WolfTick3t's Polar Express Trans Siberian Auto LED

WOLFtick3t

Bonjour from your friendly lurking Canuck. Or lurking since my last grow journal died an undignified death. But I'm back and hoping to grow some better than ever autos! I've added a Mars Hydro II 900 which I hope will be a help.

Strains: I'll be growing 4 Trans Siberian and 4 Polar Express from Auto Seeds. Both are Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis hybrids. I have grown a few Siberian girls but this will be the first go with the Polar. I also have a Bubba Auto from Dinafem which I will probbaly chuck in there too.

Growing Space: I will be growing in our extra tub again. I have upgraded the situation since last time by covering the tub with plywood which opens up a total of 36"x58" in which I can fit 12-15 plants in 12" fabric pots.

Media: My random mix of organic soils, mostly Buffaloam and Maine, cut with perlite, growstone and coco. About 2/3 soil and 1/3 aeration material.

Current Stage: Ungerminated. I've got a pack of 6 seeds for each strain, couple extra if I need them or for the next grow. I will be doing a slow rollout and germinating 2 seeds every two weeks, starting tomorrow, Friday the 26th of August.

Lights: Running with 1 x Mars Hydro II 900 LED, 1x WYZM 180 UFO LED and 1x WYZM 360 Panel LED. I also have a few 85-105 watt CFL lights that I will probably use as side lights for a few hours a day when it cools off. Figure my LED's are pulling about 500-550 watts. I hung the 900 with 6 heavy 3M Command Hooks.

Climate: It's currently hot and dry. The bathroom fan pulls the hot air out alright but the air coming in is the same temp right now. With the lights running it breaks 30C during the day. Humidity is around 22% and climbing. Also have an air purifier and another small fan running.

Water and Nutrients: Using the EJ Original 5 + Bloomin' Guano. I've been doing a 1/2 strength feed every other watering. Ph corrected water otherwise. I'll have to see if that changes with the new setup, I'm hoping more light means bigger plants and more water and nutes during blooming.

image16355.jpeg

image16354.jpeg

image16353.jpeg

I'm pretty happy with the placment of the 900 and how well my improvised cleats worked out. The tops of a couple of Bubba auto girls and a Quarter-Pounder auto are in there too.

Looking forward to getting some seeds in the ground and some bud in the jars! Cheers.

Morning Wolf. Great setup you have going. I'd kill a few lights to get Temps down some. I'd like to keep it at 25° for a high. Mars 900 should be fine by itself. Moreover, keep fresh air moving in and out of bathroom to keep CO2 fresh. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks for the love, Sara. You can give yourself a gold star, I decided on Mars Hydro and the 900 largely based on the great info and discussions here.

Hey, Miller. Good call. I killed the UFO and it did drop the temp a tiny bit. The news says today is the end of our little heatwave so hopefully thing cool down before the new crop. I'll have to look for a small AC unit on clearance this fall in prep for next summer.

Hardly more than a day under the 900 and my current crop of heat-hardened warriors are looking happier than ever. They seem to be undergoing a bit of a second wind of new flowering. This (I think) confirms what I was pretty sure of already, which is that my small LED's just do not cut it without the large CFL's doing a pretty good chunk of the work.

I'm using the paper towel in saucers method to germinate and just dropped the first two Siberian girl in to germinate just now. Pots are filled and ready. Let the games begin!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom