Wisdom teeth pulled!

420cannaseur

So im having to finally get my wisdom teeth pulled soon and I heard it is a bad idea to smoke since it could give you dry socket and extend healing time. A friend of mine said he loaded up gauze in his mouth around said area and was able to smoke a little but anyone have experience on post wisdom teeth? Im going to be extremely bored if I cant at least be high while lounging and taking it easy for a week or so. I have a brownie or 2 but they might get eaten up before this happens haha. thanks in advance!

i've smoked after extractions (not wisdom teeth) with no problems but i covered the hole with gauze and tried to direct the smoke to the other side of my mouth. i also took very small light hits. you don't want to hit so hard that you create suction on the extraction site. i'm not suggesting you do the same, but you asked.

disclaimer: i'm no dentist so my opinion is not worth much :cool:

u gotta vape or access to 1? u dont want to pull the bloodclot out, a.k.a. dry socket ... if u can vape then u wont have to toke, i got my wisdoms out years ago and smoked very gently with no problem ... good luck to u ... :peace:

i smoked about an hour before i had mine pulled, no problem for me. but everyone is different, good luck

Have had two teeth removed. Was warned about dry socket. Smoked MJ and cigarettes.

Dry socket HURTS!!!

If you ever get the chance to try it...

Yeah, I'd wholeheartedly recommend against it lol.

I figured it was the cigarettes that did it, factory roll and a filter and all that.

Pull the clot out and you have a gaping wound the dimensions of which are where the tooth was - and the nerve - until it heals/re-clots.

Oh yeah, apply suction, superheated air, and noxious chemical deposits to that.

They don't make a painkiller that is adequate for a full-blown toothache. It is not like a broken nose, hand, rib or your average car wreck; your body is trying to get your brain to realize the fact that yes, a bad tooth really can kill you (eventually) and it would like you to Take Steps Now.

It is always best to walk on tiptoe around such a survival mechanism.

So, if you smoke cigarettes... Gee, I dunno, arrange to have yourself placed into a coma directly after the procedure.

For MJ, no tightly-rolled joints or clogged screens - but those are avoided in general. An icewater bong, perhaps. I got paranoid and didn't smoke with anyone else for a week or so (the average human mouth is a wasteland).

They don't make a painkiller that is adequate for a full-blown toothache.

you must have some crazy nerve endings in your mouth.... the painkillers the doctor gives me works great for a toothach.. no pain, but thats just me.

You're probably not supposed to get into a long-term "battle of wills" with a bad tooth I guess.

Then again... Have this issue with local anesthetic failing to work no matter how many times they give the shots, wait, start to work, get moved backwards when I come out of the chair howling, give more shots, wait, etc.

Thus the idiotic decisions to put off the dental work.

It's an expensive PITA to have to go to a dental surgeon & get the IV knockout just for a "simple" extraction.

Had a dentist once who's prior career was in a contact sport and he was pretty cool. Crank up the volume on the stereo to "chromosome mutation," enough anesthesia to numb you to your toes, gas (, gas, and more GAS) enough that you might well drop back into reality from time to time to casually mention (mumble/drool) that it feels like he is mining your mouth for minerals with hand grenades and you're that you're going back to happily ignoring him for a while. Oh, and he didn't slip, could probably dislocate your jaw to reach that tooth quicker/easier and then pop it back into place without breaking a sweat.

His services cost more than the crown jewels, but were quite the bargain. Ahh, dental insurance - I mourn your passing.

if you suck with force, like pulling from a joint, you will pop the socket.
the only way around this is to...

a. have someone give you shotguns, while you inhale, no sucking.
b. fill a Volcano bag with vapor and squeeze the bag so the vapor goes into your mouth, inhale, no sucking.
c. have someone fill you a bong rip, then have them blow through the hole where the hitter goes, while you inhale from the top, no sucking.

had all 4 pulled at once and popped 2 sockets from smoking, learned the hard way, glad i can share with you to save you that process...;)

dang that sucks 420,

but yeah like 420 said "inhale, no sucking".. thats the perfect way to say it.

thanks for all the info! looks like I might just have to hold off til they heal up enough so its safe cause I want to avoid dry socket at all cost! Any idea how long it will be till I dont have to worry about dry socket?

Back
Top Bottom