WOLFtick3t's Perpetual Auto Tent 2020

Space heater installed and set to 21 C or about 70 F. Hopefully this will keep things nice and warm and the humidity down.

Finally blew a breaker. So far I've had the entire tent running on two plugs from the same outlet. I ran another extension from an outlet up on the deck and we're back in business. Other than one more fan I'm not planning on adding anything else to the tent at this point.

I think I'll have to admit defeat on the third blackberry, but the other two look just fine. I can't decide what's up with the cheese, they just look sickly. Maybe I should have held off on the nutes. Although they are still growing and the stems are nice and thick given how squat they are.

I'll switch the lights to 20/4 either tonight or tomorrow.

Really not much to do after that until Friday when I pop the three Bubba seeds. I hope...

added the space heater and suddenly everything is much better. Temps up, humidity down.

7C81A189-4F42-4E1D-B1B5-D72884E81461.png

D344E140-D4E0-4EB3-B87E-B83D96EF12CC.png

027D109E-E3B8-45EB-937D-80635F147319.jpeg

640FF1BC-1D24-4599-A76E-AE551A74B6F1.jpeg

E4BBCDD5-639F-4D31-B4B3-FB816945B878.jpeg

The three cheese are doing okay. The front one is a little light green for my liking but I don’t think it’s a lack of nitrogen. Then the middle one has some weird spots on the lower leaves, looks almost like burns. Some of it might have been stress from the move to the tent, not really sure, just monitoring for now. They‘re all nice and squat and seem to be growing well still.

Watered the cheese. Half strength nutrients. 5 L water and 10ml each advanced nutrients micro, grow and bloom. Also trimmed their bottom leaves. Looking much better.

Set three Bubba Auto from Humboldt Seed Organization to pop using saucers and paper towel method.

Humidity is too low, down around 25-30 percent. Set up my Inkbird humidity controller and plugged the humidifier and dehumidifier in.

Full steam ahead!

added the space heater and suddenly everything is much better. Temps up, humidity down.

7C81A189-4F42-4E1D-B1B5-D72884E81461.png

D344E140-D4E0-4EB3-B87E-B83D96EF12CC.png

027D109E-E3B8-45EB-937D-80635F147319.jpeg

640FF1BC-1D24-4599-A76E-AE551A74B6F1.jpeg

E4BBCDD5-639F-4D31-B4B3-FB816945B878.jpeg

The three cheese are doing okay. The front one is a little light green for my liking but I don’t think it’s a lack of nitrogen. Then the middle one has some weird spots on the lower leaves, looks almost like burns. Some of it might have been stress from the move to the tent, not really sure, just monitoring for now. They‘re all nice and squat and seem to be growing well still.

The burning on the bottom looks like it's just from water drops on the leaves. The one with the pink marker anyways.

They look like they may be getting too much water.

I don’t think I’ve overwatered them, but I could be wrong. The pots were wet when they were planted and I believe I’ve watered them three times now. Why the one is so much lighter green is a mystery to me, they’ve all been treated exactly the same.

The blackberry have suffered a little from the low humidity, I think, we’re back up to 60% but from now on I’ll be starting all the plants indoors where I know it’s going to be a constant 45-50% humidity and I can wander by and spray them a couple times each day.

Not looking too shabby for the first few plants in a new tent. Not really doing any training on the White Cheese girls, just some leaf tucking. Might try a full feed next time the pots are feeling light and see how they do with that as they get closer to flowering.

Temps staying at 21 degrees (70 f) and humidity varies quite a lot depending on the weather but seems to be sitting at between 50 and 60 pretty reliably this week which I like a lot better than 20 or 30.

Two Bubba germinated, third did not, looking like they're sprouting today under the blurple inside, I'm going to pop two more this Friday and hope they both work out. I think I've been leaving them a little too long in the paper towel, 12-24 hours longer than necessary, and should toss them into pots a little earlier.

All in all pretty happy with how things are going, no disasters, steep learning curve but that's to be expected.

IMG_20191204_002752.jpg

IMG_20191204_003123.jpg

IMG_20191204_003126.jpg

IMG_20191204_003131.jpg

All the tent girls. Still kinda thinking I stunted the two Blackberry. Trimmed the Cheese.
730DE8E5-ED1D-4CA3-8B1A-87087AA87760.jpeg

The right side back corner cheese. Is that flowering? That looks like flowering.
9B6BB6E3-2BC7-4EE4-86D9-29BEDD0CD756.jpeg

Temps for the week.
8F87617C-E5A1-4060-96C9-BEB6090BA50C.png

Humidity for the week.
AA4B9B55-EBC0-4C1A-8227-E81D444CED4C.png

Two more Bubba germinated and stuck under the indoor light with the previous two that are already there. That will hopefully be 4 Bubba within about a week of each other and then I’ll pop the last two cheese this Friday.

I guess if we’re starting to flower (at 4 weeks?) I should move the temps up a bit and keep the humidity at or under 60% as much as possible.

Four Bubba above ground. Looking pretty good. One had the husk/shell stuck on longer than I’d have liked but seems to be doing fine now. I think I nailed the germination and planting schedule on the two most recent, I barely let them pop in the saucers, just enough to see the taproot and then put them in the pots and so far I like the results.

Still messing around trying to figure out why I’m getting some curling on the Cheese girls. I don’t think it’s anything too major though. One of the BlackBerry girls is a write off I think, still small, just doesn’t look healthy. The other is doing fine I think. Lesson learned, don’t put seedlings in a tent if the humidity could drop below 40%.

Today I’ll put two more cheese seeds in the saucers to pop, and it will almost be time to move the first two Bubba to the tent. They’ll go under the CMH lights, the first ones to do so.

