Wonder Woman - Short Rider First Grow

Re: Wonder Woman, Short Rider BPN First Grow

Yes, I couldnt wait any longer :).......I think if I could of came up with a lot more 2 liter bottles for clones I would of held on to more mothers for awhile. Think I might just get a stick of 4" pvc drain pipe and make some planters out of that. 10ft is only $7 and the caps are under $2 each. Should be able to make 12 planters for around $30.

Damn dude you havent got that tent up yet. Are you that afraid of her, :) You'll set it up and she'll have shoes in it before you can even get your plants in there. lol

I know what you mean, I plan on vegging mine a bit longer but I'm just dying to flower them now. The PVC pipe is a great cheap idea for pots ant they should be alot more robust then the bottles.

Lol I'm afraid of no woman ,except my mother :) I'm putting up the tent tonight tho so if I find any of her shoes in with my ladies I'll feckin burn them lol.

IMG_000454.JPG
IMG_000347.JPG
IMG_000253.JPG
IMG_000147.JPG

Dumpy, need to chat with ya through PM or something,,,,,,need to pick your brain about your CO2 setup. I'll write ya tonight or tomorrow.

The very front left one was my Short Rider runt that I didnt think would make it. One day last week, overnight, it kicked into overdrive and is now taller then the second biggest one and I would imagine it will end up bigger then the biggest one. Weird, she's a freak of nature now.

Tonight Ive been working on a bud trimmer, mostly for mine and a buddies outside grow. Found an old box fan in parents attic, took it apart and reversed the windings, moved the blades closer to the front of the box, sharpened the blades........... unfortunately I dont have any buds to try it on. I'm sure it will work though. I'll take pics of it sometime this week when I'm done painting it and changing out the front grill to something I think might work better.

Anytime Brodda. I used a Sentinel chhc 4 which ran i think somewhere around 700 bucks. The regulator was about a hundred and the co2 tank was i think 35 bucks, but it lasts forever. I like the chhc4 but for the new tent I think I want to try an Iponic600. I havent seen many reviews on it, but I haven't seen any used units for sale either. All I did was take a dishwasher solonoid and tied ot to the low pressure side of the regulator. The controller cycles the dishwasher solonoid as it tries to satisfy your settings. Also Turn the regulator volume way down or no matter what you do it will overshoot your settings by a mile because our tents are so small. Took me a couple of rum and cokes to get that set. I set mine at 1250 ppm. It hovers between 1200 and 1300 ppm.

Anytime Brodda. I used a Sentinel chhc 4 which ran i think somewhere around 700 bucks. The regulator was about a hundred and the co2 tank was i think 35 bucks, but it lasts forever. I like the chhc4 but for the new tent I think I want to try an Iponic600. I havent seen many reviews on it, but I haven't seen any used units for sale either. All I did was take a dishwasher solonoid and tied ot to the low pressure side of the regulator. The controller cycles the dishwasher solonoid as it tries to satisfy your settings. Also Turn the regulator volume way down or no matter what you do it will overshoot your settings by a mile because our tents are so small. Took me a couple of rum and cokes to get that set. I set mine at 1250 ppm. It hovers between 1200 and 1300 ppm.

I have at least 30-40 different solenoids laying around between here and work. Think I might even have a regulator and flow meter but it would be for an oxygen mask. If I can adapt or change the fitting on it, it should work. Plus I have a gazillion scuba tanks that I can probably adapt. We shall see. The controller would be the only thing I think I would need.....My question is, how do you keep the co2 in the tent when the filter is exchanging the air, do you shut it off? Is it that big of a deal if you shut it off or not being that co2 is heavier? How long does a tank last ya?

Spiced Rum? I'm a Big fan of Captain & coke :) Most certainly have to hook up this summer when I come up.

Well, thats the beauty of the chhc4. When it kicks my exhaust fan into high, it stops injecting Co2 untill the fan kicks back into low. On low speed the fan is barely turning. Just enough to keep a negative pressure in the tent. I use that canarm speed control to slow the fan right down. The feed to the fan runs through a form c contact backwards. The normally closed side has the speed control feeding in and the normally open side is a straight thru to the fan. So when the chhc4 is low, there is a speed control controlling the fan and when the chhc4 goes high it energizes the relay disegaging the the motor control and sending unregulated power to the fan. That is how I get the fan run very slow. It keeps the smell from entering the house. I also used a 6 inch check valve in my intake duct. If ya want pm an email address and I'll send you a drawing on what i did. I can take a pic of it, but it looks like a mess inside the box. Dont know if it will be helpfull. Like a mechanic usually has a crappy looking but reliable car, I'm an electrician so...

Well, thats the beauty of the chhc4. When it kicks my exhaust fan into high, it stops injecting Co2 untill the fan kicks back into low. On low speed the fan is barely turning. Just enough to keep a negative pressure in the tent. I use that canarm speed control to slow the fan right down. The feed to the fan runs through a form c contact backwards. The normally closed side has the speed control feeding in and the normally open side is a straight thru to the fan. So when the chhc4 is low, there is a speed control controlling the fan and when the chhc4 goes high it energizes the relay disegaging the the motor control and sending unregulated power to the fan. That is how I get the fan run very slow. It keeps the smell from entering the house. I also used a 6 inch check valve in my intake duct. If ya want pm an email address and I'll send you a drawing on what i did. I can take a pic of it, but it looks like a mess inside the box. Dont know if it will be helpfull. Like a mechanic usually has a crappy looking but reliable car, I'm an electrician so...

Not an electrician but troubleshoot electrical equipment, controls etc etc,,,of course you know this already. I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying,,,,,,,,your chhc4 controller has a high and a low speed output, high goes straight to the fan off the relay that you installed in the circuit, low runs to the speed controller then to fan.....I didnt know the chhc4 had low/high capability, thats sweet. More interested then ever in it now. Going to check it out on their homepage to see if they give a good description. The unit has 5 outlets, right?

Amazon has the controller for $550. Looks like I need to do a quick side job :)

The chhc4 doesnt have a low speed. It just has a receptacle dedicated for a fan. I use that output to drive a relay. NC side of the relay has the motor control and NO side is straight through. Creates my constant low speed.

Oh one more thing,,,,,Home Depots in my area are clearing out their last years stock of promix, half off. I know you use the stuff, as do I for outdoors.........thought I would let you know in case maybe their doing the same thing up there.

The chhc4 doesnt have a low speed. It just has a receptacle dedicated for a fan. I use that output to drive a relay. NC side of the relay has the motor control and NO side is straight through. Creates my constant low speed.

got it, no need for the schematic.

Your using the fan outlet to control the coil on the relay

I'll check tomorrow. If stuff looks good i'll get some. I try to use the hydro store in my area though. Ive seen stuff sit in box stores for years out in their greenhouses. Just seems more likely for me to bring home some gnats or something. Plus the dudes at the hydro store Are pretty cool. If I'm about to screw something up they are quick to offer insight. I also like to keep dough flowing in my community. Its sickening to me hearing that coporate profits are down to just 30 million this quarter. Plus with the UDWC underway I wont need alot more. :tokin:

here's what you can look forward to. I love this strain, I really do.. These were in 3 gal pots with light feeding.

Hope it gets you psyched! Take clones please, you will regret it if you dont haha. I actually planned on phasing it out a while back and flowered my last one.. After smoking it again, I had to reveg her and she's still in rotation.

11-03-11_013.jpg

11-03-11_015.jpg

02-18-11_001.jpg

right before they went in jars
02-15-11_001.jpg

02-15-11_002.jpg

What strain is that?! im getting it this paycheck tell me what is it where i can get it please auto flower would be great but Fem is cool to

So I decided to add some more light in the upper color spectrum to the tent when I got home from work. Took me about an hour and a $100, $29 each for the light bars and the rest was bulbs, cord, electrical boxes and connectors. Qty 16, 23w 5000k bulbs. Need to get some ratcheting light hangers to finish it off instead of just string/line.
IMG_001034.JPG
IMG_000931.JPG
IMG_000834.JPG
IMG_000642.JPG
IMG_000548.JPG
IMG_000455.JPG
IMG_000348.JPG
IMG_000254.JPG
IMG_000148.JPG

Did ya get any components yet? Buckets etc etc, new tent, lights........

The tent is coming together. Was just going to go to the hydro store and say I need this and let them get it together for me. Gonna start with 8 pots I think. Its still a few weeks down the road. Want to leave some room to move. Have the tent, lights, AC, and fans and am puttering putting it all together. I'm in no rush.

Back
Top Bottom