrapped around & shake for 5-10 min
( probably closer to 5 min It's d*m cold outside )
go inside, pour out all your beautiful trichomes & press into hash
you can shake it a couple of times
:passitleft:

Hash in minutes, No fuss, no mess
When life gives you lemons (or in this case freezing cold) , take advantage
Why should I waste my money on dry ice or mess with ice water
Sounds good Brewsterman and 100 sounds right. I tried a 73 once and was inpure and couldn't stick it.
I will try your method .
I also have a 2 by 3 inch hash press, but as mentionned, didn't work out well with the impurities.

With my bubble hash, I use a bread mixer with the heart-shaped tool. Leave the bowl, tool and the weed outside all night and mix in with plenty of well crushed ice. If not crushed small enough, the mixer will send them flying, even with a towel draped over. I do yield 9 grams plus from an ounce.

By leaf, do you mean sugar leaf. My fan leafs dont show any triches at all.... And what the heck is larf? lol
Popcorn bud is great for hash, easy release.

Cheers.

By leaf, do you mean sugar leaf. My fan leafs dont show any triches at all.... And what the heck is larf? lol
Popcorn bud is great for hash, easy release.

Cheers.
Both I separate my big fans & sugar trim leaves & shake separately . "My fan leafs dont show any triches at all" look on the bottom side with microscope I get more of a blonde hash from the big fan leaves & if heated to point of melt my sugar leaf hash will turn black & gooey
I prefer to allow it to turn black with slow heat & pressure (days, bricks on top, on the back of wood stove )

The blonde hash hits decent but doesn't have long lasting effects

Larf = leafy small buds not worth trimming

I also wash my sugar leaf & small bud after shaking, to make honey oil

IMG_3614.JPG

Both I separate my big fans & sugar trim leaves & shake separately . "My fan leafs dont show any triches at all" look on the bottom side with microscope I get more of a blonde hash from the big fan leaves & if heated to point of melt my sugar leaf hash will turn black & gooey
I prefer to allow it to turn black with slow heat & pressure (days, bricks on top, on the back of wood stove )

The blonde hash hits decent but doesn't have long lasting effects

Larf = leafy small buds not worth trimming

IMG_3614.JPG
Nice reply, thank you. Will def. give your method a shake next winter. Only have a 120 grain bag so lesser yield but more I expect.

Interesting about the honey-oil. Why do you wash them first? Do you use Food grain alcohol,propolyn alcohol with vegetable glycerin? I tried oil that they teach on you-tube, even vapes. Not impressed.

Again, thanks.

Nice reply, thank you. Will def. give your method a shake next winter. Only have a 120 grain bag so lesser yield but more I expect.

Interesting about the honey-oil. Why do you wash them first? Do you use Food grain alcohol,propolyn alcohol with vegetable glycerin? I tried oil that they teach on you-tube, even vapes. Not impressed.

Again, thanks.
I have used Isopropyl or homebrew ,I got from a friend
I make my oil in the winter, also when -30
you need the cold temps to get the honey, quick wash , strain in the cold , than into the distiller
do a search for honey oil, with my name, for some pics of my low cost setup

I have used Isopropyl or homebrew ,I got from a friend
I make my oil in the winter, also when -30
you need the cold temps to get the honey, quick wash , strain in the cold , than into the distiller
do a search for honey oil, with my name, for some pics of my low cost setup
Thanks, Brewster!
I tried the search on you tube to no avail.
I am really interested in your methods, your gooey hash looks fantasic. :thumb:

I tried a 420 search also. I don't mean to be demanding but are you able to send me a link?

Much appreciated if you can.

Cheers!

Well Antarctic decided to take a dump on us, went down to -34 last night, Hash making time again :woohoo: Only for a couple days crazy how it can go from -5 to -35 in a couple days. will be back to mild temps in a couple days
So first up is the trim from before flip, all the leaves from lollipop & defoil , about 1/2 of 5-gal pail
Will use this to make some brownies

Next Batch is from the bud trim, about 12 baggies

crazy how it can go from -5 to -35 in a couple days

That's a shock to the system!!! But the only reason I'm looking forward to those temps is to give this a go!!! I'm constructing my screens now!!! I was going to build a screen system that I could put in my trommel but got to thinkin' that the triches would want to drop back down into the screen every rotation so I'm going back to a simple shaker box.
Now I'm waiting for two days of -30 C - but - only two days!!! That's all - 2 days!!! :nervous-guy:

Hey Joe, That's a pretty nice haul!!!

Back
Top Bottom