All in all, moving along nicely. Another few weeks and the tent should be filling up.

Yup you've got flowers bud! Congrats it's a girl! Lol

You really should have temps a little warmer than they are, for veg or flower it'll also help knock the humidity down a little bit.

Veg plants like minimal temperature difference from day to night. Flowering plants like a bigger temperature differential from day to night, also helps bring out any natural coloring they may have.

:thumb:

Great minds, Turbo! I bumped the space heater up this morning and adjusted the exhaust fan a little.

I think the leaf curling is at least nitrogen toxicity, a little heavy on the nutrients maybe, and/or the soil is a little hotter than what I've used in the past. I'll do a few feeds just PH'ed water and see how that changes things.

Great minds, Turbo! I bumped the space heater up this morning and adjusted the exhaust fan a little.

I think the leaf curling is at least nitrogen toxicity, a little heavy on the nutrients maybe, and/or the soil is a little hotter than what I've used in the past. I'll do a few feeds just PH'ed water and see how that changes things.

It's very likely from the low temps. Lower metabolism. Yea skipping a feed or two may not be a bad idea

They've already perked up. Steady 24 C (75 F) and humidity more like 50% than 60%.

I think I'm going to end things for the damaged Bubba and the Blackberry that's failing to thrive. No sense in wasting space and resources. Better to learn the lessons and move on.

Man, it is surprisingly hard to kill baby plants. Ripping them out by the roots just feels wrong.

Two cheese germinated and planted. Waiting for them to sprout. About to move the eldest Bubba to the tent, as soon as the cheese sprout.

Temps and humidity much better. Now the oldest cheese girls are looking a little nitrogen deficient possibly which is all making me think autos are much more finicky than regular cannabis. I've heard that but really starting to feel it. Live and learn, though. It'll get there. Just got to keep plugging away.

Other than the possible nitrogen issue two of the three are looking very promising, as far as buds. Lots of good bud sites and growing rapidly. Considering all I did was some leaf tucking and trimming I'm feeling pretty optimistic about how they're coming along.

image1.png
image0.png

No new planting until the 27th of Dec. Have it all laid out until the end of Feb, have to remember to buy some seeds before then.

Sched.PNG

Bubba #1 Is now in the tent! Looking great and ready for the rigors of tent life.

The two cheese have sprouted and are looking good so I've got two more bubba and two cheese cooking inside and three cheese, one blackberry and one bubba in the tent now.

Fed the three cheese girls with half strength nutes and added Big Bud and Bud Candy for the first time. They seem to drink more than I'd expect but otherwise mostly good and just continuing to dial in the nutes. The buds are looking very good, to my amateur eye.

Not too much to do now until the new year. I think the cheese will be ready to harvest mid to late January-ish.

IMG_20191219_150935.jpg

IMG_20191219_150956.jpg

IMG_20191219_150949.jpg

I'm going to post some photos later today, but I have a theory.

I am taking two or three week old auto seedlings from indoors under a 24-hour blurple light to the tent where they're getting 20 on 4 off.

What are the chances that this switch in light is promoting eve faster flowering from the autos? They cant just completely ignore the light cycle? Can they?

I guess I'll have to grab a timer and put the indoor light on 20/4 and see what difference, if any, it makes.

Well. The later today photos became later in the week...

Set three Skittelz to pop tonight as well. I’ve added coco, some sand and more perlite to the soil mix, as well as some alfalfa pellets.

Three cheese in the tent are looking good. Three Bubba as well. Two cheese indoors looking good. I killed the last blackberry since it was so badly stunted. I think I need to get some humidity domes.

4E0B157C-D6CB-4465-AA3D-63AA0FCC9DD5.jpeg

8DF5894D-7F8E-4584-A1AA-F271F3E371D9.jpeg

Three Skittelz germinated. Planted in their containers and put under the indoor light. Switched the indoor light to 20/4 and ordered “humidity domes” (24 oz clear to go cups).

Ordered 30 more seeds. 10 Skittelz, 10 Pineapple Express, 10 Cream Cookies. All FastBuds. Averaged out to about $7 a seed Canadian.

Going to pop three more seeds this Friday. Blackberry. Tent is still only sort of full and the original three cheese are only 2-3 weeks from harvest max. Need to pick up the pace or I’m just burning electricity for nothing.

Have to start thinking about drying and curing procedures soon.

Pretty happy with the temps and humidity given the wild swings in outdoor temp and humidity the last week or so. From cold and dry to warm and wet outdoors but things have stayed reasonable in the tent.

The humidity domes arrived and I have two domed white cheese and three domed Skittelz.

451965AA-1B1F-4525-A6EB-0959A2BB60CF.png
85474876-62DD-439D-B64A-9AE24016291F.png

I set three blackberry to germinate Friday night. As soon as they germinate I’ll be tossing the two cheese in the tent and I’ll have three skittelz and three blackberry indoors under the tent. I think I can do all six indoors just fine as seedlings but I’ll do some tests to make sure there’s enough light at the edges. Now that the tent temps are sorted out and I’m using the humidity domes I could probably just start throwing them in the tent right away.

I’ve more or less standardized my soil mix. Clay pebbles on the bottom, Root Farm soil which is basically inert, very little nutrient in it, some sand and extra perlite with it. And Promix HP as topsoil. The only thing I’m messing with now is how much, if any, coco to mix in with the root farm.

Watered the three original Cheese girls. just PH’ed water. Their first flush. Lots of orange hairs. I’ll take some photos to check trichs this week. Maybe tomorrow.

I’m sure this is all hella boring for any poor sod who stumbles across this, but it’s useful for me to have it all written down.

Back
Top Bottom