Wonder Woman

This is much overdue.. I decided to grow the wonder woman strain because of the lack of information on the web regarding it. It seems nobody has grown it. I will start off by saying this strain is like finding a les paul at a thrift store for $50. I have grown somewhere in the range of 75-100 of these from the original 2 seeds.

Overall: A

Grow Details
Medium: Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
Nutrients: Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, then I switched to GH 3 part (Lucas formula) further down the road.
Containers: Flowered 2L bottles, 1 gallon pots, 3 gallon pots.
Flowered under 600w HPS

I started with female seeds, and germed 2 of them. I ended up with 2 different phenos, one leaning to the sativa side, and one leaning to the indica side. I will break the report into 2 sections for each pheno as they are noticeably different.

Sativa Pheno
This was by far my favorite pheno. The plant grows very tight nodes, and the branches grow very close to the plant, she doesn't grow very wide at all. When put in flower, she stretches about 2x her initial size, which is pretty average. She responds to the dark period almost immediately and shoots off with explosive growth and buds begin to form.

Smells fruity, with skunky undertones, while growing, has almost a ammonia smell to it, similar to cat urine. Not in the gross way, but in a pleasant, skunky way. The smell is wonderful, unlike any other bud I've smelt, definitely worth the try.

Indica Pheno
This was the heavier yielding of the 2 phenos and also finishes a week sooner. She starts throwing pistils right when the lights change, and doesn't stretch much at all, maybe 50% its initial size, great for compact gardens.

Smells like serious skunk mixed with kerosene / armpit sweat lol

Smoke Details

Sativa
Smokes fairly smooth on the inhale, a bit of harshness on the exhale, kind of hashy. You would expect it to taste a lot better because of the strong smell, but a long cure will bring this out. The high is very balanced, but more on the sativa side. Unlike most hybrids that trail off into an indica stone, the sativa characteristics go all the way to the end, even though the indica stone creeps up about an hour into it. I'd give it a 9/10.

Indica
Smokes about the same as the sativa pheno, but more of a hashy taste, and instead of tasting fruit, you get more of a fuel-like taste. The high in my opinion is lacking, it hits you really hard at first, a full on indica stone, but quickly subsides and leaves you with the lingering post-THC crash you get from smoking a vape for the first time. It would be nice if it carried on like the sativa pheno and just lingered at about a 4/10 for another couple of hours. Don't get me wrong, it's a great high, but compared to the sativa pheno, it's not as good. I'd give it a 8/10

Closing Notes
Quick rooting for cuttings (1 week in the aero cloner)
Responds to topping well, although if left untopped, you will have a MONSTER cola.
Handles nutes pretty well, likes a boost of N during stretch and likes a decent amount of it during flower or the leaves will turn yellow.
Handles ph fluctuation really well
Good for new growers to learn on, even better for pros to get massive yields from.
You don't really build a tolerance to this strain. I noticed the kush strains I had going before would seem weak after a few weeks of smoking it, but this hits you with the same power every time. It's been my primary strain for almost a year and I still get ripped off one bowl.

My first harvest was 4oz for the 36" sativa and 3oz for the 22" indica pheno. Here's a cola harvest pic of them both. The sativa is the bigger one (had some ph issues with the indica)

DSCF09551.JPG

and a later harvest with prettier buds

02-15-11_001.jpg

Ideal Grow Environment
If you get the sativa pheno, throw it in a tight SOG setup. You can fit more plants than usual due to how it branches upwards rather than out. The indica pheno does well with a longer veg time. It doesn't stretch much, and the bigger the plant, the heavier the yields. This strain definitely yields heavy.

I'm actually moving this strain out of rotation in the garden just to try some others, but I have 3 seeds left and definitely will grow it out again.

If you guys have any questions, I'm sure theres something I didn't touch on in the review, just post em up here.

Nirvana Wonder Woman is another one of those fabulous new high-volume marijuana plants. :ganjamon: Fresh genetics make it possible for these marijuana seeds to yield over half a kilo of weed per square meter! Wonder Woman bears rock hard buds which are easy to trim. The smoke of this cannabis variety has a classic, rich, skunky flavour accompanied by a long-lasting buzz.

yeah the seeds are cheap for sure. I will mention that my seeds came, they were little, looked somewhat immature, but had no issues germing them, they grew into really strong plants.

You will want to let her go a full 10 weeks, the high stays pretty consistent when you chop from 8-10, but in the last week the buds really get rock hard to the point if you drop one on the table, it sounds like you're dropping a block of wood. They like to foxtail in the last couple weeks of flower. Even at week 10 they still keep producing new flower growth, but I never let them go any longer than that.

I'm pretty sure they only offer fem seeds, at least they did when I first ordered them. Definitely could be a 12 weeker, I just never let them go that long. Once it's cured, it smokes like a dream, and the peak is really intense. A cure really brings everything out of this bud, if you don't cure it, it's alright, but if you do cure it, it ranks up there with other top medical strains.

Both Nirvana and Seedsman has them only regulars now. Going to get my hands on some. Will try to transform the Wonder Woman to a Super Women.

Nirvana Shop lists feminized as available in addition to regular. Looks like the feminized packs of them are on sale.

very nice, 12, you gonna try crossing the SLH with it? That would make some killer stank, especially crossing the high yielding indica, might reduce some of the crazy stretch the haze does

Nirvana Shop lists feminized as available in addition to regular. Looks like the feminized packs of them are on sale.

Thanks TS. I must have looked in haste, didn't see the feminize option on the pulldown menu. Though, right now I'm only interested in regular seeds.

very nice, 12, you gonna try crossing the SLH with it? That would make some killer stank, especially crossing the high yielding indica, might reduce some of the crazy stretch the haze does

Yes, though the SLH is only feminized hope the Wonder Woman is male. Does it have good germination rate? The Purple Ryder I got didn't even pop, it went soft and its all white goo inside after being in the rapid rooter for 4 days.

i only ever tried germing 2 of them, they most immature looking seeds, and they both popped within 24hrs, this was back when I used paper towels and had horrible success. Since then anything I throw in wet soil has come up.

I didn't have a ppm meter until just recently, so I haven't had a full grow testing ppms. My ph though I would target 6.5. It would sit anywhere from 6.3-7 though depending on the strength. It takes ph fluctuation fairly well. When I first started growing it, I didn't have a ph tester, and later realized my ph was around 4 when I fed them. It didn't show deficiencies until 2-3 weeks after, and it straightened out very easily.

I would appreciate any insight into my first ever hydro grow of Wonder Woman--sativa pheno I believe.

This grow effort is my first ever at the the ripe age of 45.

Thanks.

J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

I am back here because I am so close to harvest. Week 8. The trichomes are slowly, slowly, getting milky. Re-reading this reminds me to be patient and that I could be looking at another two weeks, Lord...maybe three.

The top colas aren't bottles by they are nice tight buds. Dense. I have noticed that the trichomes seem to be getting more dense. Nothing is close to amber. I love the buds that are even at the bottom of my plant. They aren't popcorn, but more like golf balls. The smell is a noticeable skunk.

I plan on water curing for a week, then drying the buds in my Nesco food dehydrator for four hours before curing for at least a week. I am not sure whether to keep in jars in my cool dark cabinets, or vacuum pack in a "Food Saver".

I suppose it will all depend on yield.

Thin unhealthy plant. Low producer. If it does not get me higher than a kite I will
call this a waste of time, h2o, nutes, soil, room and lighting.

I have grown just about every strain Nirvana has and this has to be the most disappointing of them all.
Guess after it cures we shall see....

I am as pleased with my WoWo potency and experience as I have been with every other herb I have tried. The thing I actually found distinctive was the taste. Other strains from dispensaries tasted minty at first vape then broke down into a heavier popcorn.

The Wonder Woman tasted like high end tea and then descended into popcorn.

I am beginning to believe that potency is a nice hard metric, but there are so many variables that would effect the potency of two buds from the same plant. To wit: the type and temperature of vaporizer, the cleanliness of the screen, the dampness of the bud, the quality of the trimming, the method of drying and the length of cure.

Maybe we are over thinking this a bit too much.

I have two bag seeds that are about four weeks from harvest. After all that they've suffered through both girls are flowering nicely and no herming. I really fully expect to report that the vape was just as good as the WoWo, or the BuKu, or the PuEr...etc.

We'll see. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom