Woke up this morning to this - Help

frosown

Soooo, there was a mild storm last night, but the winds got quite heavy last night. I wasn't sure if there is an exact way to fix this, but i've seen grows where they purposely bend the stem like this as a form of LST, should I be worried? She will only be outdoors for another 2 weeks, then switched to indoors. Opinions??
Stem is literally 180 degrees.

20140725_103609.jpg

You're fine. That was the stem saying "Hey, I want more light." and grew so all the leaves could get as much light as possible. If the bend really bothers you, you can always just slide the plant a little in the direction it's bending in. It'll straighten back out. Conversely, you could also just slide it a little more in the direction opposite, and tease it to grow a little more to that direction.

As long as the stem didnt actually break (which it does not appear to have) then youre ok.

Many of us purposely bend over branches (called LST). I do it often when plants are too close to the roof or too close to eachother.

I'll be honest, I'd actually consider training it to grow that way. could be interesting

By all the things people are telling me, why not! Gives the plant 2 less inches of stem and 2 more of bud thats all I really see :)
Thank you guys all so much, definitely cleared my mind.

Back
Top Bottom