Winter Is Coming! The Quest For The Iron Throne! A High Brix Quadline Breeding Project!

Thank ya HH. Been thinking about having to trim all these girls....hope they all don’t finish at the same time! Lol
Lol, yes that does seem like something to consider!! o_O Lots a boxes and maybe a tent to dry in?

Thanks everybody! While in the tent last night I noticed the the humidity had gotten up in the low 70s recently. The dehumidifier adds a lot of heat to the room so I think I will be running it during lights out which is when the humidity spikes anyway. Hopefully with the lights out the temp spike won’t put it too high. Fingers crossed!

Let’s start with BCO1. She got some water with tea tonight and some Brix spray. I tied a few of her branches up to try and reign her in a little. Here she is!
Damn that BC01 and GG4 looks amazing! Leaning in all directions under the weight of those buds :laughtwo: not too much longer for them to go by the look of it! The Pugsbreath sure is something special! :thedoubletake::bravo:

Bring on the Snow Show! Damn brotha!
:bravo:

Colder than a polar bear's toenails...
Thanks P! It’s a bit chilly for sure!
No ways! You're well stacked up on beans Magoo. :nomo:

:rofl::goof::laugh:
This is true! And I just saw some more I want.....must resist.
Buds looking great, Brother! :high-five: How's the smell on those BCO's? :yummy:
Thanks Krip! They all smell so good. But the Pugsbreath dominates the room with the smell of rancid meat. Lol. I like the smell of BCO3 the best. It’s like cherry jolly ranchers. BCO2 is more like cherry cough drops. BCO1 is like a freshly cleaned room with a hint of lemon.
Damn that BC01 and GG4 looks amazing! Leaning in all directions under the weight of those buds :laughtwo: not too much longer for them to go by the look of it! The Pugsbreath sure is something special! :thedoubletake::bravo:
Thanks so much lion! I’m quite fond of them myself!

Cutting taken over a month into flower. 16 days in the cloner.
1DD8049B-22B7-4FFF-A5F9-954F35FDDE93.jpeg
That’s the Pugsbreath #1 cutting. I’m not sure the others are gonna make it, but I’m still holding out hope. I really want the GG4 to make it.

Hey @Mr. Magoo ... I have learned a lot this past week and I am going to read through your journal to try and pick up more info.

I have been growing in soil and found out there were some things I needed to differently with respect to quadlining, feeding and my light.

Things are starting to pay off now ... I first tried thing by myself ... and now I am reaching out for help and posing questions to our senior members.

I have heard about Brix twice now ... so I will pay attention to that part in particular.

This should be fun ... since I've enjoyed all your entries in the monthly contests!

Hello folks! Welcome to the new journal. As you can tell from the title....big Game of Thrones fan! So what better way to show support than to start this one today, which is also the premier of the final season of the show! Excited to see it but sad it’s coming to an end. :(
For those of you who aren’t familiar with GOT, that won’t be the focus of this journal! But for the fans, I hope it makes it even better.

So....
The goal of this grow is to try my hand at some breeding. I tried to pick a couple strains with excellent terpenes and a high probability for super frosty trichomes....after all “Winter is Coming!”

Marching under the sigil of house Stark
View media item 1671969is Pugsbreath bred by Thug Pug Genetics! This is a cross of Mendobreath f2 ultraviolet and Mendobreath f2!

Marching under the sigil of house Lannister
View media item 1671970is Black Cherry O’s bred By In-house Genetics. It is a cross of Black Cherry Punch and Dosidos!

As long as you do a "Summer Is Coming" grow this winter ... all will be good in the universe! :)

Huge GOT fan too!

THE QUADLINE METHOD!
So the quadline is the method I use for training my plants. It allows me to keep the height of my canopy under control, which is necessary in my 2x4x5 tent. But beyond that I really enjoy the hands on time with the plants during the veg stage of life. The way we manipulate the direction they grow allows us to use some of growth hormones within the plants to our advantage. Specifically the auxins, which are present in the stems (among other places). This hormone promotes elongation of the shoots. Gravity and light both play a role in how the auxins function in the plant. When we top above the 4th node, the hormones no longer focus on the main stem and are distributed into the branches below the topping. By removing the lower 2 nodes, we again manipulate the growth hormones into the branches that will have the strength to support the growth of the plant throughout its life. We are left with 4 mains to channel energy into! As we train the 4 branches out, we can remove any shoots that come from the bottom of these branches to allow for further channeling of energy where we want it! As we train out toward the edge of the pot, we want to keep a slight upward angle to the main branches. If we let them be too flat(I’m guilty of this) then the plant becomes confused and will allow the inner shoots to outgrow the ends of the main branches. This is the effect gravity has on the auxins. So we want them to have an upward angle as in nature but we want to control this so that we end up with an even canopy with lots of strong branches to hold up a lot of produce. As I do some training along the way, I’ll highlight each step so that anyone interested can see what I’ve just described. Hopefully the end result is something like this...
Special shoutout to @Asesino85 for teaching me this method!

I have quadlined all my plants so far ... I went hands-on and learned so much about how the plant grows.

I am currently running a few quadline experiments side-by-side on autoflowers:

1) Top at second node
2) Top at third node ... remove node 1 growth node ... keep node 1 fan leaves
3) Top at fourth node ... remove node 1 & 2 growth nodes ... keep node 1 & 2 fan leaves

I am not using clones or a control ... so it is less scientific and more out of interest.

Let me know if you or anyone else has experimented with quadline variations ... still lots to learn and have fun with this awesome technique!

Back
Top Bottom