Withdrawal symptoms

Footprints26

Hello! I am new to this and only posted once before! I just was talking with a friend and she was telling me that people can have withdrawal symptoms from not having any weed in there system for a couple days.. Is this true? And how long do you have to be smoking for you to have withdrawal symptoms if it’s true?

Varies on the person among a bunch of other variables, can't realistically put a number on it anywhere. IMHO mostly a psychological withdrawal than a physical one (like cigarettes/nicotine which is both, which is why it's harder to quit those).

I've been a daily moderate user for 25-30 years. I sometimes present physical withdrawal symptoms. Sweating, shaking ,weakness and definitely irritability. But this is few and far between. Mostly because I usually have some on hand.It makes me wonder if I didn't buy something that was laced a couple of times. Or if it is a psychological manifestation causing my body to react in a negative way.

The few times in my life when I didn’t have access to pot for more than a few days resulted in distinct dream changes. I found that dreams were way more intense/colourful. Other than that I didn’t notice any physiological or psychological effects upon cessation.

I've been a 2-6 times a day toker for around 15 years, but I've taken a few breaks to let the smoke clear. The only two things I have experienced are insomnia and vivid dreams, both of which are kinda normally a problem for me anyways. Since I was really little I have had strange dreams that will mess with my head for days at a time, some of them are reoccurring and have been for over a decade. They are always worst two or three days after going cold turkey, but when I smoke again they go away completely that same night. I have heard of people getting mild hot flashes or excessively sweating, and an old friend's dad would turn into a wicked jerk when he didn't have weed. Psychologically for me it just seems like something is missing, kind of like the boredom after finishing a good book I guess.

It's good to take a timeout sometimes all the same, I've gone months and months of being constantly stoned and it grinds on you in a way. If you're a boy scout like me and don't drive or do important things baked then it's nice to be able to not worry about it at all.

Interesting to see the similar dream response, though not unexpected. My friends have reported changed dreams as well. Since dreams are tied to the conversion of short term to long term memory it makes sense. We tokers have notoriously bad short term memory.

It may only be a way of justifying my usage but I believe we each know how to properly self medicate. I knew at about the age of ten I would experiment with drugs, after reading an article about Albert Hoffman, who documented some of the first experiments with LSD. Using current diagnostic labels I think I was autistic spectrum growing up. OK so maybe I still am.

Stoned in public is a problem. Amongst friends who understand is the best.

Back
Top Bottom