Winter Is Coming! The Quest For The Iron Throne! A High Brix Quadline Breeding Project!

Holy crap Magoo when you going to find time/space to run all these things?
That hasn’t entered this equation. :rofl:

No. A lot of it just depends on me getting a larger space which I’m in the market for. Or a changing of the laws which may happen sooner than later. Worse case scenario I preserve them for a while and then let them go. Lol....sounds good!

So I got the grow room cleaned up real good today in preparation for the next round. I thought since I had some time I would do some environmental checks. Humidity is gonna be an issue. I ran the light and the fan on low for a while and recorded the Rh in the room at 45ish and in the tent at 31. I turned on the evaporative humidifier in the room and was able to get room rh up to 60 and tent rh up to 40. I won’t have room in the tent to put the humidifier in there. Never had much luck with that anyway. I would love to be able to get the rh in the tent up to 60. Or at least close to that. Temps in tent were a steady 72F. I’m thinking about buying a piece of insulation board to go under the tent just to add a layer between the cold floor and the tent. Another thing I noticed is a drop of rh of about 6% when the dryer is running (laundry room).

Any suggestions on ways to get that rh up in the tent?

Plants in the tent should raise the Rh some.
Thank PW! I’m debating buying a bigger humidifier for the room but I hate to waste the money if I can do it another way.

Also, looking to add some crystals to the garden this time around. Don’t know if there is anything to that practice but I don’t suppose it will hurt. Lol. I’ll do a little write up on the ones I’ll be using and the benefits once I start the new journal.

Is the temperature of the room substantially less than the tent? That would be the problem then. Every 10°C / 18°F the water carrying capacity doubles, so with that rise the rh will be cut in half. Your choices are to heat the room, add humidity directly to the tent, or accept it.

I put the tent against the outside wall of my home. I got condensation on the wall of the tent during lights out, and put insulation between it and the wall to correct this.

So I got the grow room cleaned up real good today in preparation for the next round. I thought since I had some time I would do some environmental checks. Humidity is gonna be an issue. I ran the light and the fan on low for a while and recorded the Rh in the room at 45ish and in the tent at 31. I turned on the evaporative humidifier in the room and was able to get room rh up to 60 and tent rh up to 40. I won’t have room in the tent to put the humidifier in there. Never had much luck with that anyway. I would love to be able to get the rh in the tent up to 60. Or at least close to that. Temps in tent were a steady 72F. I’m thinking about buying a piece of insulation board to go under the tent just to add a layer between the cold floor and the tent. Another thing I noticed is a drop of rh of about 6% when the dryer is running (laundry room).

Any suggestions on ways to get that rh up in the tent?
I have been experimenting with this RH control and trying to stay in the vpd sweet spot. What penny said about the plants being in there is spot on. I am getting humidity spikes after watering...10g pots hold a lot of water and put off a lot of moisture in the air......but I can't control my humidity as well as the temperature...so I have been adjusting my temps with a space heater and that affects the RH.....if my humidity is higher than I would like I raise the temp a few degrees and the RH drops.....and vice versa. Hope this helps.

Is the temperature of the room substantially less than the tent? That would be the problem then. Every 10°C / 18°F the water carrying capacity doubles, so with that rise the rh will be cut in half. Your choices are to heat the room, add humidity directly to the tent, or accept it.

I put the tent against the outside wall of my home. I got condensation on the wall of the tent during lights out, and put insulation between it and the wall to correct this.

Thanks, a very nice bit of INFORMATION I did not know
"Every 10°C / 18°F the water carrying capacity doubles"

Yes I also had to use the THICK Foam sheet insulation on the side of my tent that
is up against the UN-heated garage wall, seemed that side of the tent always ran a few
degrees less, between that and the large heat mat hung on that side of the tent I turn on
during those really cold nights it keeps things a bit more stable

Actually the temps yesterday during the test were around 68F in the room. 72 in the tent with the light on. So the room was 68* and ~60% rh with the tent reading 72* and 40%rh. The tent sits in a corner of the house so 2 outside walls. Also one of the openings in the tent (the lower rectangular screen opening on the side) sits right next to the floor vent for the room. That screen opening is probably where it gets most of the air flow from since the other are against walls. Well about 2-3 inches from the walls anyway.

Last of the Black Friday order arrived today. Pure Michigan. It’s a collaboration between 3rd Coast Genetics and Thugpug. Oreoz 1.0 x Mendobreath F2 (Studley Spewright). Same male that made the Pugsbreath and many other great frosty strains. Everything I’ve read or seen seems like it is an amazing strain.
C01C4648-6337-4E77-AC67-7ED2CAA84E32.jpeg
A23DDE84-CB86-4DAC-B7C1-C73EA3A780AB.jpeg
CC8DE898-C13D-430F-8BBA-248F7E398B68.jpeg

Freebies were Purple Cactus. Can’t find anything about those. Lol

what I found regarding Purple Cactus...

First bred by Jordan of the Islands, Cactus is an indica cross between Afghani and Northern Lightsand is named after its vague resemblance to the pear cactus. Cactus buds are conic with knobby formations and emit an organic earthy aroma with citrus notes. This strain is known to be an adept painkiller, providing relief to aches and sore muscles as well as spasms and anxiety. Many describe Cactus as having uplifting, energizing effects. It has become a popular staple among the connoisseurs of Seattle, and was among the first place winners in the 2012 High Times Cannabis Cup.

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

what I found regarding Purple Cactus...

First bred by Jordan of the Islands, Cactus is an indica cross between Afghani and Northern Lightsand is named after its vague resemblance to the pear cactus. Cactus buds are conic with knobby formations and emit an organic earthy aroma with citrus notes. This strain is known to be an adept painkiller, providing relief to aches and sore muscles as well as spasms and anxiety. Many describe Cactus as having uplifting, energizing effects. It has become a popular staple among the connoisseurs of Seattle, and was among the first place winners in the 2012 High Times Cannabis Cup.

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...
Good info there h00k. Thanks for that brother. Sounds promising!

Back
Top Bottom